The Lovely Miss Sheana (Nov. 1, 2001- March 13, 2015)

Guest greybookends

Guest greybookends

I know I have not been on for quite a while but I was on here for so long and my hounds were such a part of this community for many years, I wanted to let you know that I lost The Lovely Miss Sheana tonight. She started going downhill about 3 weeks ago and had deteriorated very quickly over the last couple of days and today in particular. We are not for sure other then being over 13 what exactly what happened but I strongly suspect osteo in her left shoulder.

She came to me as an emergency foster. She tested cat safe at the kennel got adopted and instantly went for the cat with not letting up. She lied on her test. We fell in love with her and never let her go.

She was the second half of my Bookends and now her and Bill are gone.

I laid on the floor with her in the vets and rubbed her belly whispered I love you in her soft ears and cried into her beautiful striped fur. The vet sat with me as I told her all about the wonderful 10 years of memories I have. I had dressed her in her best collar and bling and the vet was commenting on her divaness. I told her that If she were human she would have been all red lace and fishnet stockings.

She was my Miss Piggy,my cookie monster, my mighty huntress, my dinner alarm, my electric blanket on a cold night, the kid in the back seat asking "Are we there yet?". I will miss her silky cheeks and ears, even her whiney butt when she couldn't get her way.

I could write novels about how much I loved her and will miss her.

I love you pretty girl and miss you so much all ready.

040-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

051.jpg

034.jpg

Picture1898.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori and Michael, I'm so sorry to read about Sheana. She was a wonderful girl. :bighug to you both.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

So sorry to hear about Sheana.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Lori, what a loss. I'm so sorry for you and your family. {{{HUGS}}} to all of you.

Run far and fast and pain free, sweet Sheana. You will be missed.............

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

So very sorry for your loss. :brokenheart I know that pain all too well. :( May you always feel her loving spirit in your heart. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so sorry she had to leave you. She was a special girl, wasn't she? :wub:

Godspeed, Sheana.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh Lori-I'm so very sorry. She was such a lovely girl.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest IrskasMom

Lori , I missed you ........ I am so very sorry , you lost your Beautiful Girl Sheana. . Run with the Wind and say Hello to my Morty . :f_pink

Your beautiful, silly, good girl, Miss Sheana. Lori and MIchael, I am so sorry to see this. She and Bill are once again together, what a reunion that had to have been, but my heart breaks for you. We will miss her, too. :grouphug:grouphug Lori, please don't be a stranger.

Godspeed Sheana :f_pink

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.