Phoebe (Rooster Fancy) 7/31/03-5/15/17

calif_chaz

We sent Phoebe on her way Monday. I had hoped she would make her 14th birthday but she was failing and went downhill so fast in the previous week. We lost Gracie on April 29 and Geoff on Feb. 3 and so losing Phoebe alone would have been so very hard but this way made it even worse. But to tell you about her...she was the sweetest, easiest greyhound ever. She came to us as a bounce in April '12 and settled herself right in. Her usual spots were always chosen for the most comfort, she took that very seriously! Her favorite was our bed all day but preferred her own bed at night, in our room, under the double windows. She was a princess, reclining on the bed in the day, and would regally stretch out a leg when I walked in as if to say you may now give me that love and attention I am due. She did shoot from her beds however when it was feeding time, walks, and in summer on the screened in deck before dinner. She loved doritos and baked chicken. Her favorite thing in the world was walks. She was a scent hound in a greyhound body and could make a 20 minute walk turn into a 60 minute stroll, sniffing everything. She never could miss greeting a person we met, tail wagging furiously, and accepting all the compliments paid to her. She was not as bouncing around us as some we have had but was always in the background, quietly waiting for love and soft words. I miss that outstretched leg and paw reaching out to me every time I walk in the bedroom. She is deeply missed. Godspeed, sweet Phoebe. Find the softest bed and make your claim on it.

She sounds like a sweetheart. I'm sorry she couldn't stay longer with you.

Godspeed, Phoebe.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

That's way too much loss in that time period. I am so sorry.

Run free, sweet Phoebe. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I am sorry your Phoebe has traded in your bed for a cloud bed. I too have one of those scenthounds.. I know all too well about 20 minute walks lasting for 60 minutes.

:bighug to you on what has been a very rough year.

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I'm so very sorry. It's clear from your tribute that she was a perfect girl. It's especially tough to lose 3 so close together.

Godspeed Phoebe.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry for all of your losses. Phoebe sounds like a wonderful girl!

Run free Phoebe! :gh_run2

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

So very sorry for the loss of your Phoebe.

Remember the good times....

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

While reading your beautiful tribute, I was thinking, it's clear that Phoebe was such a happy dog, one who was very loved, and she knew it. Losing her so soon after your other 2 must be devastating. I'm so sorry you lost your princess, your precious Phoebe.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.