WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

10 hours ago, boopieface said:

Miss Ducky, the voltarin is for me, not Sadie. 😏 I will make sure she doesn’t lick my hips! 
Miss Halise

I can kinda remember when Voltaren first hit the market for humans, I tried it on myself and it did nothing for me :( , then suddenly there was a flurry of pet issues. I think the majority of the problem was when dogs were chewing the tubes, not licking. I find it interesting that it is now available to dogs in a lower dosage but I'm knot ready to try it on Howie.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Vanessa, it's stormy here now and was off an on last night. I made everyone go out at 5am while there was a lull. NoAh is still holding in his pee since 6pm yesterday. Flashy is oblivious to rain and Howie will truck right on out with an "if I have to mom" look. Did he, and then turned around to go back out and poop. Whoosgudboy?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Tropical storm coming onshore here in Jacksonville NC. Chance of tornados but nothing on the radar. Alerts will scream across the tv screen as the red areas in the photo get nearer.

Winds won't get higher than 35-45mph. It will be a long, wet, yucky day for the dogs.
460157716_541635681592232_5650990529366587788_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=833d8c&_nc_ohc=hqSvtL4pe7AQ7kNvgHc3C4j&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&_nc_gid=AwbcC3H2hlaIetoOez9uhj4&oh=00_AYC4jTAfkLB4htf0MNDv97g6vCwzQ4UoVv5krQr2NZFurQ&oe=66EE06A5

tiny hada siggy.png

Whosagudboi Howie!! :clap  Hope the wind doesn't exceed that range, Ducky (and Vanessa, and anyone in the path of the storm!).

Charlie, WASPSSS? honeybee-side_sm.png Noooooo :ohno Yoo stay away frum dem! Nasty ebil fings wiff wings ca1a20_08d76a45a9884a7c89b0a781d536cc70~

Glad to heer dat Ivy hadda gud nite. 

And lookit Sadie! Compleetly 'zausted! Miss Halise! She's retired yoo no!! Sheesh. I bet yooze a grate ambassadog Sadie :kiss2 

Mam, we missed all about dat fooneral, butt we're bery sorry :grouphug And, also, incredibly ecksited when we red about Jesse!! Yoo're adopting again? Oh me gudniss I haff misst so much. Dat dood deffnitly haffs a Saluki-lenkff schnoz! But he looks bery greyhound like. And boy is he HAMPSUM! Diss is going to be bad fur me. Mebbe I become chopped libber. Mummy is all ca1a20_e661fc8ec1d2459697d93336a5e28fb1~ alreddy  :bugeye  We can't wait to heer moor and see moor pikchurs! :gmark 

I tried to get into me mummy lap dis mornink :blush 

I growled loudly fur a modrattlee long time at mummy lass nite butt it WOZ justified. Dare woz KNOT enuff lite and she got on da bed to open da window and she juss... STEPPED ON ME!! angry-sign.pngca1a20_71e84749b3f04445aafa3c5ed6b0c640~ I woz outraged. Mummy sed she woz so sorry, she didn't see me cuz I'm all black and it woz dark and, she said, "because you insist on taking up the whole bed".  Wotebber mummy. Diss KNOT cool stepping on yur belubbed. 

I wasn't as frightened this time. I just froze and waited until he was done growling and then I apologized. He kept growling but it was almost comical - like a human who's huffing and puffing and grumbling as if to say "what the heck - so RUDE" He does have this very human way of growling that I find funny, even though he growls for quite a while. Eventually he stopped and gave me a confused and grumpy look. I was apologizing and asked him to come to me for a treat, and he did, and in no time we were fast friends again and I was KNOT fired. Poor pupper. 

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Misses Vanessa & DUcky  I hope that nasty storm leaves you alone.

Charlie those wasps are nasty.  We hope your neighbor is prompt in disposing them.

Ivy how are you today ? Better is what I hope to hear.

Miss Patsy you are home by now, right ?

Miss Elizabeth have a nice day

Bitzi who might go outside for awhile 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Poor Miss Kerry and poor Lupin.  I'm glad you were able to apologize and makeup and be each others' beloveds again.  That's what Ma and I do. :D I too was kinda growly yesterday.  :dunno  Euphemia, the robot vacuum touched my toes. I growled.  Later, I was just lying in my bed whilst Ma and Auntie Ann were watching Moonflower Murder on Masterpiece and I started growling.  Ma spoke reassuringly to me and I settled.  I guess I was just is a grumpy mood like Ma right now. :blush

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Hello my Friendlies!!

Sposed to be clear bloo skies all day with warmer tempachoors, but so far it's been kinda cloudings and cooler.  We'll see how it ends up today.  Sposed to have showerings tamarrow.

Miss Loosy we sure hope your back gets all the way more betterer sooner rather than later!!  :hope  Have you talked with your docter again??  Cause it's been a long time.  :kiss2  Mister Nate, do NOT growlie at your Momma!!!   :rolleyes:  

Mister Lupin!!!  :shakefinger  You eether!!!  :shakefinger  Tho I would probably YEEEEEEP if I gotted stepped on, not do a growlie.    Mam was just doing a GUR in her area, not pikking up that houndie to take home.  As much as we all want her to find just the perfekt one!!  

Miss Ducky and Miss Vanessa et ALL - hold on tite and hope those tornaydoes go all the way around you!!  :candle 

Miss Halise!!!  Miss Sadie Lou is a retired houndie!!!  :shakefinger  You better be making her some really YUMMO meat dinner on your newly raised up griller as payment for working so hard!!!  :shakefinger  Momma says she would feel the same way affer putting a big thing together like that.  :lol  She's had a new big shelfing for the back porch waiting to be putted together for two years just cause she can't get up the gumpshun to take on a big project like that.

We're glad to hear that Miss Ivy had a good nite and hope you gotted some sleepings Miss Kathy!!  :sleepy  

Have a nice time on your trip Miss Lizabeth!! 

We still need a review of your traveling Miss Patsy!!  How was it getting together with your friendlies??

Anuther quiet day here.  Tho the rest of the week will probly be a little more essiting since Momma's gotta run some errinds, and then Friedday is my eyeball appoinkmint.  :coastie 

Wishings for a minimalistikal Munderday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Dat storm decided to visit the House ob Duck instead ob us. Just gloomy here tuday.

Doez a/c guys dropped by dis moanin, dey got da filter changed and da line flushed, BUT she just got a call dat dey are gonna come redo da air handler. Dat meens annuder day stuck in da bedroom, we are NAWT happy we didn't get to snooper-vise.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I have read everything but no time to respond.

Things with Ivy seem very stable.  Whew.

Wendells wife came back to work today. She is our main breakfast cook. He was her prep person, and it has been a hard day for her.  He will be missed by all of us.  Such a sooper guy.

Oh my Kerry!  That very handsome long snoot in my car did knot come home with me.   I was just moving him along the hiway in as part of a well-planned GUR, getting him to his new home.  His owner recently passed away. 

Howsoever, I may - just may - have some news soon :ph34r

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Oooo, everybuddy is growlie! I have not done growlies in a long time. I did take a snap at Mistress a cupple weeks ago. :unsure I still had a bit of dried pine sap in my fur and Mistress axidentally pulled it whilst pettin me. It hurt, it was a reaktshun. I knew as soon as I did it that it was wrong :blush and I toll Mistress I was sorry wiff a hug.

Miss Kerry and Lupin – didja see Miss Jan’s thread from a little while ago bout black houndies lurkin in the dark? We all do it. :ph34r

Miss Halise, we gots one of them tiny weber grills that Mistress puts on leddle tabil too! Cept iffen she does a grillin in the winter when the leddel tabil is packed away then she just puts it in the snow. :blink:

Miss Mam, that’s a fine lookin passenger you had there! Oh wait, sum other noos!?!?!

My Mistress is tryin reel hard not to be crabby but she still is only able to do her werk wiff the hotspot on her fone. Our innerwebs werk juss fine so she don’t know what’s going on wiff the werk lappertopper. And the helplessdesk is not gettin back to her. :angry:  Oh, mayhaps Miss Kerry could come fix it!

Time for meetin!

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Happy MoneyDay!  Trying to cram 5 days of work into two days last week with a new dog was quite the challenge!  Fizzy is adapting and is figuring out that she is no longer being assaulted constantly by our little stripey terrorist.  Lacy and Gabe have numerous all-out play battles and everyone is learning that despite the growls, barks, screams, and scuffles, there is no blood being shed and no feelings being hurt.  But boy-howdy do they make a racket!  It starts as soon as they wake up - David is now prepared and tosses them off the bed before the tussling begins.  Like typical sighthounds, they spend large quantities of time snoozing and resting up for their next bout.  Took them on a hike yesterday - beautiful weather, not too hot.  The trail is up and down wooded hills, through and across (currently) dried up creek beds, along paths of nothing but rocks.  Gabe and Fizzy stayed on the overgrown trail, while Lacy zigged and zagged through tall grasses, ferns, and leaves.  I was quietly freaking out about poisonous snakes but was hoping her lunging to and fro would keep them away.  She is cuckoo.  But, the two hour hike worked as they were calm for the evening! 

460089391_8657264934306989_7245117976690   

459626151_8657264970973652_6401922374833

There was no way in h3ll that I was taking two dogs across that mini suspension bridge.  We crossed through the rocks underneath instead.  

459926350_8657264627640353_6095960943839

Had a quiet ride home!  

Meanwhile, they are getting along famously!  So glad we got this adorable guy so Lacy could have her very own emotional support dog. :rofl 

460137692_8657214537645362_5926069804519

459918414_8657214520978697_8972716038539

459684197_8657214530978696_3535598906217

• Like 5

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

It was a great trip. Nice visit with dear friend's sisters (all three of the gals live in the family home) and great Shore visit. 

The ocean was being very picturesque, the sun was shining brightly the whole time, we ate our way thru Spring Lake happily, and enjoyed the best b&b porch ever!  

Their household is down to three cats from the previous five tho none as friendly as my Linus.

Keith from Goldie's car service got me from EWR to Bernardsville very neatly and we enjoyed chatting. I asked for him for the reverse trip and we had a great time talking politics. 

It was great seeing everyone but the two year lapse (didn't go last year cuz of rotator cuff adventure) sure made the aging process obvious!  Sadly so in the case of "my other family". 

Tomorrow is visitation for my former boss who died a day after his 84th birthday (Alzheimer's) with the funeral on Wednesday. Both at the Memorial Union on campus. I anticipate it will be old home week since he was beloved of many generations of UND students/faculty/staff. Not sure there's enuf Kleenex in the world ....... 

Well at least my buying adventure/slog/spree before Reunion means I have something to wear. Yippie. 😭

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Oh my Cindy, I love the update! Tgst second to last pic is a framer :beatheart And the last one must be of one of the new games? Last one on a table is out! :rofl

(I wondered about the suspension bridge :lol )

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh, we are all cawt ups.  Ah red frum da beginning juss in time to reed da storee ub Ivy!  Oh, mah hart wuz sinking az ah wuz reeding - an ah almoss skipt to da end, but den wuz askeert ub wut ah mite reed wifowt warning.  We are so happee to see dat she iz homes.

Mama sez dat EZ had wun ub doze cancer fings on himz legs - soff tisHOO.  He libbed until he wuz ober thirteenlebben yeers - an dat wuz three yeers affer dat surgurhee - an it wuz KNOT frum dat bump dat he went DED...

We are luking fru ebberyfing else!

We want to welcome Gabe.   Miss Nancy, wut a gud storee ub meeting up an stuff....

We libz owr frenz...

FancyToo

Edited by mychip1
  • Like 2

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

We are pretty adbenturous, but we wuldn't take dat bridge, eider! 

Lukks like I got a corn on my left fut now, da same toe as on da rite. I still go on walks and keep up wibs Fuzzy.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

Charlie!   Misser Jim and I met Frankie when we met you in Quebec City a few years ago!  He seemed like a nice houndie.  I hope the two of you can share nicely!

Ivy had a nice day even thought the window installers were here making LOTS of noise.   They were not replacing the windows in the room she is in so we just kept the doors closed so it would be quieter.   She ate all of her food today and also took her pills (slyly hidden in cat food)

Tomorrow we will pick up Cherry and I am sure the girls will be happy to see each other.   Ivy has an appointment on Wednesday to have her drain removed!  :yay 

Kathy

• Like 5

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good Morning!

Ivy had another quiet night last night.  She is such a good patient!  The vet’s office was offering us an appointment for today to remove her drain, but the window installers were supposed to be here today too so I made the appointment for tomorrow.   They finished last night after the vet’s office closed so I am going to call and see if they still have one for today.  Ivy will be much happier without that drain reservoir hanging from her neck! 

I hope everyone has a good day!

Kathy 

• Like 4

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Refreshing 14C    :coffee      Heading into a hot day.

Thank goodness Ivy is recovering well  :)

Oh Charlie!  Sorry Frankie isn’t letting you share the sand box. Hopefully today is a better day.

Oh my, Cindy!   Faboo pictures!   You sure have your hands full  :bounce8

Sad day for Patsy  :( 

I’ll be off to my cycling class.  Really looking forward to it. I am going to find out if there are other days that people can come and use them.  

Then I’ll quickly pop out to see Patty & Widge before I head to the Desk this afternoon.  No rest for the wicked ;)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Gud Sunny Toesday! Hopefully doez a/c guys will come and go quickly.

Mizz Ducky, did yooo habs a quiet nite? No one tinkled in da howse?

:wave 

No time to tic much butt wanted to say hello. 

15 hours ago, palmettobug said:

Lukks like I got a corn on my left fut now, da same toe as on da rite. I still go on walks and keep up wibs Fuzzy.

Noooo. Sorry dood. Me corn is hurty but I yam still walking ok except I haff to hop hop sumtimes. Dat "magic balm" mummy bot after it woz recommended it KNOT magikal. Soaking is difficult because (mummy says) it's a back fut and I'm impashunt. I'm KNOT shore I like wot sheeze insinooatink. ca1a20_a2566d91acb046e4b87c5a68e51126ac~ Mummy is going to buy sumfink to hull it out ca1a20_d3209b196b234909be4de71e9086d3cc~ca1a20_e170d49ea36e4c44b0b188d82be107a1~

Oh fanks fur clarifying Mam. Whoebber is adoptink dat Jesse boy is lucky, so glad he is gettink a noo home! Fanks fur halping!! :kiss2 

Our luffly fren Ivy is doing well! :yay :yay 

Miss CIndy do yoo haff a hayloe around yur hed? Mummy says she cud nebber liff wiff hi-energy dogs :lol: She wood go :crazy :riphair BUTT day are so kewt. Glad eberywon enjoyed a nice hike! 

Aunty Patsy :grouphug 

Luff to yoo all, ooooh Gino, yoo snoopervise? We call it snootervising heer :lol: I fink I like da sound ob snoopervising :evil 

Mummy is KNOT going to come and see me before 1:45pm today :ohno She haffs to do tek support fur da annooal Constitooshun Day Lekchur, da formerer state atturny genrral is coming to talk.

Laters

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.