Introducing Lavida

Time4ANap

We currently have a "foster."  We received a call a little over a week ago about a 9 year old girl in need of a home after her owner passed away and asked if we could foster her for a few days. Lavida arrived the next morning, decked out in her finest bling and a pretty collar.  She and Mark are getting along well. Although there is no record of her being a broodie, she has a lot of broodie tendencies and is kind of bossy. Mark was used to this from his sister, Diva, and has just kind of rolled with it.  Lavida is a very happy girl and loves walks. And yes - we have both accidentally called her "Petunia" a few times. There is quite a resemblance. :lol

"Foster"  

nS9OyUE.jpg

lntMOk3.jpg

20S9jUC.jpg

K80DVbD.jpg

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

She is beautiful!  Both from overview and underview.  I was just thinking it had been a while since we'd seen a post from you -- should have known something was up.  Congreytulations!  

My first grey, Eve, was not a broodie but she ruled the household with a velvet paw.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Too bad your "foster" is having so much trouble settling in. :lol

Congratulations and welcome to Lavida Loca. :colgate 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

It's always amazing to me how these dogs just adapt and settle in.  Congratulations on the new "foster".  Also, a very unique name.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:yay Lavida has a new zip code!

:bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Well done Lavida. Just get them to sign the adoption papers and stop with the foster pretence :D

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

18 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

(It seems like everyone here thinks you’re going to fail, but really, there are worse things to be bad at!)

So true!

Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I read her name as "Ladiva" in the post title :lol, but even if she's not La Diva it looks like she's fitting in. :wub:  Glad to hear Mark is rolling with it too!

Edited by Kestrel

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

2 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Is Lavida LaDiva living la vida loca?  We need updates!  

She's doing well and has settled in just like she's always been here.  I would swear that she must be a broodie because she does "broodie things" all day long.  There is no record of her being a broodie, so I think she must have spent a lot of time hanging out with the broodies at the farm before she went to her previous human. She learned those things somewhere. She is happy and bossy. 

Mark, being the gentleman that he always has been lets her get away with everything she tries. He just just kind of looks at her and shrugs off when she steals a treat from him or when she tries to finish his bowl of food. He was that way with Diva also, but he and Diva were together for 7 years. I'm really surprised that he let Lavida come in and kind of take over. They even walk perfectly together. 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Awesome update. :)

You need to update your signature, because Lavida/La Diva is clearly no longer a foster--you won't crush Mark by sending her away.

19 hours ago, GreyPoopon said:

Awesome update. :)

You need to update your signature, because Lavida/La Diva is clearly no longer a foster--you won't crush Mark by sending her away.

I don't add them until we get the paperwork completed now.  Just want things to be completely official before I add them to the signature. (But she isn't going anywhere.  What dog that you dropped off here in January? :lol)

4 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

What dog that you dropped off here in January? :lol)

:rofl 

I understand why you won't add a dog until the paperwork is complete. I did once. I still don't have the paperwork for that dog. But I brought her across the border and she's been here for over 3 1/2 years, so I doubt the agency is expecting her back. :lol 

Congratulations….I had a feeling she found her forever home when I read your first post :wub:

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm sorry I missed this until now.  Congratulations!!

We picked our first greyhound.  The next 5 dogs that ended up at our house permanently were picked by the foster coordinator!  :lol Whiskey/Lilly were the next ones we picked out 8 years later!!

Libby - first greyhound

Jack - successful medical foster!!!  :yay

Voodoo - foster fail

Copper - foster fail

Cash - foster fail

Toni - foster fail

Dorie - foster fail

Hopper - successful medical foster!!!!  :yay

Whiskey, Lilly, Felicity, Atom, Andi - we picked out all of them!  :lol;)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly