My Boy Taylor

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Today is 11 months after being diagnosed with Osteo in Taylor's right front wrist, and it is 8 months after amputation.

The other evening, after having a 2 hour after dinner nap, I let the hounds out in the back yard.

Taylor was at the far end of the yard.

All of a sudden, he went FLYING past me almost the whole length of the yard (around 150') and was pouncing on something in the grass.

I yelled out "DROP IT!!!!!" and I went to get closer to him.

I was afraid it was one of those idiot squirrels that try to commit suicide in the back yard.

Taylor did drop it. It was a little mouse that then ran the 2 feet to the wooden privacy fence, ran up the fence, and then up a tree.

Taylor was SOOOOOOO happy with himself. He was prancing all over the yard.

Just like the almost 4 years with me, he loves and demands to go out for rides and walks 2-3 times a day.

We go walking at the beach boardwalk, downtown, strip malls, Lowe's, and other stores.

MANY people come up to us and don't even notice right away that he is missing his leg.

He loves the attention. Loves the hugs. Loves the kisses on his head.

People are always telling how how "strong he is", and "what a good boy"

Tomorrow, December 11 is his 7th birthday.

His next every 3 month checkup with his oncologist is December 30, and they will do chest x-rays again. He has been "clean".

He is a happy boy.

1206151311_zpskaichd9m.jpg

001_zpsvqw9cpic.jpg

12193775_10201027759852248_2819822149196VZM.IMG_20151101_115033_zpsruyxlegs.jpg

004_zpshl6pd4af.jpg

Well, here's some more :kiss2 for his handsome face. Happy 7th Birthday tomorrow, Taylor. I'm sure you will celebrate accordingly.

May the force be with you on Dec. 30 for another clean xray!

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

:yay for another great Taylor report! Happy birthday, handsome--and fingers crossed you'll have another reason to celebrate later this month.

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

Happy Birthday Taylor and we hope the news is all clear on December 30.

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

So very happy for you and Taylor! Fingers crossed for Dec. 30th.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• 3 weeks later...

Taylor had his every 3 month exam and chest x-rays with his oncologist on Wednesday afternoon.......ALL CLEAR!!!!!!!!!! :yay:yay:yay

It's coming up to 1 year since the diagnosis of Osteo in his front right leg, and almost 9 months after amputation.

He's a HAPPY boy.

Loves and demands his rides and walks 2-3 times and day, and runs around the back yard like a lunatic, hopping up and down and leaping in the air and spinning.

Next checkup in 3 months.

001_zpsy2dpgcvn.jpg

What a wonderful update, good boy Taylor.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.