Guest soylette

Guest soylette

After a long struggle, I decided to put my 15 year old greyhound Suki to sleep. She could have probably lived physically another few to several months, but was quickly deteriorating (physically and mentally). I'd been carrying her up and down the stairs for about 6 months. She started to fall down when peeing occasionally and also was becoming incontinent and having accidents in the house even though I took her out about 8-10x a day. What made me make the decision was that she was having fear/anxiety spells- walking in circles, panting. I wanted her to be free from any fear and discomfort. Her appetite was good and in her last days I was making some ridiculous meals for her (bison with shrimp, steak and fish, chicken with hotdogs, cakes that she loved but never was allowed to have more than a tiny taste of, etc). The house feels so empty today. After the vet came to the house and gave her the injections I cleaned everything, hoping it would make today easier. I had forgotten her water bowl and stand outside and it still had a blueberry floating in it because she spits them out of her food. I just melted down and I miss her so much.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfj5kcaymfldum0/suki_2017_720.mov?dl=0

I am so sorry for your loss. We basically had to make the same decision for our nearly 13 year old Paul. His heart and appetite were good but his body was failing him.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry. I put my 13-year-old Sam to sleep four years ago today.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Run pain free, Suki. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm so sorry. Your video was beautiful, as your Instagram posts have been. Your love for her was evident in everything you did for her, including that last, hardest thing. Rest well, Suki.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I'm so sorry that it was time to let your beautiful Suki go to the Bridge.

Being able to to that at the right time, which it was, takes a lot of courage and inner strength.

it is an unspoken promise we make to them that we will never let them suffer when life becomes too hard. You delivered on that for your Suki.

Tears of grief are healing tears... respectful tears. Take your time, those happy memories will surely come back without being painful

:bighug

Such beautiful pictures of a girl who enjoyed her life with you.

I have added Suki's name to the list of Bridge Angels here on Greytalk's remembrance section.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Your beautiful girl. What a gift to have had those years together but how this hurts. Someone once offered me that missing someone is a way of keeping them with us, even when they are not. I hope you may eventually find some comfort in that as you look inside your heart and remember your Suki. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, precious girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry.

Godspeed Suki.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Suki is well loved, that is easy to see in your beautiful tribute. So sorry for your loss. Rest easy good girl.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Godspeed your special Suki girl. She was clearly loved, and lived such a full life with you.

I can only imagine the huge void you must be feeling in your heart and home. May your memories of your deep bond with Suki provide some comfort through this most difficult time, and live forever in your heart.

I'm amazed at your strength to create such a lovely memorial montage, and your song selection was perfect. :brokenheart:weep

:f_pink:gh_lay:f_pink

My heart is breaking for you. :grouphug The tribute and movie are moving and beautiful. The blueberry was 'wow.' All of it only fitting for such a beautiful lady as Suki- who herself was WOW. Perhaps this message from a bridge angel to his person will bring some comfort as it is indeed true:

"The love is bigger than the pain. I know your heart is breaking terribly. But I promise you that your pain will subside over time, and our love, our love not only will survive, it will be stronger. Someday the horrible pain will be a memory of deep sadness but our love will still be vibrant and alive. Love is always bigger than pain. When you are hurting, reach for the love and I promise you will feel better."

:f_red:f_pink :f_pink :f_red:gh_run