Lila's At The Vet

Lila is at the vet right now getting cleaned up and stitched up. My mom was walking her and a dog came out of his yard, chased them down the street, and attacked Lila. She has a wound on her hip/thigh area. It didn't look deep, but is big enough and needed trimming and cleaning so they have to put her under a light anesthesia. She will be able to come home tonight. It is minor compared to what some of you have dealt with, but I would appreciate any good thoughts you can give for my girl.

The owner of the other dog said she would pay the bill. I did go to the house, but no one was home. The dog looks like some kind of boxer mix. Lila lost her tag collar and tags in the scuffle. I couldn't see them on the road, I'm hoping the other owner picked them up.

Lila is hurt and scared, my Mom is traumatized, and I'm worried about my girl. :cry1

I'll check back once she is home and settled.

Thanks,

Jerilyn

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god---poor, sweet Lila!

We surely are sending good thoughts & prayers your way that she gets fixed up and heals up perfectly.

Sending hugs to you and your poor Mom, who must be as traumatized as Lila.

Barb & the girls

Edited by luvhounds2

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

Having just gone through this I know how scary an attack like this can be, especially for your mom who was walking Lila. Please let your mom know I'm thinking about her. Even more important than the bill though is finding out what they are going to do so this does not happen again. Also get yourself and your mom something to carry for protection. Many healing thoughts are being sent to Lila.

Pepper Spray for walks and a nice adult beverage for you and your Mom. And a hug and :kiss2 for Lila.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Lila, thinking good thoughts that you get home riteawayquick. Healing white light is wished for you and your grandma that was walking you. Very scarry indeed.

Bark at us as soon as you get home and feel up to it.:bighug:getwell:hope:dogcookie

Secret and Izzy

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

All the good wishes we can muster for our friend Lila!

This is so unnecessary and infuriating...JJ was attacked once and Dustin got chased by friendly puppies - but he didn't know that and slipped his collar and took off. It is a horrible feeling and you feel so helpless.

Some days it feels like you are the subject of target practice out walking.

But of most immediate importance is the health of you sweet girl.....Hugs to all involved.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Oh NO!!!!

:angry:

Poor Lila. Hope she heals up quickly.

Glad the other owners are at least going to pay the vet bills.

Hope you locate her tags...guess they'll have to buy her new ones, won't they!?!?

And your Mom!!

How awful for her.

:bighug

We'll check in for a update later....

Nancy

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Poor Lila and poor your mum! Of course you know Lila is in my thoughts. Give your mum a hug for me. I can imagine how upset she must be.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

How horrible! I hope everyone, 2 and 4 legged feel better soon.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Poor Lila. I'm glad she is going to be OK. I'm also glad the other dog owner is taking financial responsibility - too bad they can't control their dog though.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

I'm so sorry this happened, but am glad it wasn't worse. What everyone says is true, it's so hard on the human, too.

We now carry a cone-spray pepper spray. I also have a stun wand. I'm going to start carrying the pepperspray, though.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest amysgreys

Lila is at the vet right now getting cleaned up and stitched up. My mom was walking her and a dog came out of his yard, chased them down the street, and attacked Lila. She has a wound on her hip/thigh area. It didn't look deep, but is big enough and needed trimming and cleaning so they have to put her under a light anesthesia. She will be able to come home tonight. It is minor compared to what some of you have dealt with, but I would appreciate any good thoughts you can give for my girl.

The owner of the other dog said she would pay the bill. I did go to the house, but no one was home. The dog looks like some kind of boxer mix. Lila lost her tag collar and tags in the scuffle. I couldn't see them on the road, I'm hoping the other owner picked them up.

Lila is hurt and scared, my Mom is traumatized, and I'm worried about my girl. :cry1

I'll check back once she is home and settled.

Thanks,

Jerilyn

Good luck sweet girl...it is so scary when thst sort of thing happens.

I just hate reading stories like this. It makes me sick to my stomach with fear; this is my worst nightmare.

I hope you sweet girl will be fine and warm hugs for your mom.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds