Tanzi Loses Her Leg Tomorrow

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's home!

She was brighter and more alert than I expected. She wanted to jump into the car but I wouldn't let her. She didn't want to do the ramp. So we lifted her in. She settled for the ride home but because she drank a ton of water just before we left I did stop halfway home. She was motoring around. I had a hard time keeping up.

Good thing I closed off the steps to outside from the deck. When we got home she barreled through the dog door. Luckily she does do the outside ramp. She really had to poo.

You'd think she'd be tired at this point but she kept shadowing me. She WANTED DINNER!!

A full tummy, a couple of outside potty breaks and a wad of pain meds (15 pills a day!) and she's sound asleep.

Sounds like a good homecoming!

Front leg amps usually have to go faster than back leg amps. I think mostly because they get around easier by bulding up momentum!

The first thing our boy did on coming home was ZOOM around the backyard (I nearly died!) and poop!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I'm happy that Tanzi is home Mary Pat. Continued prayers for her.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

That is great news!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

She's laying on both sides. But does cry out in pain when she not positioned well. I had to dump her off the dog bed last night to help her up. She prefers that to me trying to find a place on her body to hold and lift.

As far as using a sling? Poo on that.

And she keeps jumping onto my very high bed. DAMMIT!

The bandage came off this morning and the thundershirt put on. I think that's a great idea. Use a thundershirt to protect the site. I have a cut up T shirt under it for any oozing as that's easier to clean or toss.

Edited by MP_the4pack

MP, these are wonderful updates! :bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Super! It's so funny when vets tell you to keep a pet calm after surgery... :hehe

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Would doggie stairs leading up to your bed be useful instead of a large leap? Perhaps a bunch of stable pillows stacked up to give her a bit of a step up?

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Would doggie stairs leading up to your bed be useful instead of a large leap? Perhaps a bunch of stable pillows stacked up to give her a bit of a step up?

I have a very small bedroom, stairs won't fit. I have 3 dog beds stacked hoping if I don't catch her, at least it'll be a soft landing. I'm going to look for an ottoman that wouldn't slide on wood floors.

She's laying on both sides. But does cry out in pain when she not positioned well. I had to dump her off the dog bed last night to help her up. She prefers that to me trying to find a place on her body to hold and lift.

As far as using a sling? Poo on that.

And she keeps jumping onto my very high bed. DAMMIT!

The bandage came off this morning and the thundershirt put on. I think that's a great idea. Use a thundershirt to protect the site. I have a cut up T shirt under it for any oozing as that's easier to clean or toss.

Fantastic! Sounds just like Twiggy!

I taped a large non-stick absorbent wound pad to the inside of Twiggy's t-shirts in the most "leaky" wound areas. That really helped.

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Fantastic! Sounds just like Twiggy!

I taped a large non-stick absorbent wound pad to the inside of Twiggy's t-shirts in the most "leaky" wound areas. That really helped.

She's currently not oozing. The incision itself looks great. It she is still really purple. And there's still a bit of edema.