Can't Believe This Is Happening

Fantastic news!!! :yay

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking in...so glad to read that our 00-Dude is coming along nicely.

Keep up the good work, buddy!

:colgate

And yup...if it was me, I might take one more night with professional eyes watching him and one more day to get organized.

On the other hand...I can well imagine how anxious you must be to just have him home again.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Thrilled with the news.

I agree with the consensus to let him stay one more night. You need some rest and he still needs recovery with professionals. OSU and our local hospital that does amps keep them 2 nights minimum. They like them getting up with a small amount of assistance and walking reasonably well, eating and pottying. All the moving around can make them really sore so meds may need adjusting as well.

More prayers, and :bighug hugs heading your way.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on healing riteawayquik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay :yay :yay :yay :confetti :confetti :bighug :bighug :dogcookie :dogcookie

You are a good boy!!!!!

And for Ms. Chris :bighug

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Cheering for you, Dude!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Tuesday afternoon update 5pm

Just got back from seeing Dude and doing some shopping. We also got to talk with his surgeon in person. Dude was pretty sedated, but we think he knew we were there. He did eat a little earlier on, and get up and walk a few feet. He is still pretty anxious when he's more awake, so they are keeping him under and not in pain. I'm glad we decided to keep him in the hospital.

His bruising is not as extensive as I thought it was going to be and his actual incision site looks really good. His platelet count is holding steady, and his other bloodwork remains stable (he is getting Amicar). There isn't much swelling that we could see.

We'll see how he does overnight, and how he is when they have him awake more. We still might opt to keep him in the hospital one more night, though we are both really anxious to get him home!

Here are a couple pics:

2727306420013527144S600x600Q85.jpg

2710031730013527144S600x600Q85.jpg

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

2727306420013527144S600x600Q85.jpg

Aw, he looks so sweet, and I love him using the food dish as a pillow. I'm glad he's doing well.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Guest azlorenz

I'm so glad Dude is doing well!!!! We brought Flash home 24 hours after surgery and I wouldn't recommend it if you can avoid it. I think we all had deer in the headlights looks (me, hubby and Flash). He hated the hospital so we all agreed it was best to bring him home but doesn't mean it was scary as all get out.

Chris - Just got home from work and had to check on Dude. So, so glad surgery went well and he is doing well. :yay :yay It will be greyt to get him home too. He will heal faster at home with TLC and the girls around him. Hope you are getting some rest too.

Edited by SIGreyLady

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Thank you for sharing the pictures of Dude. Although he sure looks tired, too tired to even eat - his handsome face has done all our hearts some good this evening. Glad you opted to leave him one more night to get yourselves rested up and as ready as possible before bringing him home

:hope that he continues to recover well.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Awwww, poor sweetie is so tired he's sleeping in his food bowl :grouphug

Feel better and heal well, dearest 00-Dude!

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Oh gosh, those pix just make me want to play hooky from work and go cuddle up with him (especially since the center is not far from me, lol) - do you think they would notice if Dude had a human pillow to lay on? :colgate So glad he is doing well. Hope you are both feeling better too. Hugs and scritches.

We are so happy to see that Dude is doing well...... Bless his heart, I know you want him home and I know it has to be hard on you all...... :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug Sending prayers for a quick recovery time.... Take care of yourself he is really going to need you wne he gets home. :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter