Willa has osteo [Update: amp 8/1]

I'm so very sorry you are going through this.  It's an agonizing time, when all you can think about is what you're going to do.  And her being so young....Please know that you are in the hearts of so many as you struggle through this most difficult time, now and whatever you decide. 

It's pretty raw with me right now, but I sure hate that @%^*# monster disease in whatever form it takes.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, queenwinniesmom said:

I'm so very sorry you are going through this.  It's an agonizing time, when all you can think about is what you're going to do.  And her being so young....Please know that you are in the hearts of so many as you struggle through this most difficult time, now and whatever you decide. 

It's pretty raw with me right now, but I sure hate that @%^*# monster disease in whatever form it takes.

I know you're still very much in the midst of your own deep grief and I so appreciate your kind words. Thank you. :heart 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I am gutted for you.  I also understand only too well how capricious the Universe has been lately.  Sending you all the good vibes I have.  

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

28 minutes ago, dante2zoe said:

I am gutted for you.  I also understand only too well how capricious the Universe has been lately.  Sending you all the good vibes I have.  

Cindy

Thank you, Cindy. I know you've been through the wringer this year. I'm so, so sorry for all the loss and difficulty you've faced. You've been in my thoughts.

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

I have been so shocked and saddened for you and John and the sibs and really haven't been able to articulate much, but you know that my heart and prayers and every possible positive vibe are with you. :grouphug

Willa :kiss2

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thanks again, everyone. We see the oncologist next Tuesday. The tech who called to schedule us was one of Sweep's regulars and was so nice and sympathetic; she said her heart sank when she saw our name. Richard has a surgery consult (second opinion on operability) tomorrow at the same clinic. Alas, no frequent flyer discounts, but thankfully we have insurance for Willa. I'll update when I know more.

Edited by ramonaghan

Just wanted to send some more hugs.

Good luck on Tuesday. :( :grouphug  So glad you have insurance for Willa. 

:heart 

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Milo and Gelsey have told me they'll need extra rations to give them strength for moral support backandforthing.  They plan to start first thing tomorrow morning (Monday).  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Thinking of you today. I hope the appointment goes well and you get all the answers you need to make an informed decision for Willa. 

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

:nod Baknforfing :goodluck

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thank you for baknforfing! We had our onco consult this morning but I didn't update here yet because I'm still waiting for the surgeon to call. (They went ahead with a surgical consult, but he had to squeeze her in so we didn't get to speak face-to-face.) Great news: her bloodwork was perfect. Weird news: her lungs look like an older dog's—no mets, but they have a "diffuse bronchial pattern." This is not a dealbreaker for amp especially in the absence of any symptoms, and it could be something as simple as allergies or just how she is, but it's unusual so they will be watching it. I emailed Dr. C to ask about it. Other great news: we are on the waitlist for the Yale vaccine clinical trial in Cincinnati (4 hours away), so we will do that as soon as they have an opening. Fortunately, there are only about 10 people ahead of us. Sticky news: she gave the tech kisses. :beatheart 

Assuming the surgeon gives the all-clear, looks like we'll have another tripod in the house soon. Which is stressful and overwhelming but feels right. This was this morning (please forgive John's giant sigh :lol, can you blame him?):

Richard update: Our primary vet and the board-certified surgeon who also saw Willa agree that his tumor is in too tough a spot to hope for clean margins, and even if we amputated his leg the tumor would come right back. So we are watching and waiting with him, but he is doing remarkably well despite a very pronounced limp. Eating, snuggling, playing, harassing Tootie. He has always been full of beans. The second he's not himself, we'll let him go. 

Edited by ramonaghan

How awesome for Willa! We are looking forward to years of her antics here. 

I'm sorry about Richard's news, but it sounds like he is a spunky boy still living a quality life, and sometimes that's all we can ask for. We will be thinking about you guys and following along on this journey. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Willa Waggles :kiss2 

Richard, doin it rite, good boy. 

:grouphug

Fingers crossed for Willa. Richard too. Their paths may be different but I hope they both have as much good time left as possible.

ETA: Watched the video after my comment. I love the whippy tail while the toy grunts. :lol: 

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I was backnforfing yesterday but was crazy busy and didn't get home until 10PM. So glad to read that things look good for surgery. Fingers crossed. 

Thinking of Richard and hoping he continues to do well and be himself for as long as possible. :goodluck :heart 

Willa's waggy tail! image.gif.94385255f3c18a81753bcc97e372b528.gif :beatheart 

Sending love and strength for the days ahead. :heart 

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Amp next Tuesday. :yikes  Three weeks shy of her auntie's two-year ampuversary.

And Dr. C said her lungs don't look any different than any other dog's her age. We'll take it.

<Exhales>

You've got this!! 

Oh, the sweet girl.  Yep, she's got this, she's telling you so. :beatheart  You've got this too.  We'll be sending good thoughts and white light and will be backanforfing for Willa and Richard.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown