Lila's At The Vet

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're back home. Lila did great at the vet's. She got internal sutures, staples, and antibiotics and pain killers. She had a very small supper and went potty and now is zonked out in bed.

I really miss the jingle of her tags. I probably won't sleep tonight because I will be up listening to see if she is messing with the wound. There's still no one home at the offender's house. I will call Animal Contol in the morning.

Warning to the squeemish - wound photos below.

Before

089.jpg

090.jpg

After

091.jpg

My poor girl after a very bad day

092.jpg

Thank you for all the good thoughts! Mom and I are going to have pizza and beer. :)

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

I'm just sick for you and relieved all at once. You give that beatiful girl a big hug from all of us in RI!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Oh poor girl and poor you and mom! Sending good thoughts.

God I hate to be prejudiced but I loathe boxers. Beth was attacked by one, fortunately with just a small puncture on her nose. Even the mixes I've met all seem really reactive.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Lila looks really good! I hope all of you recover. Hugs to you, your mom and Lila :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh poor Lila! :( I am glad she came through everything OK though. I hope she feels better soon.

Jerilyn :grouphug

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

MAN! If you need anything, let me know! I am here for you!

*ETA: If you are in the city limits, and need her, I know the GBPD's Humane Officer personally. She'd be glad to help, I'm sure of it!

Edited by Sighthounds4me

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'll hold all three of you in the light. Hope for quick healing for Lila.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Oh no! Poor sweet Lila, what a nasty ouchie. This for her :cookie , this for your Mom :grouphug , this for you :kiss2 and I daresay that the boxer's owner, after paying the bill, will be more careful to keep him confined.

Feel better soon, Lila

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

It doesn't look so bad. :rolleyes: Really. It was a clean slice, though deep, and it looks like the margins met up well. It's going to be hard to keep her away from the staples once it starts healing and itching.

She'll probably be out for most of the night. Give her a gentle nose kiss in the morning for us!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

It's going to be hard to keep her away from the staples once it starts healing and itching.

Boxer shorts! Got any with Santa on them?

Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

MAN! If you need anything, let me know! I am here for you!

*ETA: If you are in the city limits, and need her, I know the GBPD's Humane Officer personally. She'd be glad to help, I'm sure of it!

Thanks! I know Sharon too. I volunteered for her when she worked at the Zoo. I'm in Ashwaubenon, we have some kind of community services officer who handles animal stuff.

It's going to be hard to keep her away from the staples once it starts healing and itching.

Boxer shorts! Got any with Santa on them?

Jennie

I was thinking of that. What size boxer shorts does an average size houndie girl wear?

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Guest MnMDogs

Oh man, another one :(. I'm so sorry you all went through this. Good thoughts, and please do make sure this owner takes steps to prevent this from happening again.

I know people have suggested boxer shorts. Men's draw string pajamas work best--you can cinch the waist so they don't fall down, and her tail can go through the vent. Lily manages to scrape herself pretty good every spring, so I have some experience with this!

Sending more healing thoughts for Lila.

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

I am sorry both Lila and your Mom went through this. A dog attack/fight is very scary and traumatizing. I'm glad Lila is home and on the road to healing. Hope your Mom is slowing recovering as well.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

sorry she got attacked!!! :( :( :( sending many healing hugs! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Poor Lila. sad.gif And your Mom. That looks very ouchy but I hope it heals cleanly & riteawayquik. Very best wishes. kiss1.gif

As an owner of 2 bite victims, I do suggest that you contact AC. Get it on record. A loose dog is a nuisance. A loose dog that chases & attacks is a danger to everyone.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Hoping Lila is feeling better this morning. That was an icky looking wound, but beautiful closure.

Sorry, but I just had to snicker at the thought of BOXER shorts covering a wound made by a BOXER mix.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.