Once A Broodie - Always A Broodie

Petunia and I went for a walk yesterday and ran into several neighbors along the way.  One of the neighbors has an Aussie who was only a few weeks old the first time she and Petunia met, and Petunia was instantly in love with the puppy.  Fast forward to yesterday and Petunia hasn't seen Tia (the Aussie) all summer because of the desert summer heat and the fact that neither of us handle the heat well.  Tia is much bigger now but is also all puppy and not very well behaved.  I'm still not sure what happened, but TIa did something that Petunia didn't like.  Petunia took one step forward and shot a look to Tia that must have sent a message, because Tia immediately sat and didn't move.  Petunia essentially corrected the puppy behavior.  I busted out laughing as did Tia's owner.  Tia's owner asked if Petunia could come over every day because that's the first time in over a year that she has listened or followed directions. :lol

The Broodie still has it! :rotfl

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

4 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

:rofl :rules 

Didn;t have the phone with me.  Next time for :digicam

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

3 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Didn;t have the phone with me.  Next time for :digicam

Understood. But surely there are Kate & P2 pics for us? :wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Broodies are amazing!

Go Petunia!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

43 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Understood. But surely there are Kate & P2 pics for us? :wub:

Sure, but how many pictures of dogs sleeping can you take? :lol

Petunia - you are my hero. Can you can come over here and look at next door's St. Bernhard pup? 😉

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

:rotfl

I'm the lucky person who pre-adopted MoMo Meany Pants (FTH Chyna Moon), who was an absolute darling but apparently earned her puppy name.  One of my favorite sets of puppy pics of Mo started with one photo of baby MoMo, barreling toward her relaxing Auntie Rosemary--not a broody herself but a Greyhound who had helped raise several litters of pups.  The next photo was of MoMo, sitting in front of Rosemary with a chastened look on her face.  Apparently not all broodies have actually birthed a litter. :lol 

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Petunia, you are my hero!  :bounce1  I can just picture Tia going all :huh2

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Tia's owner asked if Petunia could come over every day because that's the first time in over a year that she has listened or followed directions.

:lol   I'm just imagining Petunia's pups all docilely following her in line.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

29 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

:lol   I'm just imagining Petunia's pups all docilely following her in line.  

DW says that Petunia was the type of mother who knew where each pup was every minute of the day and let them have it if they got the least little bit out of line, and Kate was the one who never took the curlers out of her hair and sent the pups to the corner store for more whiskey and cigarettes. 

:lol  :lol  :lol  

It would probably be good for both of them to walk together several times a week. ;)   On a related note, our next door neighbors just got a 12 week old golden-irish setter mix, and Lilly is *obsessed* with little River.  It always amazes me when dogs that are so big (like Lilly) are the best at dealing with puppies.  

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Kate! :rofl

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Thanks for sharing that! I love hearing broodie stories as they confirm that mine were normal and not anomolies because they are so wonderfully a broodie.  Both of my broodies Aggie Desperado & Momma Seabird were like Petunia in spades.  In fact one day I brought home a ~17 month old working Belgian Malinois aka Maligator(the police & military dogs) who is to this day a dominant female.  ONE TIME she crossed Momma Seabird and Momma Sea kind of stopped and swelled up and let out a very meaningful growl that caused the maligator to just leave straight a way hehe :whiteflag:rofl.  The Malinois, who would not hesitate to go after another dog threatening her status, always gave Momma plenty of respect and a wide bearth and there was never a cross word between them after that! It used to be so funny to see a dominant female Maligator defer to a very elderly broodie but as us broodie owners have learned broodies are not to be messed with. :beatheart

momma2011small.jpg