You Don't Always Get What You Want...

GreytNut

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They seem to be settling right in. Q's separation anxiety is improving. He also LOVES snow.

Penguin shocked me in that I don't think he looks very plump in photos either. But when I saw him in person he looked a bit like a Labrador retriever with a greyhound head grafted on. It's OK. He's already losing weight. DH chases him around the yard, which is what I did with Tiny. This gets Q going and he joins in the fun playing the "Catch the Penguin" game. Penguin enjoys having so much attention but after just a few seconds he's huffing and puffing and you can almost hear him saying, "OK, that's enough, guys. Really, that's enough."

Q solved a dilemma he had, which was how to join me on the couch when he can't relax without his stuffie "babies."

He gets a baby, puts in on my lap for safekeeping and goes back for the other one. He plops it into my lap as well. Then he hops up and reaches over to retrieve his babies. I am flattered that he trusts me to hold his babies for him.

Penguin doesn't get up on the couch. He lies close by, just chilling and watching me with those giant peepers. Not sure if he physically cannot climb up or if it's just not something he does. But he seems content just to be close.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

They seem to be settling right in. Q's separation anxiety is improving. He also LOVES snow.

Penguin shocked me in that I don't think he looks very plump in photos either. But when I saw him in person he looked a bit like a Labrador retriever with a greyhound head grafted on. It's OK. He's already losing weight. DH chases him around the yard, which is what I did with Tiny. This gets Q going and he joins in the fun playing the "Catch the Penguin" game. Penguin enjoys having so much attention but after just a few seconds he's huffing and puffing and you can almost hear him saying, "OK, that's enough, guys. Really, that's enough."

Q solved a dilemma he had, which was how to join me on the couch when he can't relax without his stuffie "babies."

He gets a baby, puts in on my lap for safekeeping and goes back for the other one. He plops it into my lap as well. Then he hops up and reaches over to retrieve his babies. I am flattered that he trusts me to hold his babies for him.

Penguin doesn't get up on the couch. He lies close by, just chilling and watching me with those giant peepers. Not sure if he physically cannot climb up or if it's just not something he does. But he seems content just to be close.

We need video!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Congratulations!

I have to say that I consider 7 to be quite young. :lol

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What do they think of your fish tanks? Ya know penguins and fishies.... :P

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I keep thinking of Ps and Qs too. :lol

We have fleas! :yikes

Dog fleas aren't normally a thing in South Dakota. It gets way below zero in the winter and they can't survive it. My guess is that they either came from TN (where their family had moved to) with fleas or they picked them up in the greyhound hauler the group hired to retrieve them along with a group of dogs from WV.

I only noticed them because I saw one dart through Penguin's white hair while petting him. Then another. That prompted a quick application of Frontline to both boys. We don't need fleas in the house, on them and the cats or on highly allergic me. I have a single flea bite on my foot and it's the size of an Eggo waffle.

Kristen with

68sgSRq.jpg

I will give it the old college try catching Q on video rounding up his babies because it's adorable. He doesn't do it... well, on cue *groan*. The very first time he did it I was asleep and DH told me what had happened.

We have dead fleas. Victory!

Penguin and Q both were entranced by the fish at first but quickly got used to them. Every so often something exciting happens in a tank and they tune in to watch the action. They seem to regard the fish as curiosities but don't show any signs of wanting to turn them into sushi. We have a few very aggressive and toothy specimens who would quickly dissuade them if they were unlucky enough to somehow get their noses into the tank. No one wants an Arowana or a Red Devil attached to his face.

Kristen with

68sgSRq.jpg

This is really wonderful news. Except for the fleas, but it sounds like that is under control. Yes, that family's loss is your gain, and they are very lucky boys. They found an awesome family AND they get to stay together.

Congratulations to everyone.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Congrats! That is awesome.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

They are really relaxing. It's like they've lived here forever and own the place.

Penguin just plops his butt wherever he is most in the way. :lol He has trouble understanding the concept of moving out of the way to avoid accidents, mayhem and toppling humans too. He doesn't know which direction to go so he stands there frozen like a deer in the headlights until you physically move him where he needs to be. He's ever so sweet and gentle but not the brighter of the pair. Those eyes could melt butter though.

Q has become Lord of the Couch, though he only gets up on it when I invite him up with me or he sees that I am about to sit down. He no longer worries about having his babies up there as long as 1) I am present to keep him company and 2) they are where he can keep a watchful eye on them. He is the brains of the pair and you can bet that if any trouble occurs he was the instigator. He pulled a My Pillow that I dearly loved out of the laundry basket and gutted it, spraying memory foam like snowflakes all over the house. Then he sat at ground zero of the blizzard covered with the evidence of his crime and grinned with pride. He didn't even try to blame it on the cats.

The SA has improved but it's not gone. Q can now handle us being home but in a different part of the house. When he thinks we've completely left the house he still bays. Once he really gets going Penguin cannot help but join in rooing and you can hear them from outer space.

Hoping to get some snow zoomie pics tomorrow. The weather was inhumane for a while. With Penguin it may be more like coerced snow hops than zoomies but we'll take what we can get. He is losing weight but he's got a way to go yet before he really feels like running.

Kristen with

68sgSRq.jpg

Q, Lord of the Couch. Man, that thing has seen better days. The couch, I mean. The dog is most definitely fine.

t14rO1B.jpg

Kristen with

68sgSRq.jpg