Aska Bruno 8/15/07-12/11/17

FiveRoooooers

All weekend, a ladybug followed us from room to room. Aiden was the first to notice her on the living room rug, and got up from his bed to investigate. She went from there to the kitchen then to the laundry room where a camper eats and then to our bedroom where she landed on the lampshade next to our bed. She was still there this morning and I wasn’t sure if she was alive. Tonight she is still clinging to the lampshade, but she is gone. As is my Bruno, Mr. White #2. Osteosarcoma be damned.

Bruno arrived here in September with his long-term roommate, Bosco, whom we lost to multiple illnesses just 28 days later. Shortly after that, Bruno was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in his shoulder. I was stupidly hopeful that we’d get more time. We had seemingly gotten on it relatively quickly and he was just 10.4. I couldn’t possibly be looking, again, at losing two dogs within three months of each other (and three dogs in all this year). Silly me. I have the best vets :wub: and we *did* get more time. Just not nearly enough. I love that just before he left, Trina fed Bruno a half a donut. When?? "While you guys were talking." :wub:Not Exactly A Bucket List

After Bosco died, it became evident how dependent upon him Bruno had been – he was so much like Zeke-aroni after he’d lost his LadyBug. We had Seamie then to help Zeke-aroni find his balance and new, comfortable normal. This time we had Aiden, who took Bruno on and helped him discover his confidence and his new, comfortable normal. Bruno was just settling in when the monster got really ugly and took my boy.

For all his quirks, Bruno was a great guy. His first night here he took over my chair. He loved rides in the BOH - the smallest whisper of going for a ride and a walk brought happy feet and happy tail. He and Aiden became very close – so often I would find the two of them away from the other campers, each hunkered down in separate beds but as close as they could get. He was getting terrific at solving puzzles, well, he and Aiden were team puzzle masters :lol Unbelievably, Bruno had a bit of the mayhem gene – more than once I caught him looking at a camper sideways and with his mouth open – but unlike Paddy he never went any further than that. There is a current TV jingle for Xfinity and my silly singing of it had a silly Bruno wagging his tail so fast and happy! "Holiday and a holiday and the best one of the year!" Bruno inherited Paddy’s purple Grammie’s Jammies and tonight it was appropriate that the bag of his belongings he took with included their jammies. Bruno wasn’t a terribly snuggly fellow but he was warming up to the occasional kiss on the top of his head and I was thrilled that when my morning alarm went off he was now comfortable coming to the side of the bed with a real smile and that happy tail of his. These past few days he stayed closer to me than he had at any point in his three months here. He seemed to love having me rub his back over his jammies and while I sat at the computer his head rested on my foot :beatheart

25289340_1902489103400893_79637840861491

25299241_1902488953400908_79390973480915

25152298_1902489273400876_87102266920046

24991384_1902489033400900_59582883795490

25152354_1902489186734218_25391475839929

25158378_1902488910067579_58533502801137

24910111_1902488730067597_38551002181844

24991018_1902488843400919_49480646423265

My deepest gratitude to the boys' group for going incredible miles to do everything possible to keep the boys together and so, so much more. Tonight, if there is any comfort in having to say goodbye it is that Bruno and Bosco are together again :beatheart :beatheart It has been gut-wrenching to watch Bruno continue to look for Bosco, or, perhaps it was more that it was Bosco’s spirit waiting outside the gate for Bruno. The White Boys belonged together and so with a shattered heart, tonight I bid my second white boy Godspeed. :gh_run2

25152220_1902489316734205_58348614754905

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I’m so very sorry, Jan. I hope Bruno and Bosco are cuddling as I write this.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Bless you for taking these boys in. I don't want to think about a scenario where they were separated for their last months.

Godspeed Bruno. Painfree and running again :beatheart:beatheart:grouphug

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

You two packed a lot of good life into your time together. I'm so sorry it wasn't longer.

Godspeed, Bruno.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Wow - that second picture with Aiden says it all. :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

I'm so sorry that they both had only a short stay. I loved Bruno's "bucket list" post, and that Aiden stepped right in where Bosco left off. There's truly something magical about Camp Greyhound.

Run-free Bruno. :f_white

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Bless you for taking these boys in. I don't want to think about a scenario where they were separated for their last months.

This. I'm so sorry, Jan. :grouphug

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

My heart is breaking with and for you. Jan, I am so very sorry that Bosco needed Bruno more and now they are together once again, smiling down on you and the campers.

Hugs

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

You have a huge heart. I don't know how you do what you do, but bless you for it.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Jan, I'm so so sorry... I'm just sitting here bawling for you and sweet Bruno.

Run In Peace Mr White.... You are missed by so many.

{{{hugs}}}

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Oh Jan, I'm so very sorry for your loss of sweet Bruno. Run free, Bruno.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Jan, I am so sorry Bruno had to leave. Although his time with you was far too short, he found companionship and gentle, compassionate care at CG. Your tribute to him shows a lovely spirit who is now reunited with Bosco.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

:f_white I am so sorry for your loss, but also so happy thinking of the good life Bruno and of course Bosco enjoyed together, with you.

May they be remembering and celebrating that, as they run free together: :gh_run2 :gh_run2

Edited by DocsDoctor

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

:(

Bruno is once again with his bestie

:bighug for you, Jan, and all you do for your Campers

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I am so terribly sorry to hear this. My heart is breaking for you. Greyhounds are such loyal and loving creatures!!!!!! As you know even death cannot break the bond of love and loyalty they have with their family canine or human. This happens so much that when one of the beloved crosses over it is not long until the other one follows. Love truly is eternal for a greyhound. I remember when Momma Seabird crossed I refused to admit my concern about how Bobber (her daughter) would handle it. How did she handle it? She suddenly and unexpectedly crossed over from a medical condition just in time to spend Mother's Day with her mother. Like you I obtained no small measure of solace by knowing they were with their beloved-happy and free. As are The White Boys. Their love was simply too strong to be impeded by death or anything else. They are each with their beloved now- so happy and healthy! And as you know they will still always be with their Camp Greyhound family too! They love you guys far too much to leave you either. I am sure they will reach across the heavens and continue sharing love. You were so kind for opening your heart to them, and each of them has left a little piece of his own soul inside you. What a precious gift! Also I would keep my eyes out for ladybugs! They are a special sign from our angels.

My deepest sympathy.

:f_red :f_red :f_red:gh_run

Edited by racindog

Jan, I'm so sorry. Although their time with you was short, too short, they knew the love and caring that are so much a part of Camp Greyhound. Run with the angels Bruno. Find Bosco

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)