Willa has osteo [Update: amp 8/1]

Glad to hear everything went well. Back to baknforfing.

Doolin's concern--> :rofl 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doolin omg….can you show at least an ounce of concern? 

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Doolin omg….can you show at least an ounce of concern?

Hey - give him a break!  He was so anxious he crashed from exhaustion.  ;) 

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Excellent baknforfing, everybody! They just called and said they're super happy with how she is doing: she's able to get herself up and hopping around for pottying (unlike Sweep at this point). They said she seemed a little uncomfortable last night so they upped her pain meds and she's much better this morning. And of course she didn't eat for them—we've BTDT. We will pick her up in 4 hours!

Thank you for being on this ride with us again. :bighug

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Go Willa! :yay  

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So glad to hear this positive report!  I know you can't wait to get your girl home.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Willa :yay I'm so pleased to hear that her surgery went well and I literally started crying when I read that she is better after her first night and that you can pick her up today. So so relieved. :weep :heart 

I'm sorry I wasn't backandforfing yesterday, what with the drive to pick up nooboi.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Doolin has tried out all the leakproofed beds and offered his feedback. He's also helping keep things sanitary by licking his DooBits on them. :rolleyes: I've picked up various deli meats, chicken breasts, ground beef, baby food, and coconut water, all of which I'm sure he'll be glad to sample. This is going to be interesting with a second dog around.

53088881211_41ce784e93.jpg

13 minutes ago, MerlinsMum said:

Willa :yay I'm so pleased to hear that her surgery went well and I literally started crying when I read that she is better after her first night and that you can pick her up today. So so relieved. :weep :heart 

I'm sorry I wasn't backandforfing yesterday, what with the drive to pick up nooboi.

That's a perfect excuse for not baknforfing! Like I said in Da Club, waiting for the news about him was the best distraction I could have asked for. I'm so happy for you two!

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

2 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

Excellent baknforfing, everybody! They just called and said they're super happy with how she is doing: she's able to get herself up and hopping around for pottying (unlike Sweep at this point). They said she seemed a little uncomfortable last night so they upped her pain meds and she's much better this morning. And of course she didn't eat for them—we've BTDT. We will pick her up in 4 hours!

Thank you for being on this ride with us again. :bighug

Yah!

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

This is awesome news to find first thing in the morning (well, first thing here anyway - I'm usually up by the crack of 10.) 

Ifyou haven't tried it, you might want a few cans of magic chicken on hand. The hounds here have never turned it down, and will eat this when nothing else is satisfactory. I actually keep a case on hand and use it when we need a bland meal for tummy issues.  Evanger's Organic Chicken

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

We're home! She is snoozing after her Wendy's cheeseburger and some Boar's Head turkey and a boatload of water. Hallelujah, maybe no food battles this time! :hope She's pretty shaky on that single front leg (understandably) but doing well overall, and hopefully with some food in her she'll be stronger. Doolin finally seemed maybe a little concerned but nothing a bit of cheeseburger couldn't fix. :thumbs-up 

22 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

We're home! She is snoozing after her Wendy's cheeseburger and some Boar's Head turkey and a boatload of water. Hallelujah, maybe no food battles this time! :hope She's pretty shaky on that single front leg (understandably) but doing well overall, and hopefully with some food in her she'll be stronger. Doolin finally seemed maybe a little concerned but nothing a bit of cheeseburger couldn't fix. :thumbs-up 

Anytime our hounds have had anesthesia I've always said that drinking water  is the best sign that they are doing well, even more so than eating. Sounds like Willa is bouncing back nicely. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

She is amazing. Sprung from the clinic riteawayqwik, enjoying a cheezberger and drinking a boatload of water at home in the company of her brother. This made my day. :confetti

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.