Porch Pooch

We finished a screened-in porch addition a couple of months ago, right as the heat and humidity set in. This week Her Highness has finally deemed it cool enough to join us out there. Look at that smile!

50192272601_fed5ef4976_z.jpg

Bonus pic with Momo the Guard Cat.

50191745533_529ea00e0e_z.jpg

Edited by ramonaghan
kitties are important too

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Thanks! Cushions came from Etsy, where I have been spending far too much time and money these days. I have wanted a porch since we moved in six years ago and never in a million years would have imagined it would be built during a pandemic, but that's how the timing worked out (we first inquired in November, having no clue what was ahead). Fortunately, outdoor construction projects lend themselves to social distancing. The humans and animals alike are happy to have a mosquito-free zone this summer and Momo especially has been a very enthusiastic bird watcher.

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

Sweep: I waited six years for this :lol:

MoMo guard kitteh haha!

Beautiful!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What a great--and lovely--setup to enjoy (bearable) summer days. :colgate 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

It only took 3 layers of bedding to get her out there! :lol

Looking beautiful as always, Sweep! :wub:

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

6 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

It only took 3 layers of bedding to get her out there! :lol

Well, I'm not a monster! :rofl 

:beatheart Sweep!!  :beatheart

We finally put a gate across our deck opening to the yard and got a walk through screen for the door.  Now we can usually find at least one outside lounging in the nice weather.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Nice!

Friends of mine have a wonderful screened deck like that love it.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

That's really lovely.  What a great place to relax bug free!   Sweep looks lovely lounging on her throne. :bow2

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

33 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Any trouble getting her up on the raised bed?  

Not so far (knock on wood). 

On 8/5/2020 at 6:36 PM, ramonaghan said:

Well, I'm not a monster! :rofl 

You made her wait six years for the porch though! :lol  It looks lovely, and she looks like she's enjoying it thoroughly!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

19 minutes ago, Kestrel said:

You made her wait six years for the porch though! :lol  It looks lovely, and she looks like she's enjoying it thoroughly!

Ha, good point! Please don't report me to the adoption group. :ph34r

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, smt said:

Wow, Rach, your screened in porch looks AH-MAY-ZEEN.  Ya'll are the best pet parents ever to have that built for the babies.

Where'd you get the outdoor furniture?  Those MCM legs are the bomb.

Thanks! Funny story about the furniture. I bought it way, way discounted online from Pier 1 back in February, right around the time they filed for Chapter 11, and dragged my husband to Kentucky in a borrowed truck to pick it up. Even though I hadn't sat on it. Even though porch construction hadn't started and I had no idea when it would. (What can I say, I love a good deal.) So it sat in boxes in our dining area for the next three months and now here we are! Thankfully it's really comfortable.

28 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

Thanks! Funny story about the furniture. I bought it way, way discounted online from Pier 1 back in February, right around the time they filed for Chapter 11, and dragged my husband to Kentucky in a borrowed truck to pick it up. Even though I hadn't sat on it. Even though porch construction hadn't started and I had no idea when it would. (What can I say, I love a good deal.) So it sat in boxes in our dining area for the next three months and now here we are! Thankfully it's really comfortable.

We are in the market for patio furniture, and I really like the look of yours, though it seems like I will be SOL when searching for it.  We are looking at this set at the moment.  I like this company because the cushions and covers can easily be replaced.  Fingers crossed that they are not one of the many companies that are going belly up because of f****n Covid.

beautiful-ohana-outdoor-patio-wicker-fur

36 minutes ago, smt said:

We are in the market for patio furniture, and I really like the look of yours, though it seems like I will be SOL when searching for it.  We are looking at this set at the moment.  I like this company because the cushions and covers can easily be replaced.  Fingers crossed that they are not one of the many companies that are going belly up because of f****n Covid.

beautiful-ohana-outdoor-patio-wicker-fur

You never know--Pier 1 is still open in Cool Springs, Mt. Juliet, and M'boro with everything marked down. If you want to call them, ours is the Bari sectional and ottoman. Patio furniture's a frustrating thing to shop for online, especially when sites like Wayfair, Overstock, etc., charge huge return shipping fees if something doesn't work out. I like the set you're considering though!