Greyhounds Don't Sit

That girl ain't right.  :lol  

It was so weird when I first got Milo and readied myself for another marathon of trying to teach a sit.   I backed him into a corner, put a treat up above his nose, and ...... he SAT!  I guess 1/6 coonhound was enough to overcome the no-sitting greyhound genes.  What's Willa's excuse?  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

51 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

It was so weird when I first got Milo and readied myself for another marathon of trying to teach a sit.   I backed him into a corner, put a treat up above his nose, and ...... he SAT!  I guess 1/6 coonhound was enough to overcome the no-sitting greyhound genes.  What's Willa's excuse?  

I think she harnesses secret powers in her one white toe. :nod 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Nah, she's just doing the Cobblepot sit! Excellent job, Willa! :yay

gallery_18837_3565_171972.jpg

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

1 minute ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Nah, she's just doing the Cobblepot sit! Excellent job, Willa! :yay

gallery_18837_3565_171972.jpg

Ah, that must be it! :wub:

15942909256_d9cc9ddcb1_z.jpg

*Cindy Lou Who *cough*

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

1 hour ago, ramonaghan said:

Ah, that must be it! :wub:

15942909256_d9cc9ddcb1_z.jpg

*Cindy Lou Who *cough*

:heart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

We have had seven greyhounds and they all have a done a "good sit".  Some naturally and then learned by command, and others had to be taught.  I have had three of those greyhounds earn their CGC where I was told that greyhounds don't have to sit to achieve their award.  I said my greyhounds do and they received the full certification.

Willa, you are just adorable.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

My favorite "sit" story. 

I was chatting with another customer who fancied herself a dog authority.  I had Honey and Pinky with me.  At one point she said "Greyhounds can't sit."  Pinky promptly executed a perfect sit (something I hadn't taught her). 

Greyhound 1

Self appointed expert 0

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

57 minutes ago, MarcR said:

My favorite "sit" story. 

I was chatting with another customer who fancied herself a dog authority.  I had Honey and Pinky with me.  At one point she said "Greyhounds can't sit."  Pinky promptly executed a perfect sit (something I hadn't taught her). 

Greyhound 1

Self appointed expert 0

:rofl :rofl :rofl 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

2 hours ago, MarcR said:

My favorite "sit" story. 

Greyhound 1

Self appointed expert 0

:lol 

:thumbs-up  Willa

All but one of mine - Sid the Irish - have been decent sitters.   And Kibo the Spaniard is a champion!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I've had a couple of natural sitters. Hildy was the best. She did it several times the day I met her; she was cold. :lol All of the others learned, even big Graham and wobbly Cal. 

I just love self-appointed experts. :rolleyes: 

ETA: Forgot the most important part of my reply--

Gorgeous girl. Perfect sit. :beatheart 

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Johnny came with his sitting ability, I suspect the foster dad taught him. If there was even a *hint* of a treat coming, BOOM, butt on the floor.

Roman does a Lay-down for his sit, but I'll take it. G & F only "sit" when they are scratching or getting ready to lay down. With G's pain issues, I'll let him be.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Buddy sits (propped up by the wall like a lush) when he wants his chest rubbed.

Now you’ve changed your profile picture you can see that Willa’s eyes are the same colour as Doolin’s, but they look more intense because of her colouring. One, look and that girl would get anything she wanted from me!

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

2 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

Buddy sits (propped up by the wall like a lush) when he wants his chest rubbed.

Now you’ve changed your profile picture you can see that Willa’s eyes are the same colour as Doolin’s, but they look more intense because of her colouring. One, look and that girl would get anything she wanted from me!

Drunk Buddy. :lol 

Re: eye color, yep! I recently told my husband I'd be a little sad if/when she goes white in the face, because she'll look less possessed intense. :rofl 

52631650879_27ebdbd9a6.jpg

1 hour ago, Jerilyn said:

I love her magic white toe!

My husband likes to tell her she has toilet paper caught on her shoe.

On 1/15/2023 at 2:40 PM, MarcR said:

My favorite "sit" story. 

Greyhound 1

Self appointed expert 0

:thumbs-up  :hehe

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Score 1 for Pinky!

MoMo was a natural sitter.  The boys have never opted for sitting on their own, but MoMo did it often and clearly found it comfortable.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.