Karma (Didn't Mean To) 08/10/2001-01/10-2015

ivon

I lost my sweet Karma girl suddenly this morning, my class clown, reader of mail, horder and destroyer of remote controls and glasses, bathroom trash diver. She was such a happy dog, always goofing around, acting like a puppy til the end. She never met a stranger, loved all humans and dogs, even kissed the mailman once.

I adopted her 4 1/2 years ago from Greys Landing, drove 9 hours one way to pick her up, she put Spud in his place the first day on the car ride home. They never had a cross word, but he knew that his "space issues" didn't fly with her. She loved walks and car rides, didn't matter if it ended up at the vets or the groomers for nail trims, she loved it all.

She's never been sick once, though she did managed to split her paw open more than once, just because she was wild, crazy, fearless, and fast.

This morning around 5am, I let all three dogs out into the yard, they did their thing and came back in, she had no issues then. Around 9am, I got up to feed them breakfast, (Spud had been complaining that it was late), and Karma could not get up from her dog bed. While I hustled the other two into the dining room, she somehow managed to follow us, but then she fell over on her side. I was hoping she was just stiff from laying around for a while, tried to help her up, but her paws curled under. And, the whole episode freaked her out pretty bad, so in addition to Rimadyl I gave her Xanax, so we could get her to the vet without upsetting her further.

The vet gave me the option of an MRI, followed by, depending on the diagnosis, either radiation, back surgery, or blood thinners, or keeping her in the state she was hoping she improves. None of these were good options, considering how much her condition upset her already, so I opted to let her go.

She was aptly named, and she gave me one last gift, not having to see her decline gradually; she wasn't in pain, and I petted her and talked to her until she drifted off.

Yet, there is a giant Greyhound shaped hole in my heart....

spud_karma_sig.jpgmed_gallery_2551_3357_5098.jpg

Ivon, Spud, Karma & Sasha

Missing Darla (05-22-96 03-01-2010)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet girl.

Run free, Karma. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm so sorry for your loss of Karma. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

:grouphug Rest well, beautiful Karma.

:gh_run2

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

My deepest condolences to you for your sudden loss. :sad1 Godspeed, sweet Karma... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry Ivon. :grouphug:(

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

What a wonderful, heartfelt tribute to your friend. Of course there is a huge, greyhound sized hole in your heart right now, how could there not be. I am so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Godspeed good girl.

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your wonderful girl.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So very sorry for the loss of your girlie.

Remember the good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so very sorry. Your goofy broodie had a wonderful retirement. I wish she could have stayed a bit longer.

Godspeed Karma.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)