Soul Is Home

Guest SoulsMom

Wishing you a peaceful weekend with each day getting better and better for you and Soul.

I have never been through what you are dealing with but the first few days with Bones after he came home from surgery on his fractured shoulder were tough. The real fun didn't start until he could not eat.

Hang in there. You can do this. One day at a time. :grouphug

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking in and praying for a "healing" and "calming" w/end. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm glad to hear Soul slept soundly through the night. Rest will give his body more time to heal. Take care of yourself, too.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

You're not going to lose it. You're going to hold it together to take care of Soul. I'm saying many prayers for both of you this weekend.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

first :grouphug

Ok next, you can make it through this!

Sounds like Soul had a pretty good restful night and that's what he needs. His body I'm sure is just wasted from staying at the vets and rest is the best thing for him now.

Sounds like good news with his BM this morning. Lets hope and pray it continues on the positive path.

So happy to hear that Soul got a good rest last night. That will go a long way to putting him on the path to recovery. You will make it through this, you're strong enough. Look at what you have already gone through that is now behind you. Things will look up when the man-boob goes down and Soul is more rested.

Keeping you both in my prayers.

:grouphug :grouphug Healing thoughts to Soul that he continues to feel better. Also hugs to you both during this time.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

So glad to hear that Soul is home and was able to get some rest last night, and that his poop is looking better. Yeah for good poop!!! :P

Will continue to keep you guys in my thoughts this weekend.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

If it was HGE it sounds like he's on the mend. Go gently with the stomach. I wouldn't feed anything other than what they told you to feed him. The vitamin B will help his appetite. Once Emmy was poohing without blood in the stool we waited another week and then put her back on her regular food and she did just fine.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest SoulsMom

Well, I came home today and he greeted me with bright eyes and a wagging tail. Now we're about to go take nap together. I feel like I could sleep a million years. Still only the one BM since he's been home, here's hoping that the 2nd one is even better. It looks like the fluids are being absorbed and being home is doing him a world of good. I'm just going to do the ID diet from the vet (no metimucel yet) for the next month and see how it goes . . . .

Thank you Althea for your thoughts about the fiber. I've saved your post and I'm going to reference it once he pulls through this . . . .it sure is food for thought, given his discoid lupus . . . . .

Last night when we were driving home I did lose it in the car. The talk about Lymphoma (there I said it) from the vet at Tufts really freaked me out. And Soul was so sad, tired and sick that I just starting crying and babbling to the universe. "Not yet, don't take him yet, I'm not ready, he's such a good ambassadog, we've only had two years together ". . . . .well, you get the point. I called ChancesMom as soon as I got home and she kept me sane :blush

Cyber hugs to you and Soul from Lydia, Polly and Tess, and their Mom.

You will both get through this!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Hope you both get the needed rest and have a nice fall weekend. The I/D is very good in managing colitis I have seen it work too many times not to believe in it.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

I am ssoo glad Soul was able to sleep last night! I can't imagine your joy at seeing him greet you with tail wagging! Here's to a very calm, restful weekend and no bloody poop. Deep cleaning breaths.............iiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnn and ooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttttttttt! There now. Don't you feel better??? We're still sending healing white light to you and Soul.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

He's your baby Amber and it's okay to lose it. It's not going to be lymphoma. His HGE is getting better and he is sooo happy to be home with you. It's all going to be good. Jack says!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

:yay What a good report. I hope he continues to mend like he has been and is like new in no time.

We all understand your "losing it" - it's natural. I remember when Neyla was diagnosed with acute kidney failure only about a year after I adopted her. I was in my local wine shop. I just sat down on the floor and started crying while still on the phone with my vet. Thankfully she somehow recovered from that and Soul will too!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

You both have a good nap...I'll check in later! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Checking on Soul and you, Amber, and hoping that the current improvement holds and that you both have a peaceful, quiet, healing weekend.

--Lucy and Piper

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest greytbookert

Great update! I'm glad to hear that Soul is feeling a little better. I'm sure the nap with do you both some good!

Keep getting better Soul!