Tanzi Loses Her Leg Tomorrow

From that description, it does sound like you'll be able to get her used to a wagon pretty quickly - that's great!

I had to laugh about the stairs, too. When she came home, I was pretty comfortable with her going upstairs by herself after just a few assisted tries, but I wasn't ready for her to go down by herself. Too risky.

So one evening, at bedtime, I told Twiggy "okay - upstairs"... She knew what that meant, but apparently she knew even then that she was more comfortable going down stairs than up; so she turned the other direction and ran downstairs instead! I nearly had a heart attack, but she did them perfectly. No more down stairs training for her!!

I'm so happy to hear how great Tanzi is doing - sounds like she is very quickly returning to normal life!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanzi had her forth chemo yesterday. Today was the first time after a chemo that she didn't want her breakfast. She's a massive food hound. So I gave her cerenia today. She's still active and eating cookies, but she's just not as sparky.

We have two more. For those that have gone through this, should I expect her to feel worse on the last two?

Reading this is so heartening, thank you for sharing your and Tanzi's journey. Bowie began her journey 10 days ago when she had her right front leg and shoulder amputated. They kept her at the hospital for 5 days. The vet wanted to make sure she was completely ambulatory before she left. She was! We rode home in my friend's van, Bowie tried to ride shot gun. Reading through your updates has been incredibly helpful. Thank you for sharing! How old is Tanzi?

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Bowie is also 9. She'll be 10 near the end of April. She's a very muscular happy girl. She has staples instead of stiches, it really hurts her when she lays on the amputation side. It kills me to hear her cry.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014