WFUBCC - #229 - June busting out

Gud cooler affer da rain Toesday! Mom sez when Johnny joined da Club, it seemed like it wuz red fawns and brinkles, now it iz blacks and brinkles. 

Mizz Ducky, yoo know whut dey say "da road to hell iz paved wibs gud intentions". Yoo are doin it rite, go slow, do yor research, organize, den deploy. Hope yoo are able to take sum time to yerself affer all dat. Let us know how yer crew iz doin.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Miz Ducky, how right you are that we hab needed a visit from Piggy!  Ma just lubs that sweet face. :wub:

Wiki, that is worrisome about Mistress' Aunt.  I hope she or son will change their minds about the horsepiddle. :(  Wiki, watch out, if your leggie doesn't look better soon you too might get a peenk flower around your neck. :eek
Mistress, what a smart idea to look for that fuchsia on the innerwebs! Ma started poking about on that website wif great interest.  Her Grandmama had 2 fuchsias that were trained as standards and Ma always enjoyed those plants. Ma would like to try to train a fuchsia into that form and she bets she could find just the right variety on that website! 
I think I might like that cooling mat wif the weather we've been habing. Maybe you'll warm to it later. :rotfl
The new vicar on Grantchester...we like him.  He seems like a decent, kind person wif his own mind.  It will be interesting to watch how the town and his parishioners learn to lub and respect him.

Miss Patsy, I hope you got a piece ob rhubarb pie to go wif that valuable information. :D

We were so overwhelmed by how much Tinker was enjoying his collar we forgot to mention it.     Yeah, BItzi.  We're feeling the lub for it here to. :D  He's getting a bit ob time out ob it for breakfast now butt he'll get sprayed wif antibiotic soon and then will become a floral kitteh again.

We really hab a lot ob brinkle houndies here.  We clearly needed a good reminder!

Miss Nancy ob the Berg, I"m so glad that your friend seems to be getting ready to free herownself from that bad relationship. :kiss2 
Do you watch Grantchester on the PBS streaming site?  It's difficult 'cuz some episodes are available to eberyone and some are just available to people who donate to their PBS channel (you see a little blue "Passport" sign on those ones).  It can be bery frustrating.  Howeber, it's likely that as the season progresses, the older episodes will become free and not just for Passport peeps.

Miz Ducky you and Miss Alisha are troo angels for lost Aussie. :confetti

Aw, Widget is such a gentleman! 

We hab had a break is the unrelenting heat.  It's 68 right now (8:30 AM EDT) and blissful.  Ma's out soon to mow the grass.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Yea for Aussie being retrieved!  I can't read the article cuz there's something superimposed over the page but yea big time yea. 

Glacier is doing its wet and cold act for us the past couple days with intermittent downpours. We aren't in our beloved Birch-5 campsite this year but next door in Birch-3. Poor old Birch-5 evidently sits/sat right on top of the main campground waterline which had to be replaced.  Needless to say this did knot go well for Birch-5.  I am repeating to myownself "that was then this is now" and treasuring the memories of the 14 years past.  Trying to be an adult can be tricky sometimes.

The rhubarb one crust custard pie is different from anything I have had before and is wonderful.  Evidently being sure your chopped small rhubarb is still frozen is key to lsuccess.

Elizabeth I just put on the extra long cuffs reading fingerless gloves you knit for me and treasure them.  Reading in the camper is good but cold hands are not good.  

Edited to add:  Tinker don't bite your mother OR Auntie Ann. 

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

It is rainy rains as promised. There mite be a chance of Wiki walkie affer lunchy. I have not likliked my owie at all! Juss to be shore Mistress rapped it up before beddy lass nite. I got un-banditched this mornink and it looks great! I’m pritty shore I’m not gonna hafta be a flower like Tinker.

I don’t like that mat cause it’s noo and weird. You remember my predecessor Lila? She would lay on anything. Mistress would put down a blankie or towel or her jakkit and Lila would lay on it and stay there till Mistress said it was time to go. She was so good girlie, she got to go everywhere and visited lotsa friends and fambily’s houses. :wub: I don’t get to go anywheres cause I’m a bandit and would terrorize other peeple’s houses and prolly pee in em. :devil

Nutmeg, what a sweet pitcher of you! My Mistress wants to give you a beeg hug. Your earsies look like bat wings!

Miss Ducky, that was kwite an adventshure!

Miss Mam, I aktually laffed out loud at you calling Calli and idiot. :lol: Widge is gonna have fun being camp ponee.

I’m gonna be a pesto about Wiki walkie now.

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

1 hour ago, Patsy said:

Elizabeth I just put on the extra long cuffs reading fingerless gloves you knit for me and treasure them.  Reading in the camper is good but cold hands are not good.

Aw, that makes me very happy. snoopy.jpg

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

WOW, Ducky!  I am in tears reading Alisha's and Aussie's story.  That woman is truly amazing and unselfish.  I hope this rescue account is spread far and wide, and that she gets whatever she needs in life.  You share credit for Aussie being found---your dedication, tenacity and knowledge for getting the right people involved made the vital difference.  :beatheart  I'm so very glad that this precious dog is safe, and will soon back with her family.

Reading about this, I am feeling sad, though.  My good friend and client Tammy's cat, Peter, is missing.  He must have gotten out of the house somehow Thursday night (Tammy had been traveling for work, and returned then, maybe he snuck out when she was bringing luggage in).  He's only 1 year old, and has never been outside.  I've known and loved him literally since he was born.  My clients Jeff and Ferrante took in a pregnant stray cat last May, and she had 5 kittens that June.  I spent lots of time socializing the babies, and was thrilled when Tammy adopted him because I knew he would have a wonderful home.  We are all distraught and depressed.  She put up dozens of posters all over her crowded city neighborhood, with a great picture, offering a big reward.  Notices on lots of social media. They go out every evening and morning, and left food, water, and a T-shirt on their stoop---their ring camera showed 2 stray cats and a rat!  There have been no sightings. :weep Alisha's post was very informative, and I'm going to refer Tammy to it on FB.  I feel helpless, and keep trying to visualize him coming home.  He is so beautiful and sweet; it would be very possible that someone has found him and is keeping him.  I will keep praying.

More bad news---Trish is backsliding, and I'm baffled.  A rant about the whole situation would be too long and complicated and frustrating to read, but suffice to say that I feel like I have a good friend who was a raging alcoholic, and who is now falling off the wagon.  Everything I say, all my advice and insight, Trish agrees with, then he gaslights her into feeling guilty again for leaving him "at the worst time of his life."  As if this was a snap decision.  <_< His friend who was going to foster the dog reneged after Tony (that is his name) told him she might bolt and run away.  He doesn't want ANYONE to have her!  Doug keeps telling me not to get so emotionally involved, and I guess he is right.  But I feel like I will lose Trish, like I AM losing her.  I've lost friends before, and can't bear the thought of losing another one.

I'm so sorry I keep venting like this, though I need to get it out.  But maybe I also need to step back?  I just don't know.  I keep hoping she will listen and do what she needs to do.

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Miss Patsy is basking in the joys ob Glacier National Park! :yay  I'm so sorry the beloved, familiar campsite is not available.  Specific, familiar places can be like dear old friends. :grouphug 
Thank goodness Tinker is knot a biter.  He yells, struggles to get away as if his bitty life depended upon it, and holds a grudge for about fitteen minutes. :lol:

Poor Trish is fighting a difficult battle and Tony has had his hooks into her for a long time.  It is hard to untangle.  I'm so soo sorry you are habing to witness the struggle, Miss Nancy. :grouphug

Ma finished mowering the grass and I got to go out and patrol the freshly mown yard! :yay

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Thank you for compliments everyone.  I had reservations at first about Aussie going back to her owner. The group head had a "come to Jesus" moment with the family that went well, so I am satisfied with that.

O!C Nancy, I wear the Altra brand of shoes, recommended by my foot doctor. They have toe box that is square instead of pointy and my toes are much happier.

Berg Nancy, sadly you may never be able to get your friend to the right path. For my own sanity when I was overwhelmed by a friend's constant "help me" when that friend could truly do so themselves, I had to step back. Although it was freeing there is still some residual guilt.

Patsy, I'll post the text and photos about Aussie over in the Amber Alert thread later today.

I am anxiously awaiting more photos of Sadie and Cindy's Fizzy.

Tinker, you could look like a liddle flower if your mom would jazz up the pretty collar.

Flashy had her dental this morning. I just got the text that she did well and I can pick her up after 2pm.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hello my Friendlies!!

Partly cloudings this morning, but clearing off for the affernoon.  Same tamarrow, but Thirdsday we're gonna be in the 90s, and over a 100 Friedday, Satidday, and Sunnyday, and maybe Munderday!!!!  :yikes   We are NOT looking forward to that, plus also stoopid 4th of Julai.  <_<  

Miss Wiki, we're glad your leggie is doing more betterer!!  I do NOT like to lay on weerd thingies eether!!!  All my blankies gotta be FLAT and STRAIT, and I won't lay on anything lumpy or bumpy or that smells weerd or feels weerd.  No how, no way!!!  :shakefinger  I'd rather be hawt, I think.

Mister Nate, I think your kitteh is being remarkably calm about having that collar thing on!!!  :eek  

Mam, we hope your foot gets to feeling more betterer sooner rather than later.  It looks really ouchie, I bet!!  Mister Widget Ponee is being a good horse with the little kidlets!!  :yay  

Miss Patsy, we're sorry you couldn't get your favorite camping spot, but sometimes things work out for the bestest.  You get to do readings in the middle of the forest, which is probly a really nice way to read.  If I could read.  I gess.  :dunno  

Miss Ducky we were so glad that houndie gotted founded!!!  :confetti  Now take a break whilst you can!!  :nod  

Miss Jenn we furgotted to :kiss2 for you taking care of your madre again.  :kiss2  

Miss Nancy, it *is* like your friendly is addikted to this bad dood.  And we all know that nobody can even start to get off an addikshun until they reach bottom and choose to.  It's really hard for the friendlies of addikted folks, no matter what they are in to, but keeping the lines of communikatings open while being detached enuff emoshunally can be really hard.  We assoom you've offered already to, like, go with her to groops or to therapies, and maybe even had a real discushun with her about what she feels this dood is adding to her life.  :grad  You are a good and kind persin, who doesn't like to see her friendlies get tooken advantage of.  :kiss2 

Momma has started watering other parts of the yard in antisipayshun of that terrible hawts coming up.  Our wader bill is gonna be insane!!!  :rolleyes:  Probly everything in the garden is gonna get d-e-d essept the little cornings!!  :rolleyes:   And it's put out the garbige day!!

Wishings for a tactfull Toozday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:wave

It rained yesterday.  In the afternoon, I checked the rain gauge.  It rained 5"!!  Wow.  It might rain again tonight, and again tomorrow, and again on the Fourth.  We will be floating south by then!

I'm so glad that Aussie Houndie was found and is okay.  

Miss Patsy, I hope you're enjoying your new camping spot and your book.  

I think it's time for lunch!  It's hot (93 degrees) and humid (73 degree dew point) but I hear a pizza calling me to come get it.  :chow

Miss Noo Carol

Hi Ebberybuddy.... 

Yes, Andi, ma brudder Sammy iz a brindle...he habz no wite markings...but reel prittee stripes!  He iz a beeg houndie.  Daddy calls him owr ScOOOby DOO.

Daddy duz like da variashun in jobs on race days.  An now, in da morning he iz in charge ub da "books" weer dey keep track ub ebbery horsee dat comes up, how mennny times dey habz been to da gate an iff dey habz juss stood or run owt or run owt wif da bell an how gud dey wur at it so dat da offishal starter DOOde can deeside if da horsee gets a "gate card" so he can race.  So he gets a nice variety!

• Like 2

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Flashy is home from her dental. She's still a bit woozy and stood up for the whole 40 minute drive home. Had a nice long pee in the backyard and is finally snoozing in the living room.

She had one extraction, but the vet said the upper back molar practically fell into her hand. No sign of infection. A discolored upper canine is likely from long ago antibiotics, plusalso minor damage to the root. However, it is still solid and there was no need for it to come out.

Now I can relax..... :colgate

• Like 6

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

One more time!  Venting 'R Us!!!  It's one of the important functions of The Club. Helps keep us all sane and as far as I know no one has become an axe murderer yet (tho Madre may yet send Jenn on that path--in which case we will all alibi her every which way from Sunday). 

Edited by Patsy
  • Haha 6

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Gud NOOwze fur Flashy!!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

:yay  Flashy

Sorry some of you are having too HotHotHot weather.    Sure hope it doesn't head this way.

We're expecting rain by tomorrow afternoon.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Oh me gudniss! I misst O Canada Day, and da gud nooze ob houndie Aussie being founded ( :yay ), and Charlie and Zorro's beeg moob, and Jen's madre going to da ER, and Tinker imprizuned in a PEENK poofy ball ob doom ( :rofl ) , KNOT to menshun a beeg faux toe ob Punkin and her snag toofer :wub: , plusalso I misst all sorts ob udder finks, butt possibly most impotently, I misst da arrival ob Sadie!! KIA ORA Sadie! Me and Mummy been followink yoor arribal on GPA-MA's instagranny page! So imagine our deelite when we discubbered dat she mite be a noo fren! :gmark ) We're bery, bery sorry dat yoo had to leef Middle Erff and come heer, and I bet it woz a terribly long jurney (mummy says she's done it and she neerly had a clostromophobic meltdown on da way dare!!) butt yooreyheer now, yay!

As the comedian Lewis Black put it, "They say that New Zealand is beautiful, and I do not know. Because after twenty-two hours on a plane, any land mass would be beautiful." :lol: 

Gudniss, poopie Nutmeg! Wot a KEWTIE :beatheart 

Miss Ducky :kiss2 :clap ca1a20_a431780d915b4f9da609898f98df068b~ fur wot yoo do! Mummy found yur postie bery mooving. Also, she says she hopes yoo get back to riting again. 

Miss Nancy ob da Berg, yur fren is going froo a lot and mummy says dat gas litink can be very effektiff. Juss be dare fur her, ready to poosh if needed, butt also realising dat she hasta make herown decisions. It's a tuff sichooashin. We're finkin ob yoo and yur fren. 

On 6/30/2024 at 5:16 PM, Jerilyn said:

tazt0I9l.jpg

Don 't do dis to me, Wiki ca1a20_4dd6a924948c45d885ebd61a07de3d1c~ Don't do dis to me mummy, eevah. She's all  :wub:  and ca1a20_b2342b35528f4efb82b9d15a3ac19084~ It's pretty :sick . 

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Nutmeg young  or old you are a prettydog.

FLashy glad your dental is behind you & you are home.

Miss New Carol on our news tonight the weather peeps were saying you are in for a rough patch of bad weather, stay safe.

Charlie did you & Zorro do a snoose on your deck today ?

We had another nice day & I got a sun bath

Bitzi ready for lights out.

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Miss Flashy!!!  :confetti  Did we know you was gonna have a dentill???  We wouldda baknforthed for sure!!

Hey!!  Today's Toozday!  Isn't that the day Miss Cindy said they'd know whether Fizzy was staying or not??

And we gotta have a pulsate on Sadie from Miss Halise!!

And a new home review from Mister Charlie and Miss Zorro!!

Miss Kerry are you finally feeling more betterer??  Inkwiring houndie minds wanna know!!  :nod

Oh yeah.  We - and Miss Jenn and Antie Jennie - are gonna have one of them "heat domes" sitting over us this weekend, but then it's gonna move all the way acrosst the country to everybody else.  :(

It was just in the mid 70s today so we got in some digging and sunbaffing and loor pole playing and then we layer on the dekk for a while to cool off.  Momma filled up the birds feeders in case any little birdies wanna try and get some easy foods during the hawts.  And we'll keep the baffs filled up as best we can too.

Later Gaters!!

AP - not too hawt yet houndie  :D

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Uh oh.   Momma says I am going to the tortunarian tomorrow to habs something called an ultrasound. :unsure   That sounds skeery!  She says they will be rubbing something around my neck to see what’s going on wif the bulgy thing there.  The vet thinks it’s just something called a salivary mucocele ( momma helped me spell that) but she wants to be sure nothing else is hiding there.   :unsure   Plusalso I can’t eat any brekkie! :ohno Then she said they will probably schedule me for surghurry later this month! :eek I do knot like this one bit!!!!  :sbox  Someone come save me! :o

Ivy, damsel in distress 

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

I don’t get to go anywheres cause I’m a bandit and would terrorize other peeple’s houses and prolly pee in em.     Oh, Wiki :shakefinger

YAY for Alisha and Aussie :yay

Awww, Miss Nancy, I'm sorry your friend is being difficult :grouphug

:clap Flashy!

As the comedian Lewis Black put it, "They say that New Zealand is beautiful, and I do not know. Because after twenty-two hours on a plane, any land mass would be beautiful."      :lol

Ah, yes, the Dreaded Dome of Heat. Right now I have windows open, the whole house fan running, and our home is a PERFECT 71 degrees filled with breezes. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I simply dread the thought that Dr Steve might insist on AC if it gets hotter :weep

Oh, Ivy! On NOZE!

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

it was 104° here today. Argh. :angryfire We do not have AC. We *do* have a huge box fan and a spray bottle. Should be in the mid 90s by Friday and for the next week. Gross. 

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

We're sposed to get to 105 degrees on Satidday.  :weep

Miss Halise, is Miss Sadie staying with you now or is she still at her fosser???

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

:coffee Good morning!

I will knot be able to tic tic much today but I will when I get home from the tortunarian later today. :unsure   Wish me luck!

Ivy 

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.