Lavida says - Fool me once, shame one me....

Miss Lavida had quite the day yesterday.  She says that in retrospect (her word, not mine) she should have known that something was up when Mom snuck up behind her in the morning with the Binford Peemaster 9000 and stole some of her morning pee.  Then she took some poo too, but since she seems to put that in bags and save it she didn't think much of it. 

Then Mom took her for a walk.  As she was walking, a gray van pulled up, the hatch opened up and Lavida was dognapped like a bad action movie. (It was the GPA lady.)  Lavida protested and said "Wait, I haven't had my @(%$#((%# breakfast." 

The GPA lady took her to the bettermarian. IT WAS KNOT A FUN DAY! 

Miss Lavida had 3 teeth removed and had her overall vet check so that she can stay here forebber forever.  Her breath is much, much better and that nasty broken tooth that looked kind of painful is now gone.  DW picker her up at the vet, and when she got home Miss Lavida was so out of it that she couldn't figure out how to make her legs work to get out of the car.  Eventually, Daddyman lifted her out of the car and helped her into the house.  Mark was extremely happy to see her, as he spect the day pacing and talking because she was not here. He was definitely worried. 

Lavida spent most of the evening with Mark being her Doctor, right next to her, and eventually, after many hours of snooze she worked her way slowly to the water bowl and drank a little, went outisde, and came back in to find the magical canned chicken food in her bowl. She snarfed it down.  She then slept through the night, and we went outside at about 530 this AM. When she came back in, that magical chicken was in the bowl again. She snarfed it down again. 

Lavida is doing great today and we just went for a walk. I promised her that I would protect her from gray vans if she would go. 

She also kind of likes this canned food thing. 

When my signature changes you will know that she is "officially" here.

Some pics: 

Doctor Mark in attendance. 

bTpjzEC.jpg

Lavida has been giving me the "I'm watching you'' look all day. I think Petunia passed that one on to her. 

PCHqL8b.jpg

This was taken a few days ago. Mark and Lavida have been bonding. In this picture, his paw was on her ear for about half an hour. They are definitely looking out for each other, but she is really bossy. (Seems familair somehow) 

sWiDpor.jpg

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

She is so pretty. :wub: Glad all went well and she is receiving the care from Dr. Mark she deserves! Congrats to all.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

:beatheart :beatheart

She didn’t lose any french fry chewing toofers did she? :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

18 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

:beatheart :beatheart

She didn’t lose any french fry chewing toofers did she? :lol

What is the "chewing" you refer to? 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:beatheart   Oh. My. Goodness.   :beatheart

Lavida...you have hit the jackpot!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Oooo Lavida, it won't be long now. Your Daddyman's signature will change and the GT cheers will be heard all over. Maybe some magical chicken will slide into your bowl during the celebration.

:goodluck 

I love that you and Mark are bonding. :beatheart 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

5 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Isn't chewing what a vacuum cleaner does?

Looks like Lavida has landed on her feet, tummy, sides and back :D

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Waiting for that siggy change.  :wife

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

10 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

:lol :thumbs-up

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day for Lavida.  Except for the magical chicken thing.  Did Mark get some, too, as payment for his excellent health care provider skills?  

Did Mark nurse Diva in her last illness?  

What gorgeous dogs they both are.  

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

2 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

What a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day for Lavida.  Except for the magical chicken thing.  Did Mark get some, too, as payment for his excellent health care provider skills?  

Did Mark nurse Diva in her last illness?  

What gorgeous dogs they both are.  

Mark got some just to keep him out of Lavida's bowl. :lol

Diva never knew that she was sick. Other than the limp, she was acting normal and still wanted to do everything and go everywhere. We had to opt for "a day too early" to avoid a catastrophic injury after the x-ray confirmed what we suspected and the limp started getting worse. He stayed by Diva's side that day, so I think he knew. They were very bonded.