Aiden's Dental Today

The last thing I wanted to do was to have 12.2 yo Aiden have to deal with anesthesia again. This poor guy has been under more times than we can count. But some weird tongue issue and the cesspool that is his mouth need to be taken care of. I'm going to take this opportunity to give his other appendage, his Buffalo Chikken, a bath.

My good boy :heart Spare thoughts and healing light appreciated, thank you.

May be an image of dog

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Jan, all my  good thoughts are with you and Aiden for his dental.  He will be so happy to get back home with his Buffalo Chicken.  Give him a big hug for me.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Trotting bakanforfbakanforfbakanforf for Aiden! 

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:goodluck

All our fingers, toes, paws and hooves are crossed for sweet Aiden   

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Sending good thoughts! 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

1 hour ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

:goodluck

All our fingers, toes, paws and hooves are crossed for sweet Aiden   

Sooo many crossings! :wub:

Thank you everyone! All your good vibes certainly helped on this very long day. Aiden will be discharged in a couple of hours! I canKNOT wait to have my young man back home. I hope he won't be too cranky with me for giving his Buffalo Chikken that bath :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Sending leans and stinky kisses to Aiden from Cousin Sweep! And hugs and virtual adult beverages from her mom to his. :grouphug 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Get well soon, Aiden. Tell mom to get you a big fat ice cream to keep down the swelling. 

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

I hope he's now home, comfortable, and at least considering forgiving you.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Just now seeing this.  I'm glad that all went well.  Let us know how he's doing.

If he asks about Buffalo Chicken smellling different, you can tell him that's just from the anesthesia. :lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

While the dental needed to be done, today was very difficult for Aiden. He lost four toofers and there was much ropey saliva initially but that seems to have quieted down. He’s had his meds and some water but isn’t yet interested in noms of any kind. He hobbled out to pee and is sleeping now in Bug’s Healing Camp :wub:

Thank you for checking in on the young man. :bighug

1 hour ago, FiveRoooooers said:

While the dental needed to be done, today was very difficult for Aiden. He lost four toofers and there was much ropey saliva initially but that seems to have quieted down. He’s had his meds and some water but isn’t yet interested in noms of any kind. He hobbled out to pee and is sleeping now in Bug’s Healing Camp :wub:

Thank you for checking in on the young man. :bighug

Poor guy. Once he sleeps it off he will be ready to chow down.  Hang in there Aiden (and Mom) 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

How is Aiden this morning? 

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Thanks for checking in on Aiden this morning. It was a bit of a rough night until he slept. He's turned down all noms but did take a particular canned food this morning which got his meds into him. Today will be a quiet, transition day as he becomes less wobbly and more himself. His doc called late last night with the report - it was five toofers that were pulled - two were ankylosed and causing the weird tongue issue, ugh. So while I really hated to put him through another proc, this was a good call.

Annie Oooh M chose a spot on the floor between Aiden's nest and mine on the couch - channeling Aiden's BFF angel Paddy? :beatheart

We lubs you, Aiden (thank you for teaching me the word "ankylosed"--ouch!). Sweep says don't hesitate to play "Let's Make a Deal" until you get the tastiest offer.

Annie Oooh M, you're a good nurse. Paddy would be proud. :wub: Hang in there, Mom! :grouphug 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart