Sweep Has A New Brother!

ramonaghan

Meet Momo!

46213159645_c47500880c_z.jpg

(Sorry, were you expecting a greyhound? :neener )

Since our cat Henry died almost two years ago, I've been desperately missing a big snuggly boy cat. I love my girls to death, but Olive cat's affection is given on her own terms, and Sweep is not one for snuggling, though she's the sweetest when she's upright (or leaning!). And the bonded pair of stray cats we feed are really more of the "dine and dash" type. :lol So, I've been casually looking at shelters the past few months and Momo popped up this past week. We went to see him yesterday and learned that he had been reluctantly surrendered by his mom, a Japanese woman who had worked with the shelter for a long time, because she was moving back to Japan as a result of a very ugly divorce. Momo (Japanese for "peach") was clearly very nervous in the shelter environment, so he came home with us! He will be 10 on March 2, so he's right between Olive and Sweep. We've been going slowly with introductions, but Sweep has been such a good girl. Olive...um, well, Olive will come around in time. :angryfire Momo is making himself right at home, and I'm so happy to have him here! So far I have learned he is a talker, a head booper, and a faucet drinker. He is also my first long-haired cat, so I gotta figure out some grooming stuff...

32185152927_382ae03d9b_z.jpg

32185152617_54ce732c45_z.jpg

47074903372_963ccd1087_z.jpg

Thanks for looking!

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Don't know what it is about the sink. When I go to my FIL's house, I have to wash my hands in the kitchen because each bathroom has a cat sleeping in the sink. :bgeorge

Congratulations!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Congrats! That's a good lookin' boy kitty.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

The last picture :rofl

Welcome home Momo! Peach boy :heart Sorry about the circumstances but you could knot have landed in a better new home. Olive will come around. But sweetie, you gotta stay out of Sweeps bed!

:yay

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thanks, everyone!

Don't know what it is about the sink. When I go to my FIL's house, I have to wash my hands in the kitchen because each bathroom has a cat sleeping in the sink. :bgeorge

Ha! This is my first sink enthusiast. I went to wash my hands last night and he jumped right up and starting licking the water from the tap.

Welcome home Momo! Peach boy :heart Sorry about the circumstances but you could knot have landed in a better new home. Olive will come around. But sweetie, you gotta stay out of Sweeps bed!

At least while she's in it! :lol Otherwise, Olive says all dog beds are fair game. :rules

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

Welcome Momo! My mom has one just about the same color and hair. He doesnt have a thick undercoat, so he mats mainly under the front legs. A furminator or kong brush should do. Oh, and hairball treatment is a must!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

He is beautiful! I hope someone at the shelter can contact the former owner and let her know he's found a great home.

he is a talker, a head booper, and a faucet drinker

Really, what else could you want? Welcome home, Momo!

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Congrats! He’s a real beauty and the best age for a cat.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Welcome Momo! My mom has one just about the same color and hair. He doesnt have a thick undercoat, so he mats mainly under the front legs. A furminator or kong brush should do. Oh, and hairball treatment is a must!

Thanks! We had a furminator session a little while ago...hard to do when he's rolling around and pawing for pets. Silly boy. I will pick up some hairball treatment for him.

He is beautiful! I hope someone at the shelter can contact the former owner and let her know he's found a great home.

I plan to let the shelter know they can give her our email address, or we'd be happy to take hers if she wants updates on him. Can't imagine how hard it was to let him go! He's obviously been well loved and cared for.

Congratulations!!!

He is extraordinarily handsome. He seems to be settling in beautifully, Olive notwithstanding.

:beatheart

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Thank you again, everyone! Olive's hissing a bit less already and explored Momo's room while he was test-driving her bed, so we are making some progress. Hopefully they'll be buddies instead of merely tolerating each other. :goodluck

Edited by ramonaghan

We are back from the vet for Momo's post-adoption follow-up and "get on the books" visit. He got a clean bill of health and charmed everyone.

And we have conquered Level 1, synchronized naps (KNOT with Olive yet):

46444747394_c99f1bec8d_z.jpg

Also, I think every Momo should come with a vacuum. :lol

Edited by ramonaghan

Awww :beatheart I have a friend that adopted a 10yr old returned cat. It took her resident cat a few weeks to stop hissing, but she caught Newton grooming Tater the other day, so it just takes a little time :)

Thanks. I know it's early days still, but I do feel bad for both cats. Momo's so curious and Olive's so :devil. I know she's mostly scared. Been a while since I've gone through this process! Vet said it usually takes about a month. Patience is not my strong suit! :lol

Excellent update :yay

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Momo!! :beatheart

He's fuzzy like my big boy Merlin!

I use the metal brush on Merlin... tried the rubber one with the points and it works better with short-haired cats...

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)

• 2 weeks later...