Soul Is Home

Guest SoulsMom

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SoulsMom

Back from the vet. The consensus is that the irritation is from the bedding at Tufts and/or him beating himself up b/c he was so stressed there. I love my vet, the whole reason he wanted us to come in was because he wanted to see for himself and make sure the SubQ fluids weren't the cause. So, I continue with the bag balm and it doesn't seem to be hurting as much anymore. But Soul's tummy IS still upset, he still flinches and arches if I touch his belly. AND he tried to eat grass today again :(

We discussed alterntives to HGE such as IBD. And Dr S started to say something else, but then stopped and said "Nope, we won't go there. This is going to do the trick and he's going to be just fine". We also discussed if the bleeding did come back and he needed fluids again how I would need to be with him. Another point that Dr S said, we're going to be positive and presume it won't be necessary.

Soul is still pretty worn out, but he was perky enough today to give me crap about not taking him anywhere yet. It is SATURDAY after all :rolleyes: His poop tonight started out solid at first, then turned to pudding, but I could not see any blood. So, all in all a pretty good day. Started out upsetting, but got better :thumbs-up

And yes, I'm trying to take care of "Me" as well. But, and I'm sure many of you can relate, that kinda goes out the window when you're stressed about a sick loved one . . . . .

Big hugs and thank yous to all of you who have been with us through this. I think with out you all I really WOULD have lost my mind :bow2

You are so right, taking care of ourselves goes out the window....until someone reminds us. SO...........this is your reminder!!! Sounds like Soul is on the mend :yay Wanye send his best and says that the big, sensitive black boys need to stick together

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Amber, I'm so glad that you have a good working relationship with your vet. That helps so much when something this frightening is going on.

Glad as wall that Soul is doing a bit better today.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

You are so right, taking care of ourselves goes out the window....until someone reminds us. SO...........this is your reminder!!! Sounds like Soul is on the mend :yay Wanye send his best and says that the big, sensitive black boys need to stick together

Da Dude wud TOTally agree! Yeah Soulman!!!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Positive thoughts continuing from here for you and Soul. Hang in there!

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

Guest EnzaFerrari

I am glad things are improving for him - and for you! It's amazing how it they get ill so quickly and then recovery is itty bitty baby steps.

Just to let you know that you both are still in our thoughts and prayers, thanks for the update. :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Your last update (from Saturday) sounds very positive. I hope you and Da Soul Man are doing well today.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Guest SoulsMom
checking in for an update.

Same here, where's our Ember update? Since GT finally came back up I've been looking for Ember/Polli/Misty updates . . . .

Soul is about the same. His poops are soft, but no blood. Man, he's got some gas too! He's a little tired tonight, but was perky earlier. His tummy irritation is all gone, that bag balm is magic stuff! And he continues to be all up in my grill when we go to bed at night.

His buddy came to visit on Sunday. Soul and Sharky have always been the exactly the same size (height, length, weight). But yesterday Soul looked so small next to Sharky. He's really lost some weight :(

Ultrasound is scheduled for Friday at 1:30. Hopefully that will give a more definitive diagnosis. And enough time will have passed that he won't be too stressed out.