Can't Believe This Is Happening

just checking in this morning...

DAMN.

bleep bleep bleep is all we have to say.

00-Dude be strong big guy!

Many many ((((hugs )))))for Chris

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, I am so sorry to hear of Dude's dx. We are thinking of both of you today and know too well what you are going through. I hope everything goes well with the consult today.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Keeping Dude, Chris and family tucked tightly in my thoughts. Hope the consult goes well.

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

You and Dude have been in my mind all morning. Sending hugs and strength. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest TeddysMom

Just seeing this news about Dude, I am so sorry. It has been a horrible start for the new year for a lot of GTers. My prayers will be said for Dude and you.

This just sucks hard. Prayers and gentle hugs for Dude and you.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I'm devastated to read this about your Dude. :weep We are now going through this with our Callie who broke her leg on Monday night and had her amputation on Thursday morning. I don't know how we would of gotten this far without all the love and support from the greyhound community. Although we still have a long, long road ahead, I feel so fortunate to have you all at our side in this journey.

My heart goes out to your family. :bighug

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Thanks so much - I knew someone would have the info at their fingertips. GT members are awesome.

this info is from Jane

The information from Jane on contacting or seeking treatment/drugs from OSU:

The email or phone consult is free, however a few people have been told they must sign up for the website ($50) and submit the request that way. Dr. Couto tells me that this is not true. However, if you are a member of their website, please submit your request that way because it will automate things and make record keeping for them easier. Certain chemo drugs are free; you would need to pay to have them administered.

Greyhound Health and Wellness Program

Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine

601 Vernon Tharp Street

Columbus, Ohio 43210

Phone: (614) 247-6757 or (614) 247-8490

Email: greyosu@osu.edu

Website: http://www.vet.ohio-state.edu/GHWP.htm (registration and fee now required to get full access to this site)

This email goes to the team. If Dr. Couto is traveling, you may get a quicker answer from one of his team members. Drs. Marin and Zaldivar typically respond to greyhound owners. The consult is free but if you can afford to support the program please do so. You can sign up for full access to the website ($99 per calendar year) or donate through the giving page on the website. If you decide to donate, you can double your money by giving through the Greyhound Project. They will match the funds that you donate. Just go to this website and scroll down to the appropriate donation button: http://www.adopt-a-g...g/donate.shtml.

Dr. Couto's direct email is: couto.1@osu.edu. His phone number is also 614-247-6757. If he is in town, he typically returns emails in the early hours of the morning.

You should know that (in my humble opinion) they need more staff. Unfortunately finances do not permit it at this time. They do 20 to 30 greyhound consults a day along with all of their "in canine" patients. Depending on their workload there may be a wait for the consultation. If you are contacting them on an emergency basis, please let them know.

If you want to make an appointment to be seen in person/canine, you can call the main number to set up a date/time. The main number for the veterinary hospital is 614-292-3551.

If you decide to visit OSU please contact me. I may be able to put you up in a local home, provide moral support, or just help with logistics: Finewhipador-drool@yahoo.com

Just here to let you know I am thinking of you and Dude, Chris.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I so appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers. Thank you all!

Just had a call from the evet. Dude is a bit anxious but not too bad. He slept and was comfortable last night.

There is some difference of opinion between the radiologist and the vet/surgeon as to whether there is pathological evidence on the x-rays of cancer. Radiologist says maybe not, but the vets are saying that given his history, age, sex, and everything else, he probably does have osteo. There are no observable tumors in his lungs. In a way, this is bad news because it means we have to make a decision with no clear diagnosis. I'd hate to put him through major surgery for the amp, but weeks of trying to fix a broken leg (that might not heal anyway) seems like a waste of time/money and more stressful for Dude than the amp.

DH and I are both bawling. Plus I have the worst case of flu I've had in years and feel like crap already. The four pups here know something is up and are concerned as well. Dude is the glue here at our house and for our pack. This is just horrible.

Kim, I read Callie's thread yesterday, and hope we can get Dude through this too!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly