Our Dear Rex Passed Away Today On Christmas Day

Guest katohio

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry for your loss.

I have lost one grey like this and the rest to, not lingering, but to knowing they were declining. To me the sudden loss is harder. I still mourn for losing Red. From his refusing breakfast to letting him go before supper.

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Someone once told me that missing someone is a way of keeping them with us, even when they are not. I hope you can find some comfort in that as you remember your sweet boy. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Kathy, I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. The sudden passing of a pup I find harder as it comes as such as shock and often these pups do not show they are ill until it's too late.

Run free Rex, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. I've been there as well, and the shoulda, coulda, wouldas were intense.

Just remember how blessed you have been to share your life with such a noble creature and you

WILL see him again, in all his glory.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

I'm so very sorry!!! :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

How devastating to lose him so suddenly, especially on Christmas. I too have lost several without much warning, and it adds an extra layer to your grief. In retrospect, though it's so much harder for us, knowing that they were safe and loved and pain free until the last possible moment, in time, will bring some comfort. You will have your memories of a life lived to the fullest and filled with unconditional love.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Rex.

And yes, there is a lot of comfort here. Sometimes it helps just to know that others understand.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry you lost your beloved Rex, and on Christmas of all days. My condolences. :cry1

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest katohio

Thank you everyone for your kind and caring thoughts and prayers! I am in awe at the amazing community of greyhound friends on this board. It is very comforting to know that there are wonderful people out there with loving hearts for not only our wonderful hounds but for each other!

A couple of my friends have been checking in on me today and even my work family. They shed their tears with me while I was at the office this morning. It was so hard to focus. Right now I am back at home snuggling on the couch with our two other hounds, two dachshunds. My mom, who had to move in temporarily with me and my hubby, told me this afternoon that around noon, the weekly test sirens in our neighborhood went off. It was a household tradition for Rex and our dachshund Fritz to howl together during the test siren so when the sirens first went off, Fritz ran upstairs to look for Rex on the loveseat in the front living room where he always slept while I was at work. When Fritz didn't see Rex on the loveseat, he immediately ran upstairs to check the bedrooms and when he couldn't find him there, he went back to the living room and howled alone for the duration of the sirens. I was so sad to hear this! I was wondering when the other two hounds would begin to notice. I think it's going to be hard for our entire family to not have him around.

I'll try to paste a picture below of my dear sweet Rex. I used to call him "Mr. (George) Clooney" because of his distinguished salt and pepper fur as he got older.

Thank you again for listening and sharing your stories. I am truly blessed to have been Rex's owner these past 8 years.

430831_10200188212657422_1597449553_n.jp

Kathy, you were both blessed to have found each other 8-1/2 years ago. His devotion to you and your love for him probably kept him from revealing his condition sooner. Your selfless act of love kept him from suffering a moment longer than he could have. I know that you want nothing more than to turn back the clock to see him and feel his presence one more time. He will always be with you.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Honey in much the same way after 9 1/2 years. The pain will ease in time, but your memories will last forever.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I am so very sorry for the sudden loss of your very handsome Rex.

Fritz is grieving right along with you.

Remember the good times...and one day you will smile when you think of Rex..

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your precious Rex.

Rest in peace, sweet boy.

:grouphug:f_white

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'm so sorry for your loss. As hard as it is for you when it is sudden, may you take comfort in knowing that he did not suffer and that he knew joy and happiness up until the end. You were blessed to have had each other.......May you find comfort and peace in happy memories.......

I just read about your other hound......you must have been heartbroken......

Edited by mychip1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.