Willa has osteo [Update: amp 8/1]

No spread = awesome news! Also, many more opportunities for cheezebergers plane. :chow 

Edited to fix spelling of cheezebergers. I'll get it correctly incorrect yet. :P 

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/15/2023 at 4:26 PM, ramonaghan said:

I do too! But we'll have to go back to the harness soon—the leash bounces all over now that she has a kangaroo gait and it must be very annoying to her so close to her face. Until now it hasn't mattered much since we had to restrict her activity, but just now she walked a HALF-MILE. Exactly two weeks after amp. :star

Dang girl. You champ. Love that half mile for all of you. And she can still wear the collar while you use a harness…we all know the importance of accessorizing those sleek necks. 

14 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

Biopsy confirmed osteo. No lymphatic or blood vessel involvement. Onward.

What type of osteo and what was the mitotic count? 

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

First chemo was yesterday and she seems fine. Ate her post-chemo burger (shared with her brother), dinner, and breakfast enthusiastically. Phew!

On 8/18/2023 at 4:08 AM, gracegirl said:

What type of osteo and what was the mitotic count? 

"Poorly productive" (no subtype specified) and high mitotic count: 50. :( Dr. C says “Poorly productive” means that the tumor cells are not making osteoid (bone); the mitotic count of 6 is per field, and 50 is per 10 fields (so basically the same). In some studies high MC is a poor prognosis for dogs, but I am not aware of any info in Greyhounds."

Edited by ramonaghan

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

:yay Willa, doin' it rite, kicking butt and taking names later. Phew!!

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

All of this is awesome news.  Congratulations to you and Willa!!!  :yay  

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Glad she seems to be doing well with the chemo!  And eating.  I've heard that it doesn't affect dogs like it does humans, with extreme nausea.  Is that right?

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

6 minutes ago, queenwinniesmom said:

Glad she seems to be doing well with the chemo!  And eating.  I've heard that it doesn't affect dogs like it does humans, with extreme nausea.  Is that right?

That's been our experience with Carboplatin (the osteo chemo drug) for both Sweep and Willa—no side effects at all. But Doxorubicin, which is used for many types of cancer, made Sweep feel pretty punk for a few days after (she won the crappy two-cancer lottery so she had 3 rounds of each drug). Giving her injectable Cerenia at the same time helped prevent the nausea and appetite loss. I am glad we don't have to use that one with Willa.

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

We are hoping to visit frends who live outside of Nashville sometime in the coming year, most likely next Spring. When we do, we are going to be greystalking Willa, Doolin and their peeps. We can't be so close to Nashville without meeting these rock stars of the GreyTalk world. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

4 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

We are hoping to visit frends who live outside of Nashville sometime in the coming year, most likely next Spring. When we do, we are going to be greystalking Willa, Doolin and their peeps. We can't be so close to Nashville without meeting these rock stars of the GreyTalk world. 

Party! :pepper:bounce2:banana