Introducing Jules, A Galgo Pup

mom2four

Introducing JULES- our new 7 month old Galgo pup, and a Pet Therapy dog hopeful.

After our Master passed away within a month of a human passing in the family things were quite down in our home. I spoke to Michael about possibly adopting another Galgo, but would like it to become a Pet Therapy dog, like Master was, and Baltasar is currently. So we started looking at possibilities.

About a month ago I contacted 112 Carlotta Galgos about one of their adults who had a promising description. He had been adopted 2 days prior! I was asked if we were interested in a pup and my immediate thought was No Puppy! But, after looking into the background of this pup, speaking with the people who knew him best, it became clear that he would be a good Pet Therapy candidate, after being allowed to grow up.

So Jules came to Canada on Sep 29, along with 4 other Galgos, some pre-adopted, some still available. He stayed there for a couple of days, resting and came to us yesterday, Oct 1, on his 7 month B’day :) He is the sweetest little thing, so loving! He gets along with our current crew of 6- 3 Greys and 3 Galgos. He needs to learn about living in a home and so far is doing well.

So you all want to see him, right? Introducing JULES, whose name means youthful or young, so we are keeping his name!

At the airport:

Jules%20airport%20Oct1_zpscbrwbhat.jpg

At home: What is all that barking? (Our others, inside hearing the intruder).

Jules%20listen%20Oct1_zpsudvrdt1e.jpg

Who is out there- guard dog in the making?? :hehe

Jules%20porch%20Oct%201_zpsoze8xcbj.jpg

Tired pup, still resting up from 2 long flights in 3 days.

Jules%20sleeping%20Oct1_zpsh21nkorv.jpg

With many thanks to112 Carlotta Galgos for entrusting this pup to us.

Tin and Michael

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Congratulations to your beautiful puppy.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Congratulations!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Congratulations! He's beautiful! All I can think about is all of the trouble Jules and Lucas can get into together :eek

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Thank you everyone. Jules is a special little Galgo- well not so little, he is taller than little Lucas by a hair, and much skinnier.

Congratulations! He's beautiful! All I can think about is all of the trouble Jules and Lucas can get into together :eek

Yes Robin- Jules seems to be a 2nd Lucas. Lucas now seems calm beside him, as he nears age 6. So we can't say we have not gone through this before. Jules listens quite well already, but he just has so much to learn.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.