Tanzi Loses Her Leg Tomorrow

Sweet girl!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Tanzi, you are beautiful! But no lik-lik, then you'll have to wear a cone of shame!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Aww, she is looking so good and happy!

I would keep an eye on the red area though - I can't remember whether she is still on abx... Might not be a bad idea to keep some colloidal silver on it and cover it with a t-shirt (my vet's first line of defense when it was obvious Twiggy had an infection in her suture line)

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

I used Bitter Yuck for Mazy's cut leg. Worked way better than Bitter Apple plus it doesn't sting.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I took the girls for a walk at the D&R canal in Lambertville yesterday. it's nice and flat. And has a good distance marker (A bridge) to go to and turn around. We walked all the way there then stopped at the bridge, watching the river underneath, greeting a few people that passed by and listened to the ooo's and aaaah's for the "pretty girls in their Christmas collars". Then we turned around to go back to the car. While this is not a fenced in area, it's actually pretty good to let dogs off leash safely. They'd have to run a mile in order to get off the path which has the river on one side and the canal on the other. So I took Tanzi off leash to let her go at her own pace and so the leash clip wouldn't constantly hit her in the face as she hopped.

I was trying to judge her tiredness by how well she kept up and thought the distance to the bridge and back was 'just right". Well, we're heading back to the crossing over the canal that leads to the parking lot and instead of turning right over that, Tanzi barreled straight ahead. She wanted nothing to do with ending her walk too early. Straight ahead was just a continuation of the canal path that also would go for miles before another canal crossing. So I wasn't worried about losing her. Just chasing her!!!

Luckily, I was able to catch up to this new tripod when she stopped to sniff some pee-mail.

There is no stopping this girl. And I was so worried about her being able to adjust. Boy did she prove me wrong. She's shoving me out of the way and saying "Out of the way Mom, I got a lot of living to do!"

Tanzi, you are superb! :pepper

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

:clap

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I think getting her used to a wagon as soon as possible is a great idea. Tanzi is an independent girl, & probably resistant to such things.

From my experience, now is the best possible time to train her to use a wagon or stroller.

I wish I had the foresight to do that with Twiggy years ago.

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Tanzi does allow me to pull her around the house on her bed. (I have wood floors) So I'm hoping I can tire her out enough to put her in the wagon on a bed and pull her around.

That Twit, by the way, went down the basement stairs! I had planned to do that when I thought she had built up enough muscle in her front leg and was really used to being a tripod. But she had different plans.

I heard a thump, thump, thump and saw her standing on the landing. She didn't fall, but it was not a graceful descent. I had to help her back up.