At the local coffee shop...

So we recently found a local coffee shop that lets dogs in. And, they give them free pup cups! Logan was nervous the first couple times we went in, but now he runs to the door. We usually stop by on the weekend after a walk in the park, but this Sunday afternoon was hot enough we just stopped for (iced) coffee and the pup cup :-) Some gratuitous shots of him downing his pup cup:

20220612_151003-L.jpg

20220612_151009-L.jpg

20220612_151039-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

5 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Logan with his eyes narrowed in enjoyment is just SO CUTE!

What's in the pup cup?  

Whipped cream, a small dog treat on top, and they add some sweetener, I think it is caramel. Basically their version of the Starbucks puppucdino.

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

What a nice idea - and Logan clearly thinks so too! :wub:

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

That face! :wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Way to go Logan! Nice score. 

Mark thinks that coffee is the ultimate treat, so he would want the iced coffee. . 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

2 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

Mark thinks that coffee is the ultimate treat, so he would want the iced coffee. . 

Delivered.

:lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

1 hour ago, Time4ANap said:

Way to go Logan! Nice score. 

Oh, he wants my coffee too! The pup cup is small and I usually get a large iced coffee. So he finishes by the time I've had two or three sips of the coffee, and then he tries to go for my coffee.

Actually, I drink decaf nowadays, so I suppose a little bit of coffee would be ok for him?

Rob

2 hours ago, rsieg said:

Oh, he wants my coffee too! The pup cup is small and I usually get a large iced coffee. So he finishes by the time I've had two or three sips of the coffee, and then he tries to go for my coffee.

Actually, I drink decaf nowadays, so I suppose a little bit of coffee would be ok for him?

One of the first things that Rocket did after his arrival as our first hound was take a few big slurps from my coffee cup when I wasn't looking. I always had to watch my cup after that. We didn't have another hound that wanted coffee until Mark arrived and again, one of his first mornings here I heard a slurping noise in the general direction of my coffee mug. :lol  I usually let both of them finish off a tiny bit in the bottom of the mug or they would both lick out the empty mug when I wasn't looking.  As long as they aren't drinking half a mug it will be fine. 

There was someone here on GT years ago who had multiple hounds that would go outside to have their morning coffee. I have no idea who the person or the hounds were, but there were pics of the hounds drinking from their mugs which were placed on the bench of a picnic table to be at the correct height for them. Their owner would put a tiny bit of coffee in each mug and they made a big production about going out each morning to have their coffee. The pictures were awesome. 

Edited by Time4ANap
typo
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Logan :beatheart

Nothing like a little whipped cream to make a scary place enjoyable. :lol: 

I've had a few Greys that had a taste for coffee, including my first (Betsy). I've never known whether it was the coffee or the cream that they enjoyed.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Logan :wub:. Buddy loves the smell of coffee but, like Rocket, he decided to sneak some of mine just after he came to live with us. Unfortunately the coffee was very hot and he burnt his tongue so now he just sniffs and licks his lips.

I had a recipe for homemade puppacinos, which involved whipping coconut milk and pumpkin purée together. It went down very well!

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

Different packs that I've had resulted in different customs but they all seem to enjoy a little coffee after their breakfast. Never found a single hound that didn't.  I will make up some extra for them and put in some sweet cream and stevia sweetner.  I give each dog around 2 ounces in a small bowl but have given them more on occasion. I believe it is good for them.  I use the stevia because thats what I use and there’s some evidence to suggest that stevia may help fight or prevent some types of cancer. According to a 2012 studyTrusted Source, a glycoside called stevioside found in stevia plants helps boost cancer cell death in a human breast cancer line. Stevioside may also help decrease some mitochondrial pathways that help cancer grow. A 2013 studyTrusted Source supported these findings. It found that many stevia glycoside derivatives were toxic to specific leukemia, lung, stomach, and breast cancer cell lines. It is also been shown to reduce colesterol.  After they enjoy their coffee we all roo for a greyt start to the day :paw So happy Logan enjoys this human treat. Maybe he can spread the word to other houndies and their peeps.

they made a big production about going out each morning to have their coffee. 

The morning coffee ritual is sacred to all creatures.  :nod 

Nothing like a little whipped cream to make a scary place enjoyable.

Maybe dentist offices could take a cue from this?  

If I drop a coffee bean when grinding, Gelsey makes a beeline and crunches it up.  That girl makes a broom obsolete.  

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

51 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

If I drop a coffee bean when grinding, Gelsey makes a beeline and crunches it up.  That girl makes a broom obsolete.  

A girl Cletus KLTO would be proud of! :lol

Our pups better not see this. Neither Dave or I drink coffee so I don’t want them to know how deprived they are :lol

We also don’t eat French fries, marshmallows or whipped cream. We are such baaaad humans :lol I better start making frozen treats or Simon and Emmy willing be kicking us out. :lol 

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Simon and Emmy don't care that you don't eat those things.  You can always just buy them and save them for the dogs.  :)  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

18 hours ago, greytpups said:

Our pups better not see this. Neither Dave or I drink coffee so I don’t want them to know how deprived they are :lol

We also don’t eat French fries, marshmallows or whipped cream. We are such baaaad humans :lol I better start making frozen treats or Simon and Emmy willing be kicking us out. :lol 

I think I will be joining you in being kicked out. I'm even worse as I do drink coffee, eat French fries and partial to a marshmallow with or without whipped cream but I have never given Grace or Guinness any.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time