Baby, Grey's Big News (7/12/03 - 10/30/15)

juliemac

Gosh I hate writing this. Heck, I'm not good at writing to begin with, but I REALLY hate writing ... well, HERE.

My little girl is gone. Baby, the grumbly girl, who could open peanut butter jars without damaging the lid, and who prefers the MIDDLE of the bed, is now running free.

Last summer, I noticed a lump on Baby's leg. I was so relieved to hear that it wasn't osteo, but in December, I had the tumor removed to try to keep it from blocking the main vein in her back leg. February, the tumor was back, and every week since then it has gotten measurably bigger and angrier looking. Last month, we had a scare when Baby's foot started swelling - the vein was being blocked. I got to see the miracle of prayer at work, though, because 4 days later, Baby's body had performed a miracle and the other blood vessels in that foot started taking on the role of that blocked vein.

This week, however, things started really changing, and we just couldn't risk waiting any longer (and having the tumor burst). So on this beautiful fall day, Baby and I enjoyed some lovely time with Riley and our friends Bo & Sky and Kathy.

Gosh I miss you, little girl!

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry she's gone.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Baby you will be missed, run free with your sister Storm and have fun with Grace.

Today driving home after supporting Julie and Baby when she passed the rainbow bridge I saw a small rainbow in the sky.

I knew Baby was at the bridge and all was good!

Sending hugs to you and Riley!

Kathy, Bo (SK's Bozo), and Angels Storm (Greys Big Storm), Grace (Rise to Glory) and Sky(Greys Sky Dove),

My dog believes I go to work for their food and treats.

I am so very sorry for your loss :grouphug

Godspeed Baby girl.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.