WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

{{Kathy}} Come on Ivy, we are still baknforfing for you :candle

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Just peeked to keep up to date ish and s. Should have be. Bakandforthing for Ivy. I'm off to Bakandforthbakandforth retroactively. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

O.K. Back to backandforthing. 🙏🏻

Kathy, I'm not one to pray for specific outcomes (ore for strength, courage, patience, etc.) but, since yesterday, I've been praying for Ivy to be safe and sound. :unsure

Edited by Mercsmom
  • Like 1

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

We are so wurried about our Friendlie.  :( :hope :hope :hope

AP and Flizzie and Momma  :candle

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

We are back at the vet and Ivy is out of surgery for the second time.  She now has a drain and we are waiting for her to be awake enough to be transported to the 24 hour hospital.   We have to drive her there and it is 16 minutes away from the vet’s office.   :unsure  But they will make sure she is stable before releasing her.  

• Sad 4

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

We ar going to bed wiv ower pawsis Xxed fower Ivy.

Nutmeg and the Bandito.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Kathy sending you calming vibes and sending up prayers for Ivy. 

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

36 minutes ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

We are back at the vet and Ivy is out of surgery for the second time.  She now has a drain and we are waiting for her to be awake enough to be transported to the 24 hour hospital.   We have to drive her there and it is 16 minutes away from the vet’s office.   :unsure  But they will make sure she is stable before releasing her.  

Kathy, do you have any Amicar? If not, the quickest thing may be to get a written script for Tranexamic Acid.

Dosing tips and clips from older posts:

--- When given by mouth, the recommended dose of tranexamic acid for humans is 25 mg/kg three or four times a day.  In dogs, an oral dose of tranexamic acid at 15 mg/kg protects clots for at least 6 hours (Osekavage et al., 2018).  Maximum protection occurs later and lasts longer when tranexamic acid is given by mouth than when it is given intravenously, presumably because it takes some time for an oral dose to be absorbed into the body.  In their 2016 review, Yap and Aertsens recommend giving tranexamic acid by mouth at only 5 to 10 mg/kg to prevent delayed post-operative bleeding in Greyhounds.

--- I used the 650mg TA on my boys, if you can get a 500mg, use it.

--- The deerhound article: https://deerhoundhealth.org/delayed-post-operative-bleeding-an-update-on-tranexamic-acid/

--- The Yunnan Baiyao you can get at a Chinese grocery store. You'll probably have to show them the photo of the box in this article: https://www.mspca.org/angell_services/yunnan-baiyao-to-use-or-not-to-use/#%23

--- A greyhound friend used this dosing of YB:  2 tabs twice a day for up to 2 weeks for her greyhound Bella. It was also used to treat her greyhound Hustle for thyrombocypenia.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Ducky, that’s exactly what they are giving her here, both the amicar and the herbal supplement (which I hadn’t heard of before tonight.)

• Like 1

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Ivy, Ivy , have a safe recovery night. I send you hugs & prays.

Lucy I think it was you , a few days ago you mentioned  that the Unv of Wash was doing a study on female greys going  blind.  If it was you can you put me in touch with that article , thanks.

To all of my friends I wish you sweet dreams & Miss Jen thanks for the snacks

BItzi 

Kathy Yunnan you can order from Amazon.  When Bitzi had those  bleeding episodes  that is what finally did the trick.  THe little red ones use only in  a reall emergence & if you dont use them safe them.  Bitzi had no side effects from using them.  They are also cheap escpecially compared to Amicar .  You dont need a perscription to buy them

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Oh, sweet Ivy, please be okay!  Kathy, sounds like she will be in very good hands.  Sending lots of good thoughts for a quick and uneventful recovery, and some rest for you.  :grouphug

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I sent a post earlier but it didn't go through?!?     Ducky, that's exactly what the emergency vet gave her, both the amicar and the herbal supplement!    They checked her clotting times and they have been stable.   
She will spend the night for close monitoring, and the vet there told me that if everything stays the way it is now, she could probably come home tomorrow morning/afternoon.   I am just relieved to have her being watched all night!   Thank you so much for all your backandforfing and wonderful support!   I really appreciate it!

Kathy

• Like 7

Thank you for updating, Kathy. Try to get some rest tonight, your sweet girl is in good hands. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Kathy, like Caroline said, you can order the Yunnan from Amazon. That's where I got mine.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png