Can't Believe This Is Happening

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, thank yo for the update on Dude. What a joy to read such positive news. I'm another one who loved Dude's snoozing picture. He is such a handsome boy. :wub:

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Your poor baby!!! :( :( :(

sending many healing hugs! :hope:bighug

The pictures are so sweet! I had to go look him up, I could tell he was a Gable Dodge pup, he looks just like my Nubers :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Thanks for the update! Dude looks so sweet resting his head on the food bowl. Like he's letting them know that he may feel like a little nibble later - please don't take my bowl away. Hope he continues on this amazing path of healing and gets home to you when it's the right time.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

Sweet boy.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Wednesday Update 10:15am

Just got the call. Dude is ready to come home. His tech said he looks and is acting 150 times better than yesterday. All his bloodwork is good, no further bruising at all, he's eating and drinking, he's getting around better. He's not doing well emotionally in the hospital though and they think he will do much better at home. This does not surprise me.

So much to do, so little time!! We're picking him up at 2:30pm Pacific.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest bluefawn

Just reading this entire thread. I am glad that Dude is coming home soon. Sending hugs, prayers, and white light for continued healing!

Edited by bluefawn

I'm so happy to see how far Dude has come since surgery! Awesome news!

Callie sends :kiss2

:bighug

Kim

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Guest twhitehouse

That's great news that Dude is doing so well and that he'll be home today. My thoughts will continue to be with you and Dude for a fast recovery! :)

Guest Scouts_mom

Chris, It is so good to here that 00Dude is going home this afternoon. He will be so much happier.

Did they ever decide what kind of cancer he has? And is he going to be going thru chemo?

Dude's coming home!!! :bounce1 That's the way buddy, you can do it.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Aaaww precious sweetheart sleeping......

It will probably be better now emotionally for him to be in familiar surroundings to help him heal faster.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

:yay:yay:yay Yay, for Dude coming home! We are soooo happy for you, Dude. :bounce:bounce

Mama sez you will be lerning a new way of walking :walk & probably in some pain ----- so, we're sending you "get strong" thots and "don't be scared" thots. Here, maybe this will help..... :kiss2:kiss2

Stay strong 00Dude - we will be thinkin' of you.

Tick & Mac & Mama

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

YEAH Dude!!! :clap Good job at healing up Buddy. Special calming thoughts coming your way Chris for the stressful days ahead.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.