Tanzi Loses Her Leg Tomorrow

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah! Awesome! But you know the :rules . :digicam

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Today she went for her first real walk. This tiny park is 10 miles away (I pass it going to work each day) and not worth the gas when I had two healthy girls. But it's the perfect size for a new tripod. She was tired by the time we got back to the car.

As soon as I log into a computer instead of this tablet I can post pix.

Photobucket is being a snit today (probably because it's cyber Monday), so no uploads of the pix I have of Tanzi today. I'll try later.

But she's roaching, crying out less. (I don't know if these crying episodes are phantom pain or the stitches pulling...she still has them). She's doing the 6 steps to go outside and into the garage. (no ramp for her!) She jumps in and out of the SUV and onto and off my bed.

There is no stopping her!

:bounce2 Tanzi the unstoppable!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Anyone else having problems uploading to Photobucket? Each time I try I have to relog in. Then when I click upload, I have to relog in again.

I wanted to post a few pix of Tanzi, so show how well she's doing.

Yes, dopey PB. Once you get in the home page looks different. Perhaps their upgrade is the rate-limiting step, argh

Can't wait to see pics of your sweet girl!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

She had her final meds Tues and is just going and going. No ramp, no help, nothing. The only thing that so far has changed is that she no longer wants to snuggle with me on the sofa at night, but go to bed early. She used to be a Velcro dog. Always there.

She gets her stitches out Sat and her first chemo is next Friday. Going to be a LONG day. 3 1/2 hrs out. 3 hrs there and 3 1/2 hrs back. We have her second one scheduled already too. Since I'm coming back from W V, the hospital is on the way. So by stopping halfway home, I'll save myself an extra drive.

She had her final meds Tues and is just going and going. No ramp, no help, nothing. The only thing that so far has changed is that she no longer wants to snuggle with me on the sofa at night, but go to bed early. She used to be a Velcro dog. Always there.

She gets her stitches out Sat and her first chemo is next Friday. Going to be a LONG day. 3 1/2 hrs out. 3 hrs there and 3 1/2 hrs back. We have her second one scheduled already too. Since I'm coming back from W V, the hospital is on the way. So by stopping halfway home, I'll save myself an extra drive.

3 hours for chemo?? Taylor had Carboplatin, once a month for 4 months. He would have blood drawn when he arrived, and around 10 minutes later, they would have the results. Administering the chemo IV would take maybe 5 minutes. We were usually in and out of there in 30 minutes or less.

I was told about 2 hrs for the chemo and one for observation. Hopefully, the time will shorten. Otherwise, I'll have to spend the night. 7 hrs driving and 3 hrs sitting makes for a too LONG of a day.

But I've chosen to go out there because I am convinced my local vets who are not oncologist and never claimed to be, did it incorrectly the first time.

There are plenty of places to keep you busy if you would like-Barnes and noble, Perkins.. all within minutes of the clinic. Remember if your too tired to drive there's always the deal at the Best Western (wonderful rooms and they have a pool!)

So glad she's doing so well!

Edited by tbhounds

3 hours for chemo?? Taylor had Carboplatin, once a month for 4 months. He would have blood drawn when he arrived, and around 10 minutes later, they would have the results. Administering the chemo IV would take maybe 5 minutes. We were usually in and out of there in 30 minutes or less.

Dude was always at the hospital at least half a day, and sometimes longer, for his chemo. The staff put a bed and blankie in their break room for him to hang out on while he was dripping and waiting. He LOVED going for his chemo!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Finally, here are some pix of Tanzi. At one week post op with the T shirt on, then without the T shirt is just after her stitches were removed last night.

She's been licking that red line, so I hope it doesn't get infected. I'm watching it carefully (and have it covered today to keep her from licking it.

tanzi%20naked%202_zpsr62oywsq.jpg

She must think it's Halloween instead of Christmas, as here she's playing the Headless Hound.(actually, she was playing with the toy and turned her head just as I snapped it.)

Tanzi%20headless_zpsknbpfxau.jpg

And eating her much beloved Sunday morning egg breakfast.

Tanzi%20eating_zpsdtzqhloh.jpg