WFUBCC - #229 - June busting out

FancyToo, that's waaay too much excitement for a morning walkie. :eek  I'm glad Mr. Peabody enjoyed his fort and that eberyone is safe. :kiss2

AndiPants, what to do about those dogs is a whole big question mark.  Ma suspects that they aren't actually homeless dogs butt are dogs whose house is around here and who are just allowed to wander. -_-  They aren't supposed to do that, butt the instructions about who to call for strays or wild animals says to call animal control or, in their absence, the police IF the animal presents imminent danger.  They don't seem dangerous.  Ma's just a little iffy about the fact that they jumped in and out of the yard.  She looks to be sure the yard is clear before letting me out, so I should be OK.  We'll see what develops. Right now I sense that Ma is gonna do her favorite thing...nuffin'! :D

Miss Halise, I knew you and Miss Martha named Clack Kent butt I did knot know the wonderful details ob that story. :wub:

We too are miserable in the heat, like so many others. This dome ob doom and leave any time.

Ivy, you did a great job ob helping to train that vet student. :yay  I hope that lump's cytology delivers news ob nuffin' much and that the treatment will be easy and require lots ob treats to heal properly. :nod
I bet you house will look beautimous after its baff.

Welcome back, Miss Jennie!  :yay

Miz Ducky, you write ob your fall wif such clever humor butt it sounds painful and kinda scary.  I'm glad Mister Mac came out, finally, to investigate what you were doing. Also good that you had PT scheduled already. :kiss2  I hope the bruises and lumps go away soon.

Miss RE Carol, what a lubly front yard sedum bed you hab too!  :wow

The gym has been visited and hexercising completed.  Then Ma got a hair cut.  Now there's a great book to finish and 2 new eagerly awaited ones to read after that.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Hello my Friendlies!!

It's our firstest hawthawthawt day of this week - in the middle 80lebendees - with brite sunnings all day long!!  Great for sunbaffing!!

Antie Jennie, Momma and Daddy talked about doing that exact train ride so many times!!  I bet it was awesome!!  :thumbs-up 

Miss Wiki you alreaddy hadded a great advenchoor today!!!  :yay  

Miss Ducky, Momma has been reesearching call buttons and stuff for Daddy cause he don't reememmer to carry his fone eether.  She founded loads of things like this one  Call Button Alert System   This one also notifies a fone, but there's loads of ones that just have a, like, speeker alarm in the house.  And the fallen persin just presses a button on a nekklace or a watch thingy and it makes the speeker dealie go off.  Momma was surprised that these were kinda inexpensive.  We hope you don't feel too bad today!!  :kiss2 

Mister Nate, did you get all growlie when you sawed those doggos throo the fence???  Maybe they would like to stay at your house??  :dunno  

Miss Sherrie!!!  I bet you are so essited to get Mister Tiller back home!!!  I just know he's gonna be essited to see you again!!  :nod  :beatheart 

Miss Ivy, I caNOT beleeve you are giving your HOUSE a baff!!!!  :bugeye  What is up wiff alla the baffing going on around here???  :dunno 

I wunner what's going on at Miss Lacifur's house???  I bet Miss Cindy is too bizzy working again!!!  :shakefinger 

I think we are gonna have chineeze fuds today.  That means Barbeekew Pork!!!!  :chow  Momma always gets us our own box of it so we get some for a few days!!  :chow  

Wishings for a wakky Windsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Andi, Nate & Tiller won't be seeing ENNY fin, but dey can smell dem!

I know whut I smell in dis howse--tiny tommmytooes!:chow

• Haha 1

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Our house is getting a baf!    There are two worker dudes outside baffing our house!  :eek     I hope Momma doesn't get any other ideas about bafs......

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Miss Jennie, we took that train ride!  We had a wonderful time and I hope you did, too.  We loved Jasper and Lake Louise.  That trip was the first time I saw a loon - the bird-type :lol: - in the wild.  When we were in Vancouver, we met Jason Acuna AKA Wee-Man from the show Jacka$$.  His group was sitting next to us at an outdoor cafe.  So many people were making excuses to walk by their table that I had to find out what the deal was lol.  

Lacy is trying her hardest to get back to her Lacifur persona.  She doesn't have a post-op appointment until Saturday so we are vainly trying to keep her reined in until then.  It is a losing battle, I am afraid.  On the other paw, she is not going nuts trying to lick her incision, so we are very lucky there.  

I do have a trial starting Monday and am super busy.  Plus, two more running back to back at the end of August and beginning of September.

Today is my dad's 91st birthday!  I went to work super early and will work late, but took a couple hours midday to take him to lunch.  His neighborhood is unveiling a bench on his street with my mom's name on it tonight, so lunch it was.  

I am crushed.  David still does not want to go to Grapehounds because we do not have a greyhound.  I cancelled my vacation plans and cannot get them back.  I am really trying to be supportive of how he feels with everything, including this situation with his son, but am becoming rather resentful.  But to be honest, I would rather cancel than have him go just because *I* wanted to.  He needs to be fully on board and he is not.  I know it is not the end of the world, but it was something to look forward to that was not work.  I am sure lots of you understand that dilemma.  

Yay for Tiller coming home!  

Ducky, that sounds miserable!  I hope you feel better really quickly and that PT can help with this, too.  I remember when my mom got a panic button so my dad could be more at ease going to the grocery store.  Lord have mercy, the battle it was to get her to accept it.  I would really like my dad to have a way to communicate if he pitched down the basement steps or something since his balance isn't as good as it used to be.  He is more stubborn than my mother was.  He at least only carries stuff with one hand now and uses the other on the railing.  Baby steps! :lol 

Beautiful gardens!  Ours is currently getting mowed down by the deer, rabbits, and chipmunks.  Found a hole under the dog yard fence that the rabbits were using and blocked it off.  Hopefully, I blocked it with the rabbits on the OUTSIDE of the fence!  

We have given our house a good baff before and it could use it again.  I bet your looks really nice now, Kathy! 

Anyway, emails are piling up so I gotta go.  

Have a good day everyone!  

• Like 1

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Miss Jennie, we took that train ride!  We had a wonderful time and I hope you did, too.     We did; I highly recommend it. it SNOWED several times whilst we were in Banff; Miss Kerry would have liked that!

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

I'm so behind again!  I've been miserable in a house with only 1 room air conditioner, in the bedroom.  The computer room is the hottest in the house, I think.  I'm exhausted if I'm in there for any amount of time.  It has been 95-98 for the last week.  My dog walks are cancelled.  I was supposed to just let the Peke Squad out in the little back yard, but nobody wanted to go, they wanted to go out.  So I took them 2 at a time across the street to some grass.  They were happy, and I was dripping sweat!

More good news and bad news---the email problem seems to finally be working itself out.  Things have started coming through, and we got a call from a "higher-up" at Verizon.  But on Sunday, I hit some kind of big block in my car and immediately got a flat.  I'd forgotten my phone, and had to drive about a mile home on the flat.  Even the rim was bent.  We had someone change the tire (tipped him well and gave refreshments), and the car is getting inspected tomorrow.  We'll get 2 new tires---more money.

But something to look forward to---Mary and I are planning a trip to New Orleans in October around Halloween, which is a great time to be there.  So now we're obsessed with places to stay and airfare, and everything we want to see.  I do need this trip, but Mary needs it more.  The sad thing is that she couldn't have done it if she hadn't lost Sly.

We are happy to see Lupin and Kerry back!  Hope they are staying cool too.

Ghost dogs!  Or stray dogs.....

Sending hugs to all who are missing parents.  Honestly, I don't miss my Dad.  But my Mom and stepfather, I miss a lot.

Skeery dog walks!  That really puts your heart in fibrillation when a dog comes charging at you.  Glad there were no injuries.

Oh, Zorro, you look amazingly handsome at your birthday party!  Happy 12th, guapo.  :beatheart

We watched that new Grantchester too.  I am worried---does it seem like Will and family will be moving away?

I think I am literally addicted to potato chips.  And dip.

Yay!  Lulu has been found!

Beeeeeyoutiful Miss RE Carol's garden.

Aw....Clarkie, sweet angel boy.

And Tiller will be home soon!

Ivy, you were such a good girl.  Hope that lump is not anything bad, and is easily removed.

Oh, Ducky, you poor thing! That is very scary to be helpless. I forget to have my phone with me sometimes too.  I'm so sorry for your pain---hope PT helps.

Sounds like you had a lovely trip, Jennie.

But Cindy, I'm so sad you won't be at Grapehounds.  :(

I think Kiva and I have had about as much of the heat in this room we can take for a while.  Off to the AC for a while.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

AP, I did knot bark at those Ghost dogs butt they barked at me. :wacko: They weren't exactly mean, butt neither were they friendly to either me no Ma.

Happy 91st Birfday to Miss Cindy's Daddy!  :confetti  And what a lubly gift...a neighborhood bench wif his wife's name in her honor. :yay
Miss Cindy, I am sorry for the losses and now the disappointment about Grapehounds.  I hope Mister David's heart will heal and strengthen soon so he'll be eager for a Greyhound again. :grouphug and :kiss2

Miss Nancy ob the Burg, I'm sorry that the heat is so miserable wifout enough AC. :kiss2  A trip to NOLA for you and Miss Mary will be a real treat this fall!  I'm sorry about the flat tire and the need now to buy 2 new tires. :grouphug 

Nate

Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Our house had its baf and we did KNOT habs to get a baf!   The house looks nice and bright and clean now, but the windows are dirty!  Oh well, Momma will need to get out the Windex! 

Miss Ducky, how are you feeling?

Miss Jennie, that is a nice bacation!

We did KNOT get an afternoon Wiki Walkie cuz it is just too hot!  ca1a20_1645d30bb74b431398429a6d88ba3190~ 

We will get our nighttime Wiki Walkie cuz the temprachur will be lower then!   Stay cool eberywon!

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Thanks everybuddy. When I posted about my fall down go boom incident I was already on the mend. When I roll over in bed I no longer feel like I have a rock there. Monday's PT visit was for the tech to take measurements of how much my left leg can bend and move. That twisting and turning me was ouchy but she did have to push me to the limit for record keeping purposes. Her "Oh my, your whole left leg really is weaker!" comment was accurate.  Today's visit began the exercises she wants me to do. By the time I was on the third cycle of each I was feelin' the burn but also gaining a wee bit of confidence and holding on to the bar to stay steady. Leaving the PT place my dashboard alerted me to a flat tire. Ugh. I went to the same place that worked on my CVR and whilst it was being fixed the nice young man at the counter actually wanted to hear another Ducky story. :rofl

I don't want to think about needing an emergency alert button of any kind just yet. But I am much more conscious in my body movements now.

Cindy, each time we've lost a houndie here the first thing Mac says is, "No more dogs!" It's a stab in my heart to hear that, but that's he knee-jerk reaction to his own grief. I am very fortunate that he caves when I stay I have one picked out. Telling him a sob story about the potential new houndie wins him over.

• Like 4

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Glad the bathing a house did not turn into bathing the hounds ;)

Don't suppose Cindy would go to Grapehounds without David  :dunno   How far is the drive?

Ooooo... driving on a flat is knot a good idea  :shakefinger

Too hot to do much of anything here, too.  We were lucky to have light cloud cover most of the day, so the sun was not beating down.  The Sheet Shack was actually not too bad.  I was only there for 4 hours.   The windows had a lovely breeze coming through and I have a beeg fan.   Tomorrow will be a super bizzy day - lots of check outs = lots of laundry. 

Happy that you're recovering well, Ducky.

Pap is the same - he always says 'no more dogs'.  But of course, the sweet little 3-legged ones win him over every time.  However -  I am also thinking 'no more dogs'.  We're almost 72.  Sid is almost 11, Kibo is 7 and Joshi is only 3.  I would not hesitate to take in another senior, but no more young ones.  

I'm on the last season of Dexter - I've watched the entire series twice before  :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I got nothing

Stay cool, care your cell phone when you got out, be careful of loose dogs, take care of yourselves 

Bitzi 

• Like 1

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I hate to admit this but we have been having glorious weather. High today was 71. Believe me, if I could shove some thru the uesssbee port for you all I would. 

We leave for (eventually) Glacier National Park tomorrow morning and five weeks of camping.   All the gadding around we have been doing recently has concentrated getting our act (and the little camper) together into just the last few days.  I'm too old for this!!!  I also may never move again but we're almost there. 

Miss RE Carol your gardens are gorgeous!!  Heck of a lot of work but what beautiful results. 

Ducky!!!  NonoBadDucky! Don't be doing things like that. As someone who bruises easily I sympathize with how you must have looked after that adventure. 

I'm going to see if I can drag my body to the shower. Stay upright everyone please. No more tipping over. 

Linus was taken to sleepover camp this morning. He is treated like a king and they love him which is nice. 

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

:wave

Hot and humid today and for the next week at least, or so they say.

Miss Ducky, I'm glad you were able to shake off the fall and get better quickly.  

It seems that everyone is busy busy to begin summer (not our Summer), which starts tomorrow!  That means that days will begin to grow shorter from now on and that makes me a little sad.  

Be careful everyone!  I'm going to take my book to bed; should be able to finish it tonight and maybe start the other one I have waiting.  

:wave

Miss Noo Carol

Miss Noo Carol, the weather dood tonite said the difference between hours of daylite tamarrow on the Solstiss and in Desember on the Solstiss is SEVEN hours of sunnings!!!  The actual longest day has already happened I think, but tamarrow is when the eerth is facing the rite way to the sun.

Safe travelings Miss Patsy!!

Miss Cindy, we were thinking like Mam.  Just because Mister David needs some time away from houndies does NOT mean that you hafta miss doing something you love!!  Even if it's just for a weekending away from everything just for yourownseff.  Peeples keep telling Momma that, and she knows how hard it is to akchooally do.  :kiss2  

Miss Ivy, I do not know about this baffing of the house.  It sounds like the kinda thing where the hooman thinks about it for a while and changes their tiny little mind and ends up giving a houndie baff anyways!!  <_<  :bugeye 

We did get some barbeekew porkings today!!!  :chow  And a forchoon cookie!!  :chow  I am gonna have a big social party, and Flizzie's new positive attitude is gonna make a big difference in the whirled!!!  Akkording to our forchoons anyway!!  ;) 

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!  

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!! 

:nappy   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

Happy first day of Summer! ( knot our Summer). Miss Noo Carol, that always makes Momma a leetle sad too, knowing that the days will be getting shorter now!  Bery bery slowly each day, but shorter.  But we will still enjoy the sunnyshine every day anyway!

Ivy

For the record:

• With all the bathings going on, Jupiter did not get one in spite of being at a Free dog wash last weekend.  I get some credit, right? ;)
  • I, too, love a Ducky story.
  • My mother-in-law had a "help I've fallen and can't get up" button.  She wouldn't wear it so, when she fell, she laid there for a couple of hours.
  • I nearly beat Kathy here this morning.  It took me a while to catch up from yesterday.  I am in charge of the kitchen at Crossroads today and am excited.  Been awake since 4:30.

Cindy, I am missing Grapehounds and our beloved trailer.  *sigh*  When I go to the store, everyone seems to be loading fishing gear and summer stuff into RVs and trucks and here. I. sit. :(  I've got the wanderlust.

Ducky, I'm glad you're mending.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

I’m going to catch up properly when I’m on a computer, just :wave for now. Lupin and I went out at 5AM to beat the heat. It’s going to be even hotter today, 93°F / 33°C. Absolutely beyond the pale for Maine. And we’re lucky we’re on the coast - it’s even hotter inland. It’s supposed to break today and tomorrow it will be hottish for Kerry and Lupin but normal for everyone else :lol: (77°F/25°C)

I surmise that Lupin and I would not make it beyond approximately 24 hours in the wild. :rolleyes: Thank goodness for air conditioning and the financial ability to afford it. I’ve heard that there are schools in some parts of the South that don’t have AC due to lack of funding. In the South! Unreal. Poor kids and teachers. 

Ducky, what an ordeal that fall was, I can only imagine the bruise :ohno I’m so glad that you didn’t break anything, and that you can finally sleep better. One of the things that I find bewildering as I age is how much longer it takes me to heal from mishaps. :( I don’t like it. I want a refund :lol: 

Also, thank you so much for the suggestion regarding Lupin’s growth. I looked for histiocytoma online and it does look exactly like that. My vet is closed on Wednesdays so I couldn’t call, but I’m planning to call as soon as they open today anyway because I just want to make sure that’s what it is. This morning he went to scratch himself and touched it before I could stop him, and it started bleeding. I disinfected it and it seems better now. It took him soooo long to cool down. I put a cooling bandana on him for our walk this morning and then we returned to the AC and I had two fans on him. Pant pant pant. So where does he sit on the couch? Right on top of me. Sigh. Silly penguin. 

Back in a bit to catch up on everything else.

On 6/14/2024 at 3:58 PM, 1Moregrey said:

Lupin so glad you and your mummy are back.  Tell mummy to start stashing money away and start shopping for a sibling for you.  Cause my mom is big time enabler of multiple houndies and your sibling would be spoiled and loved. 

^This is several days old, but had to mention that it made me :wub: Thank you Journey. :kiss2 

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

HotHotHot   :coffee

I might have to put the portable AC in the kitchen.  So far it’s been OK with just a fan, but now this Dome is supposed to linger through to tomorrow.  

Sid is supposed to go to school this aft but we will cancel as it does not have AC. Only one room.  

Safe travels to Patsy :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Gud Thorsday! Mom habs a meeting dis moanin, dere will be snackings, dat will make it tolerable.

Mom sez herbs schools had da a/c, but da busesss didn't. Herbs howse didn't habs it until she wuz in high school! And even den, it wuz window a/c that didn't werk too well. Now it habs central air, but Nan keeps it warm, cos she iz like an old kitteh.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Miz Ducky, I'm glad you are on the mend from your fall. :kiss2  Ma says that she understands feeling the burn on that third cycle ob reps. :D 
Hum, if you don't want an I've Fallend & I Can't Get Up pendant what about a hand held air horn thing? I bet someone would hear that!  They'd hab their own Ducky story then and you'd get some help. :nod

Bitzi, I so hear you about the I got nuffin'.  I'm a hot and tired boy these days. 

Miss Patsy is "starting to get ready to commence to begin" the trip to Glacier!  That is a fambily phrase that always provokes a grin.  Hap a wonderful camping trip!

Miss Elizabeth, you'll go GREAT at Crossroads managing the kitchen.  Those kids are gonna love the foods you provide!

It is true, Miss Kerry, that some schools even in the south don't hab AC.  They tend to be the older ones and that really does need to be corrected.  It is absolutely miserable here and I do knot know how people manage wifout AC.  :eek
My Mama was one of those lucky souls who just didn't really feel the heat.  She "glowed" when hot; I literally drip sweat.  She was never interested in turning on the AC when I was growing up, but I could count on Daddy to turn it on since he got miserable like I did. :lol:

Ma watches me when I'm outdoors in the summer heat here so that I don't hab to stay too long. Whoseagoodgirl? Ma!

Nate

14 hours ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

Pap is the same - he always says 'no more dogs'.  But of course, the sweet little 3-legged ones win him over every time.  However -  I am also thinking 'no more dogs'.  We're almost 72.  Sid is almost 11, Kibo is 7 and Joshi is only 3.  I would not hesitate to take in another senior, but no more young ones.  

This is where we are.  In fact, Doug feels even more than I do, that we would need to get another dog.  But a senior for sure.  Has anyone seen the Prison Greyhounds Facebook page?  I am obsessed with it.  The prison program was discontinued, but they place ex-blood donor dogs.  They are all retired at age 10, and when I saw that, I was really interested.  The problem is that they are in Indianapolis, and don't usually place this far out of their area.  I messaged them with lots of questions and info, and the door hasn't been closed.  Of course, it is all hypothetical right now, since we would not adopt while Angie is in such a compromised state.  We can't imagine being without her, but at 14, we realistically know that our time is getting short.  Kiva would need another dog, and I think we would too.

Elizabeth, we miss you at Grapehounds too!  It was so lovely having you at the campground, and getting to hang out and meet Merc.  We're in our same trailer again.

Ducky, that PT will really push you!  But hopefully, it will help.

Have a wonderful trip, Patsy.  Would love your weather.

Lucy, I so feel the heat as well.  It's almost embarrassing how much I sweat.

Took my car in early this morning for inspection.  :goodluck  It's going to be mid-nineties again.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Nancy, I feel for you!  It is so embarrassing to be exercising with the trainer as droplets, big droplets, of sweat fall to the mat or floor. :blush  I remember walking into a hotel lobby to meet a friend in Atlanta one summer and the desk clerk took a look at my sweaty face and offered me a chilled towel. :wow  I was so grateful.  So impressed that they had such a thing ready at the desk!  So embarrassed that it was so obvious that I needed that! :blush  But, what'cha gonna do? :D

We are gettin a break from the hots, only to have rainy rains. :angry: The lawn is reelly long as usual and my Mistress was gonna mower at leest the front lass nite, but the rains came instead. Iffen it dries up this affernoon she’s got to do it, prolly front and back, tonite cause Friday is all rain and Sattiday is part rain part too hot. Sunday would be the next chance but she’s got plans and couldn’t get to it until late in the day when it’s prolly too hot and she’s tired.

Sorry bout the tires Miss Nancy. My Mistress learnt sumthin wiff this noo car, mostly they don’t give you a spare tire anymores! :wow On accounta most folks don’t know how to change a tire nowadays. I for shore don’t and my Mistress wouldn’t tackle it either. So the noo car came wiff this fix a tire kit wiff some bottle of stuff and a pump that will somehow magically fix the tire to drive 100 miles to get fixed.

Miss Cindy, I feel so bad that you mite not go to Grapehounds. Affer all you bin thru you need to do sumthin fun that you enjoy. I theenk it shellfish of Mr Dentist to deny you that. I do theenk alla household members gots to be on board to bring a noo aminal into the house but to not take a trip like that is juss silly to this houndie.

Oh Andipants, I lubs a forchoon cookie! The one long time Chinese restyrant that Mistress liked closed a cupple months ago. She don’t like those strip mall ones that are all over the place, but she does like the Panda Express so that’s prolly my only chance for forchoon cookie from now on.

Miss Lizabeth, is today your beeg cookin day? You’re gonna do great! What’s on the menu?

Oh meetink got done early, gotta check the weather to see iffen I can get a Wiki walkie.

Wiki :ph34r

Gah! My Mistress forgot what day it was. There's anodder meetink! This one run by a woman Mistress and her friendly call the Wicked Witch. :omg And it is still kinda rainy. I peed in the backyard. :(

Edited by Jerilyn
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Catching up frum yesserday.

Happee burfday Miss Cindy's daddy!

Wiki - no POOp wuz frown on accounta she had Davey in her arms! :lol

Iz Tiller homes yet????  We are so upsited fur Miss Sherrie.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.