WFUBCC #232 - The Falling Leaves

Oh, Angie, sweet gurlie, da stars were very Brite last nite, waiting for yoo.:brokenheart

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Miss Angie, we ar sorree yoo ar gowin to the Rainbow Bridge, but dont bee afrade. Lots ob yor frends ar there an will welcom yoo wif open paws. Dey will help yoo lern how too luk ober yor parints. We ar sendin hugs to yor Mamma an Daddee. 
Sadie Lou hoo is berree sad an Muvver too :grouphug

Aljo Atomic Kogo and DC Man of Steal

8 hours ago, Remolacha said:

I have been there, as so many of us have. I know you are thinking of Angie and what is best for her (and Doug, too). I am so sorry her time has come :grouphug

:nod I couldn't say this any differently. 

Please know that our hearts are with you and Doug and Angie as she receives her wings. Seamie :heart :brokenheart will have the grill going and buffet bar ready.

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm afraid, afraid this will happen again, and she won't be able to get up, and she'll be terrified, like she was today.      Miss Nancy and Misser Doug, this is all the explanation you will ever need. To keep her from that fear is the best thing you can ever do :kiss2 :grouphug

Angie, there's a very grumpy butt very cute wee little hedgeman waiting to say "Hi". He's knot a stuffie!

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Carol Ann, I don't actually think that our area in SC was harder hit than yours.  For Ann and me and most of us in South Carolina, we're over the crisis and into the annoying first world problem phase of recovery.  North Carolina and areas of Florida that were really hard hit are still struggling far more that Ann and I ever did.  I just felt the need to say that I think it's not only OK but is necessary for people in our relatively good positions to complain about our losses/hassles/woes/stresses without anyone thinking that we aren't fully aware of our good fortune in being mostly OK.  :grouphug

there was places that didn't get their lektricities back from February until MAY!!!  Places way up in the mowntins or isolated farms and stuff.  It was brootal.  :(  That's exactly the situation in western North Carolina and we are so worried for those people.  We here in South Carolina struggled butt are mostly OK wif roads, power, and innerwebs. 

Miss RE Carol, Ma says that it's the same for human blood donors here-- cookies and juice is typical.

I wonder if the storm blew that allygator right out ob Miss Elizabeth's pond?

Feel better, Miss Chris.  I hope those mystery melons are a tasty surprise.

Fizzy, Ma has once again fallen ober in a gooey mess on account ob your charm and great beauty in that photo.  I'm beginning to feel kinda jealous.  I think I'm glad you are all the way up in Pennsylvania. :D  Welcome!  You post great, informative posties. :nod

Ah, Linus, your humans are all through wif their camping for the year.  I suppose it is time to warsh eberyfing.  Poor Miss Patsy. :kiss2

AndiPants, I had that kinda profoundly disappointing experience on THirstday when Auntie Ann touched my leash and collar, making that magical jangle.  I thought I was gonna get a Wiki Walkie butt Auntie Ann was just clearing of The Monstrosity (a beloved Victorian coat rack) and moved my stuff.  No walking was forthcoming. :angry:

Ivy, Ma's gonna be doing the same thing Miss Kathy is today: planting the last ob the pansies and also repotting to bringing in several geraniums and some other plants. 

Miss Elizabeth, I'm sorry that your home will hab an inconveniently long power outage. :kiss2    Butt wait!  There's more!  The power is back on and you can go home wifout a Richard meltdown. :yay

Miss Nancy and Angie and Doug, I'm so sorry for that miserable experience of falling over and getting stuck and struggling for so long. :grouphug  Sometime the body is through before the heart is. :kiss2  Being able to say loving goodbyes all 3 together and to know that there won't be another of those horrid falls sounds like a good though heartbreaking plan. :grouphug

Dat's right.  Angie, when you get to the far end ob the Rainbow Bridge liddle Salty will be there, still getting his bearings.  Perhaps you 2 can become friends. Fare thee well, dear friend.  Your humans love you so much and do knot want to say goodbye to you. :kiss2

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Angie, you're a tuff lady! I'm sorry your body is worn out and that means you've gotta say goodbyes. Your mom and dad and seester and alla us here are gonna miss you lots and lots. :cry1

Wiki :ph34r and her Mistress

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Nancy, our hearts are breaking for you and Doug. That is how I lost my last whippet, Indy. He had fallen while I was at work and could not get back up. He also sustained a head injury while trying to right himself. It was awful to see him like that when I got home, so I understand completely what you are experiencing. Sending big, big hugs. I always admire those who are able and willing to do what is best for their beloveds when it is not what the people would like. THAT is true love and you possess it in spades. 

wishing you a safe and peaceful journey over that bridge, Angie, where you will be met by so many who have crossed before and are watching over those who have yet to cross. 

Cindy and David. 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Angie I am sorry that you had that fall & the chair trapped you. Now your mom & dad are going to make sure that never happens again. They are making the tough decision but you will be well & health again. Enjoy the bacon bar at the Bridge . I wlll miss hearing about you.:bighugthese are for you Miss Nancy & Mr Doug.

Jup you are heading home to electricity.  How luck are you,  Some folks dont even have a  house or a road that houses are on.  I hope that alligator decided to move away.

Miss Chris about the Phillies.  Remember when you said the Braves would be 1 & out. I said I thought that would happen to the Phillies too. They got hot too early , even before  the All Star break they were sllipping.So,like every year I say I wont get sucked in again next year.

Molly Doodles should be coming over soon.  Her skin brother is getting married this weekend.

Bitzi enjoying a lovely dan 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

We have additional signs of the mysterious creature by my house. I have never seen poop like this. It starts out as a brown cylinder then transitions into little flat black pieces that look like dried currants.

0qWeLdJl.jpg

It's a small area.

uB5Ze0cl.jpg

Who did this?

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Hello my Friendlies!!

We never got our sunnings yesserday, but we're starting out that way today!!  :yay 

First off, we hope Miss Angie has a gentle send off to the Bridge, and we are thinking of her famly and sending them alla our bestest thots.  :(   :hope 

Secondly, Miss jerilyn, Momma has spended the last few minits looking at pichers of poops.  <_<  And she thinks it mite be eether racoon or skunk or fox.  You should take the picher into your zoo and ask the keepers what they think it is!!  ;)  Oh yeah.  Wear disposable glubes and masking when you dispose of it since sometimes poops can be toxical to humans with worms or other diseases!!

Miss Lizabeth we're very glad your lektricities at the house have been restored and you don't hafta break the news to Mister Richard that you gotta wait till next Thirdsday!!!  :yikes   We hope your driving home is uneventful and qwikker than the trip out!!  :kiss2  

Mam, we think Mister Richard would be wurrying about the house and it would cause him lotsa stress to hafta wait that long.  We furgot to say Happy Oh!Canada Thanksgiving last week!!!  :chow  

Miss Loosy we so appreesheeyate that our Club is a safe space to come and kvetch and complain and yell and pout and everything else!!  You gotta postie a picher of the replanted flower pots!!  Alla our pots outside on the back dekk and by the frunt door are still going strong.  Essept the petunias in the back are kinda mostly gone.  Momma will be putting them to bed soon.  Maybe today since it's been dry and the big pots won't be too heavy, even tho the flowers are still blooming.  She'll hafta think about it, I gess.  She's gotta think about everything.  :rolleyes: 

Miss Bitzi, Momma says it's gonna be a innesting off seezin for boff our teems.  The Braves have already fired a buncha coaches, and Momma thinks they are gonna loose their best picher to free agency cause they won't pay him enuff.  So we mite be starting all the way over again next year.  :( 

We are not doing much today.  Momma's got some more outdoor sorting to do, and the pot ishoo, and changing the bulbs in the kitchen lite, and maybe some lawndries.  But there's also baseballs and collige footballs to watch, and one of her horsies is racing.  Then she's gotta finish up decommissioning the old tablit and finish setting up the new one.  And she wants to cook some porking chops and honeybutter nut sqwarshes and maybe some sawerkrauts for luntsch.  Plus also, she better  :shakefinger play with me outside today!!!  :shakefinger 

Wishings for a sane Satidday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Wiki, we hopes it iz NAWT a skunk, den yoo will habs to habs baff after baff.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

Thank-you all for your kind thoughts.  This loss is something every one of us understands, and it helps to know that.  Last night I left a message for a vet who had seen us before, and they got us in this morning at 11:30.  Though Angie had a relatively peaceful night, today her ability to walk had not improved.  The vet staff was great, and she had a peaceful passing with all of us with her, even her sister.  Kiva was so confused, and didn't want to be home by herself, so she came too.  She has never been an only dog before, in fact, in our 40 years of marriage, we've never had just one dog.  We are wondering how Kiva will adjust, and hope it's not too hard for her.  Of course, the house seems overwhelmingly empty.  I'm already missing my Evangelina desperately---our lives had pretty much revolved around her.  But I think it will be especially rough on Doug.  He has been with her almost constantly for months, since both of them were on the first floor.  As she liked to tell everyone, she got her Dad up several times a night, and he knew the routine.  Wasn't she the toughest, most stubborn girl?  But you're right, Nate.  Sometimes the body is through before the heart is. :brokenheart  I know she will be looking for friends and family, and even scared little hedgies. We took her to a pet crematory close to us, and they were wonderful too.  We'll get her ashes back in about a week.  It's such a sad way to start a long awaited trip, but it's better to know that she is safe and out of pain.  Tonight I have to go spend the night with Iola and Felix, and will be home tomorrow afternoon.  I hope Doug will be able to get a real nights sleep.

Jerilyn, I've never seen poop like that either! Very odd looking.

Elizabeth, I'm so glad your power is back on.  We've finally heard from all our Florida friends, who have suffered various levels of damage.  But they are safe.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:grouphug Miss Nancy and Mister Doug.  Kiva, you will need to be a brave girl to be an only houndie.  I remember when I was suddenly an only and it took some getting used to. :kiss2    Fare thee well, Angie. :cry1

I hab been inandoutandinandout today what wif Ma werking in the yard.  She is in now and exhausted.  Mostly things are repotted and pruned butt they'll have to wait until tomorrow to come indoors.  She's beat.  I'mm make her take pictures. :D

Miss Chris, you've been busy too. :kiss2

Nate

• Like 1

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Jerilyn, I've never seen poop like that either! Very odd looking    It looks a little too firm to be raccoon poop, with which I have far too much experience :puke  It almost looks coyote-like, butt too small and in too small an area. So then maybe fox?

Miss Nancy and Misser Doug, I'm glad Angie could leave in peace with you and her sister there :grouphug

Miss Jennie

Edited by jenners
  • Like 1

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Fly free, Angie :(

Edited by BatterseaBrindl
  • Like 1

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

38 minutes ago, boopieface said:

Miss Kiva, yoo ar not a onlee howndee. Yoo habs oll ob us wif yoo, joost not in da same lokashun. Joost think on us az beein in da uthur room. Wee will bee wif yoo.

Sadie Lou hoo iz sendin lubs too yoo

This is so well put!   Now Angie if you would sent the hoomans a sign that would be great. 

Off to do the second of manymany camper wash loads.

This probably isn't awfully helpful, but the poop looks like what a ranger told us in Two Medicine campground in Glacier was moose poop. 😱

Edited by Patsy
  • Like 1

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

:candle  Angie :bighug Nancy & Doug

Kathy I am sorry I forget how long you sad Cherry has been on Librela . Vanessa it is Gino that gets it  & for how long has Gino been getting it ?

Miss Elizabeth are you home yet ?  I hope so & you can sleep in your own bed tonight.

Got to go console Mom, Penn State is losing.  This is not her week

• Like 1

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I'd have to look, but I think it's close to a year. He still likes to run around crazy when he can, he doesn't have the stamina of the other two, but I feel that his recovery time is greatly reduced; i.e., not as stiff and achy the day after. Plus a lot less cranky.

Caroline, it is Ivy that is on the Librela, not Cherry.  She's been on it for not quite a year.      She is still running around the house chasing with Cherry and she runs a little at playgroup too.

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Gud eevning frendz. Mum haz bin potting up spring bulbs so we shud hav tyoolipz, krokus, mini Iris and mini daffydown dillyz growin inna Spring. She put sum panzyz on top ov them so we gots sum flowaz now.

Angie gots mor than a star tunyte, she gotta comet!

Gud nyte Wagz to awl mi frendz but speshulee for Kiva.:ghplaybow

Nutmeg.

• Like 1

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

You did the right thing Nancy. That was the exact situation that our precious Gizzy ended up in. i was gone for just a couple of hours and come home to the same as you did. We said goodbye the next day as well. Hugs to your family.

Well, my back feels like it is going to break in two, but the lanai is all put back together! I ended up removing and washing 14 sofa cushion covers and 16 chair seat/back cushion covers. Put them all back on was a huge chore, but I did succeed! Then got all the vacuuming done and the lanai now looks great. Sorry the photos from Facebook are so huge! Molly helped me by sitting there looking pretty! One day this week I need to take the covers off all the throw pillows - 12 of them? - and get them all washed too. Maybe once I can stand my back up straight again! LOL! 

462845060_10228706122932638_302588140048

463035909_10228706131012840_381059153611

463151239_10228706125932713_439710348046

Edited by cello
  • Like 1

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.