Tanzi Loses Her Leg Tomorrow

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope all goes well for you

, Tanzi and the Drs. today. Speedy recovery good girl.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

sending prayers :hope :Hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:grouphug Sending hugs :grouphug

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Glad she's done with that part!

The first two weeks are the hardest. {{{hugs}}}

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Wishing your darling girl all the best.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I'm so glad to hear she is out of surgery and recovering.

Front leg, correct? I do believe this is a more difficult surgery for recovery, but (in my opinion, only) easier over the long-haul. Do remember the fear-reaction screaming when getting up from laying down is pretty normal in front-leg amp recoveries - terrifying at first, but it goes away over 2-3 weeks.

Hang in there, you can both do this!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

I called later last night. They said they had gotten her up a couple of times to go outside. She's wobbly as expected, and didn't do her business. But just to be up and out on the same day as the surgery is a plus.

She did cry out earlier.......maybe from pain or from fear. But they said she's adapting.

I should get a call today from the doctor. Yesterday he said Thur or Fri if everything goes well. I can't get out of work until Sat. So I'll leave Sat morning.

I don't suppose there're any NJ peeps feel like keeping me company?

I just got another update this morning. Dr. Koshko said that she's showing a little spunk today. She's now eating. The edema is decreasing, having peaked yesterday. There's still a little oozing but he said that's to be expected. They've taken her outside using a sling and she seems to be doing well.

I should have no problem bringing her home Sat. They are going to let me borrow a sling for a few weeks. I'll bring it back when I have her first chemo. I will be taking her all the way out there for the chemo, because when I had my local vets do it for Dima, I think they did the first one incorrectly. I lost Dima to kidney disease and OS in a hind leg. I think the kidney disease was caused by the first chemo. So, I'll go out to Metzgers for it, as they have done it many times on greys.

Edited by MP_the4pack

Good update. Glad she is perking up, and I'm sure she will continue to do so when she's back home with you. Hope all goes well this weekend.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart