Please Welcome Lola!

LaFlaca

After losing our girl, Wendy, last week DH and I desperately needed to fill the Greyhound shaped hole in our hearts. So, we drove out to Friends of Greyhounds ~ Hi, Michelle and Jerry! ~ to see if any of the available hounds would be a good match.

Happily, we made a love connection with Lola! Lola is a big, shiny black girl with a white blaze on her chest, white tipped HB's Commander tail and 4 white paws. She was formerly known as AMF Won't Forget. Her sire is DJays Octane and her dam is CTW Wild Flower. Lola turned 2 years old on April 29th of this year.

She did very well her first night home and we look forward to seeing her true self shine through.

If I can figure out how to post pix I'll post as soon as I take some of her.

Welcome home sweet Lola!

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Lola! Welcome home :wub: Congrats and :bighug 's to your peeps

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Congrats and welcome Lola. Looking forward to see some pictures. 😄

Edited by smurfette

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Welcome home Lola! Someone posted on another thread this link to an image hosting site - I bookmarked it as it looks nice and easy to use and has no ads, but haven't tried it yet. Maybe your mum will be braver: https://postimages.org/

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Welcome home Lola! Someone posted on another thread this link to an image hosting site - I bookmarked it as it looks nice and easy to use and has no ads, but haven't tried it yet. Maybe your mum will be braver: https://postimages.org/

DocsDoctor ~ Thanks for the lovely welcome and for the image hosting site link! So far, I've tried imgur, tinypic and Flickr with no success. This should not be so difficult! :riphair Off to try postimages.org.

Everyone, your welcoming words mean so much - thank you! Lola is doing well. No accidents in the house, no destructive behavior. She has rejected her crate and now much prefers her dog beds which took her very much by surprise the first time she climbed on. Lola was startled by the poofyness, I guess, and flew off the bed like a rocket! I tried hard not to laugh. :haha

On Sunday morning, a huge thunderstorm rolled over our house at about 6:30 a.m. Needless to say, that totally ruined breakfast for my poor, terrified girl. She was so scared that she tried to climb into the (open) refrigerator! Again, I tried really hard not to laugh. :rolleyes:

Odd Greyhound thing ~ Lola has climbed up on DH's desk 3 times. :dunnoThis girl is going to be fun!

P.S. Please, God, make her stop farting soon! :wow:puke

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Welcome, Lola!

<<Lola was startled by the poofyness, I guess, and flew off the bed like a rocket! I tried hard not to laugh. :haha >>

A girl's gotta get used to the good life.

<<Odd Greyhound thing ~ Lola has climbed up on DH's desk 3 times. :dunnoThis girl is going to be fun!>>

Her name was Lola, she was a show girl .. Also reminds me of a girl named Loca ...

<<P.S. Please, God, make her stop farting soon! :wow:puke >>

Maybe Wendy had a paw in Lola's selection -- just to keep you on your toes :lol

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Congratulations to you and Lola! She sounds like an absolute gem. I believe my Pearl is from the same trainer (Thomas Ferris)- her name was AMF Repo Girl when she came to the rescue. Perhaps they're distant relatives!

Her trainer was Bryan Fulginiti and her owner was Thomas Ferris. What a small world! Do you know what AMF stands for?

No luck at all posting pictures. Tried imgur, Flickr, tinypic, postimages. All I get is an X-in-a-box. I will keep trying. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. :dunno Even my son couldn't figure it out.

Edited by LaFlaca

<<Odd Greyhound thing ~ Lola has climbed up on DH's desk 3 times. :dunnoThis girl is going to be fun!>>

Her name was Lola, she was a show girl .. Also reminds me of a girl named Loca ...

Loca :beatheart

Finally able to post a photo! Here's my Lola encountering a TV for the first time. It was an episode of Planet Earth replete with squeaking, squawking images of... PREY! Thankfully, she did not charge the screen!

Lola%20Meets%20the%20TV_zpsvu5sn5p3.jpg

Guest goofydog2

That particular bit of 'prey' she'd be better off not engaging!

Welcome to the both of you and I'm sure we're all looking forward to stories and pics of her settling in to you family.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome home Lola. Sounds like you've found yourself a gem of a forever home.

I just adopted a black beauty myself and I'm having so much fun getting to know her.

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)