Beauregard - Rip

Dave_P

My best friend and constant companion for the last 10-12 years has died in his sleep. Beau and I had a very close bond, and traveled all around the state together, on many adventures. I loved him dearly.

Excellent watch dog ; that was the Chow Chow part of him. He could be vicious. The Golden Retriever side was soft and loving and warm. And extremely handsome.

I knew he was running out of time; he turned 14 this month. Eyes were bad, hearing really bad (I used hand signals for him), kidneys were failing and he was losing a lot of weight. He was a tough dog, and tried valiantly to keep up with my 2 younger dogs.

The really sad part, is that he died while I had him in the local kennel ( my daughter came up from S Florida to weather the hurricane, and her kids were nervous around Beau). I was not there for him, or was any of his pack. I feel badly about that. We buried him in my front yard, where I can visit him every day.

Thanks for listening. Dave

Gotta share a video or two. First one is my favorite.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

We lost one of my heart dogs in similar circumstances - I was in the hospital having surgery when she got sick. DH took her to our vet, who had no overnight supervision. She was gone - probably a heart attack, when the vet went in to work the next morning. I couldn't even grieve properly because I was so sick, and still feel guilty she died alone in a strange place.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I'm very sorry for your loss. Run-free, Beau. :f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I too have lost dogs when I wasn't there with them, and it broke my heart. I understand the pain that brings. But know that this dog had the perfect life with you. The videos are worth a thousand words, though your love shines through in your beautiful tribute. I'm so sorry you lost your precious Beau.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so very sorry.

Godspeed Beau.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so very sorry. I can see that he was a very special guy.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Awwww...so very sorry for the loss of your handsome Beau.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, handsome.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

It's hard enough to lose them, heartbreaking when we can't be there to hold their paw (been there, done that...it sucks hard).

Beau sure was a character! Perfect, beautiful dog. Eating the water, then scolding it...priceless!

Peace to your aching heart. Roll in something stinky, Beau, until you guys meet again. :beatheart

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Oh what a beautiful guy! I had quite the fellow named Toby who looked very much like him. I am sure Beau feels that you were with him....you really were you know. Each of you will always have a piece of the others soul in theirs. You can never be separated. Love is sooo powerful! It easily transcends distance or anything else. The fact he chose to leave when/where he did may be because he was trying to spare you as much hurt and trauma as he could. He knew how much you loved him. Being the smart fellow he is. he may even have figured in how busy you'd be with the hurricane visitors etc and figured that would also help you get through the trauma of his having to cross over. Be open minded. He may very well send you a sign that all is well. You will recognize it easily because you of course intimately know his energy/spirit. He sounds like quite a guy. He will be with you always. Love his name too! Hugs.

:f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :grouphug

Thank you very much folks, for the kind words and thoughts.

What I do see now, is that Milo (my grey) is kinda "coming out of his shell". More loving to me, happier around the house. Was not obvious to me, but maybe Beauregard's aggressive demeanor was intimidating to Milo. Never said I was a fast learner!!

Thanks again

Dave

I'm so sorry for your untimely loss of Beauregard.

I hope your years of happy memories with Beau will eventually help comfort your aching heart.

Godspeed Beauregard.

:f_red

(I had a similar loss when one of my dogs was boarded at vet during a trip 30+ years ago. Still makes me sad.I try to focus on our 13-14 years of happiness together.)

I can understand Milo feeling a little more free to blossom with you now. Greyhounds are a wonderfully sensitive breed.

I am very sorry for the loss of your Beau. :grouphug Love the video of him telling the water to turn back.

Another way to look at the change in Milo's personality is not so much that Beau intimidated him, as that he has stepped up to try to fill the missing role in the pack. My Milo sends greetings to your Milo.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter