Do KNOT Interrupt My After Dinner Nap

Mark thought it would be a good idea to lay in the hot Phoenix sun after dinner last night.  He listens so well...:lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:P

Our black Spanish boy Kibo also loves the hot sun …but he also hates any sort of bugs, so his roasting times are usually quite short. 

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I love how he sit up then flops back over. KNOT done yet Dad! 

Mark, another won who ain't rite :rofl 

Try yelling "Biscuit!" or "French Fry" :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:lol

You're so patient and kind with him. After calling Wiki three times with no response I'm, "fine, stay out there until you catch on fire". 

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Both our black dogs have been "bakers" too!!  Sometimes Dude's fur would be so hot I could barely touch him!!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

This boy operates in his own little world. I absolutely love him and love the fact that he doesn't give a crap about anything except food. He has also found his voice and talks all the time. He is a fierce protector of his people and his sister. He is ready to take on anything and everything outside at night when he hears a noise or doesn't like the loud cars street racing in the distance. 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

11 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Mark, another won who ain't rite :rofl

Grace is up there with the ain't rite awards. Like Mark she too likes to lay on the lawn but she's not bothered if it's warm,sunny and dry or cloudy, cool and wet. Even the word biscuit won't bring her in. She'll raise her head and expect it to be brought to her unless she thinks Guinness might be getting one and she's going to miss out then she'll come running in :D

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

• 2 weeks later...

Clearly it's too hot to move. :lol: 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

On 6/7/2022 at 10:21 AM, zimsmom said:

Is that some type of fake grass?  Astro turf?

Yes.  No idea what brand or anyhting. It was here when we moved in and has survived 20 plus years in the Arizona sun. It is hot when the sun is on it.  My laser thermometer normally reads it at about 172 degrees F on a sunny summer afternoon.  There are sometypes of astroturf that melt in the sun here, so you have to make sure to buy decent turf.  There is some newer stuff that stays cooler, but it;s not worth the money as it is still too hot for the dog to go out regardless. We get a turnout done by about 11 AM and then they typically don't need to go out again until the sun is moving away from the back yard after dinner. 

15 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Yes.  No idea what brand or anyhting. It was here when we moved in and has survived 20 plus years in the Arizona sun. It is hot when the sun is on it.  My laser thermometer normally reads it at about 172 degrees F on a sunny summer afternoon.  There are sometypes of astroturf that melt in the sun here, so you have to make sure to buy decent turf.  There is some newer stuff that stays cooler, but it;s not worth the money as it is still too hot for the dog to go out regardless. We get a turnout done by about 11 AM and then they typically don't need to go out again until the sun is moving away from the back yard after dinner. 

:eek :eek :eek 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

3 hours ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

:eek :eek :eek 

Just to clarify, it hits that temperature range when we have temperatures like we have now. We are currently in the 110-115 degree range every afternoon. It can be in the 140's on more average days when the air temps are closer to the 100 level. Either way, it's too hot for the dogs to lay on in the afternoon. We do have a shade we can put up if we have a dog that needs to go out more often, but these two typically do not go out all afternoon. They are very experienced Arizona dogs. :lol