George Of New England (Driven By Chile)

GeorgeofNE

9/9/02 - 8/16/14

On Saturday August 16, with his head on my lap, and an adorable case of ETS, George was set free from his lumbar spinal stenosis and left this world looking right in my eyes as I told him how much I loved him.

He went instantly, ready it seems. George was tired. He had been falling on the stairs, walking on the tops of his paws, and was incontinent. His eyes told me what I needed to know. That it was time.

I spent a week telling him goodbye (after my vet confirmed he was in pain) and spoiling him with hamburgers, hot dogs, and ice cream. And then my vet freed him.

I will miss you forever. And I thank you for your companionship. I hope that I made your retirement enjoyable, although I always felt you would have preferred to return to the track.

Your blog and your Facebook page will live on, as they have a life of their own. You will be remembered by many, and Virtual George will continue to grace the major Greyhound events as long as Laze carries you in the back of her pants.

Be free and whole and healthy and strong again, my handsome boy.

Until we meet again.

imagejpg1-3.jpg

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Susan, I'm so sorry. But thank you for spoiling him when he deserved it and being there when he needed you. We're going to miss him.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Godspeed George of Noo England. You were terrific. Find Seamie, he will keep you supplied with PBBs.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh, no, no, no! Thank you for sharing George of Noo England with us and thank you for taking such good care of him.

Run free sweet boy.

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Guest PiagetsMom

Thank you for sharing George with us over the years, Susan. George of NE has been a unique and special part of GreyTalk, and he will be missed. I hope that your heart healer is not long from finding you - I send you a hug :grouphug

:weep:weep:weep Oh NOOOOOOOOOOO! :cry1 I can't believe it -not our George. :( My heart is breaking for you. :sad1 I will tell Slim to find him at the bridge and help and protect him. I am beyond words. :grouphug:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:gh_run

George thanks for sharing your special adventures and allowing us to know you. We LOVE you and always will. You will never never be forgotten and although you may not be here in your earth suit anymore your spirit will always be with us.

Hope you're teaching blogging classes up there, George. That picture of you makes me smile--so very handsome. You will be loved and remembered always.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I am so very sorry to hear this, Susan. My thoughts are with you. I loved seeing pictures of George and Mr. B. What a pair! I hope you'll still post some of those old favorites for us from time to time.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

I am so sorry for your loss :f_white Run free, George - young, strong and swift once more! :gh_run2

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

I'm so sorry. Run free sweet boy. I will miss your stories.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

I'm so very sorry... as others have said, he'll be much missed here, and I'll never forget 'chikken arms'... I also hope Mr. Bigglesworth will be OK without his pal.

Hugs to you... George is a GT favorite (and will remain so...)

Run free of pain, George!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Susan, I'm so sorry it was George's time to leave you. He had such a beautiful face & seemed like a gentle soul. Even with all his whirled fame. :star He leaves a big George-shaped gap for his fan club, not to mention for you, Mr. B & dear Ming. Godspeed George! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis