Lila's At The Vet

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pajama pants are a good idea, along with boxers. Probably only need a small boys sze though.

How is pretty Lila doing today??

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Just checking in to see how Lila is doing this morning.

An how's your Mom?!?!?

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Hi -

We're doing OK. My mom had a good night sleep, Lila and I not so much. She had a hard time getting comfortable. For a while she would whine unless I was laying right next to her. But she took her pills like a champ and ate her breakfast (in the living room instead of the kitchen) and the wound looks really good. I went out to get her a tag collar and ID tag and got a tentative tail wag when I came home. I'm sad I can't find her tag collar. I walked the route from the attack to home twice, nothing. If someone picked it up, I would think they would call, there are three phone numbers on the tags.

I did speak to the owner of the other dog. She feels horrible and gave me check for the vet bill. But she also said she knows her dog is reactive to other dogs, yet let her loose in the yard. :angryfire That's the part that gets me. It would be different if the dog slipped out the door or something. I left a message for the animal officer.

Thanks again for all your good thoughts. They're working!

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

I'm glad to hear Lilas on the mend and that the owner of the other dog ponied up for the vet bill.

One other thought I had is that whether you use boxers, or drawstring pants (maybe a cut off pr of boys sweats) you can line the inside of them with panty liners. That way any moisture that leaks from the wound will be absorbed and then changed out as needed.

I get so angry, and baffled, when I see that another dog has been attacked. A loose dog-reactive dog in the front yard? What was she thinking? Anyway, the wound does look like it will heal nicely, and I hope poor Lila has a quick recovery. I'm so sorry that you all had to be subjected to this.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Glad Lila's feeling ok!

Also glad the lady covered the vet fees.

And she darn well better feel 'horrible'.

So this dog was just let loose...out the front door onto the street??

Or it was loose in their back yard and somehow escaped?

It still should be reported to 'someone'.

How about a pair of those disposable pants for toddlers...the kind that boys wear when they go on a sleepover? "Goodnights" I think they're called.

My 3 yr old Grandson wears them to bed...I'm sure they come in larger sizes.

You could cut a hole for her tail.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to Lila. I'm glad to hear the vet bill was covered, but it won't begin to pay for pain and suffering, both physically and emotionally. Hopefully AC can work with the owner to prevent a reoccurrence. Hope Lila recovers quickly.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Jerilyn, I am sorry that I am just reading this now about Lila. I'm glad she is feeling somewhat better and that you and your mom are doing okay also. As far as the tags go...Bell lost hers on a walk last summer..don't know how it happened. I redid our walking route & even asked some people on our route that she had lost them. I got a call from a woman who found them not on our walking route, but futher up. She claimed she would return them after she reamed me a new butt for having my phone #'s on it...ya know identify theft, blah blah blah. She never returned them...I never heard from her...I went up to our police department & reported that this woman had my dogs tags and was there anything they could do...their response was "oh we know here, she's the city jacka$$ who comes to the police station every week to report something or the other & not to pursue her...just drop it & obtain new tags myself" They did tell me what kind of vehicle she drove, big deal, like I have time to check every car that comes down my street. I never heard from her & never bothered calling her back & never got Bell's tags back...so I just got her all new ones...what bothered me was the St. Christopher medal that was my first greys...it was sentimental, but life goes on. So, please know that Lila and you and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat G, Bell & Bugsy

Hi -

We're doing OK. My mom had a good night sleep, Lila and I not so much. She had a hard time getting comfortable. For a while she would whine unless I was laying right next to her. But she took her pills like a champ and ate her breakfast (in the living room instead of the kitchen) and the wound looks really good. I went out to get her a tag collar and ID tag and got a tentative tail wag when I came home. I'm sad I can't find her tag collar. I walked the route from the attack to home twice, nothing. If someone picked it up, I would think they would call, there are three phone numbers on the tags.

I did speak to the owner of the other dog. She feels horrible and gave me check for the vet bill. But she also said she knows her dog is reactive to other dogs, yet let her loose in the yard. :angryfire That's the part that gets me. It would be different if the dog slipped out the door or something. I left a message for the animal officer.

Thanks again for all your good thoughts. They're working!

I am so sorry this happened to Lila and your Mom! How horrible! What is it with Boxers and their owners??? We have been attacked by the same Boxes twice! He was IN THE HOUSE, body slammed a wrought iron reinforced screen door and chased us down. One of his owners is now home after an extended absense and the guy is letting the dog out - unleashed and unattended! I filed two "At Large" reports last month even though I didn't have photographic proof. When I explained the history of this dog to the AC officer, his attitude went from resistant to sympathetic about serving the papers.

I sure hope Lila and your Mom have no long lasting ill effects from this incident.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead