Soul Is Home

Guest SoulsMom

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amber- this has been really an amazing story. I am so happy that Soul is on his way "back".

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest SoulsMom

I know, can you believe it hasn't even been a week yet? Feels like five to me . . . . .

I need to get some weight on him. He's looking so skinny and all he can eat is the ID diet for now.

(and of course, the ultrasound on Friday and hoping that is "all clear")

:hope :hope :hope for the ultrasound on Friday

So glad Soul is feeling better. GREYT news about the lymphnodes. :yay :yay

What a rollercoaster ride it's been for you Amber. Let's hope it's over soon... I have been worried for Soul but I worry about you too. Thinking of you. :bighug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

All of Florida is checking in this PM. How's our boy doing? We have the prayer chain going for the big day on Friday! We love ya', Soul man!

Amber, we've got your back! You know that, right??? Hugs and prayers all around.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest SoulsMom

He's doing pretty good. Very skinny, and very tired, but he still has spunk and is still my snuggle bug :wub: The poops are still pudding, but no blood :thumbs-up

Thanks for all the good thoughts for Friday. I'm going to be a nervous wreck. I already am. Wish I had someone to go with me . . . .

The rest of tha California crew checking in to see what's up with Soul ... these guys sure steal your hearts don't they?

In the most unbelievable way . . . .

He's doing pretty good. Very skinny, and very tired, but he still has spunk and is still my snuggle bug :wub: The poops are still pudding, but no blood :thumbs-up

Thanks for all the good thoughts for Friday. I'm going to be a nervous wreck. I already am. Wish I had someone to go with me . . . .

The rest of tha California crew checking in to see what's up with Soul ... these guys sure steal your hearts don't they?

In the most unbelievable way . . . .

I can so relate....I have always loved being alone, but when Misty crashed, I sure wish someone was here. Guess it'll make us stronger ha? Soul's on the ID and Misty is on the KD and I have always heard that the prescription diets tend to put weight on....KNOT!! You are both in our thoguths

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Amber I wish I could go with but you know we will all be there.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

We are all there with you tucked safely in your heart. Kiss Soulman for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest SoulsMom

Ok, he's not drinking any water. :( He only took one small drink last night, and that was at my encouragement. He's peeing fine, and doesn't seem dehydrated. He's been on only canned food since the incident. Any thoughts?

Canned food has more water in it so he might not need as much extra. If in doubt, try giving him a cup or so of 50/50 water and milk (if you know he can tolerate milk) or 50/50 water and apple juice, or just water with a tablespoon of honey mixed in.

FWIW, calorie-wise, he'd probably need 3-4 cans of ID per day to maintain his weight.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest SoulsMom
Canned food has more water in it so he might not need as much extra. If in doubt, try giving him a cup or so of 50/50 water and milk (if you know he can tolerate milk) or 50/50 water and apple juice, or just water with a tablespoon of honey mixed in.

FWIW, calorie-wise, he'd probably need 3-4 cans of ID per day to maintain his weight.

Thank you! What about gatorade? I have no juice, and I'm not sure about the milk, since we're not sure what is causing his issues yet . . . .

If you don't get some definitive answers tomorrow from Tufts, (I know they're the best), you also might want to check out Mass. Vet in Woburn, MA. My vet here in NH diagnosed Navigator with the dreaded, and I was in the waiting mode. He had been having a few bad days, so I took him in to my vet's office. My vet wasn't there that day, but a vet (who had the practice prior to my guy was there), who I wasn't crazy about said that he was not convinced that he had the dreaded c, and advised that I bring him to Mass. Vet. I did, and about $6,000 later (includes many trips to my vet, plus a major dental, and Mass Vet testing), they gave me the all clear. There was nothing wrong with him!! They have wonderful doctors there. They are also an emergency 24-hour hospital, with a great staff.

Good luck tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you.

You could mix in a little and see if he likes it. IIRC it has some salt and you don't want too much of that. Broth would work, or just about anything to flavor the water so it's more attractive. Even, say, a tablespoon of the canned food. :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest sinaminsmom

If your vet says it's OK, our vet suggested adding some fat free no sodium chicken broth up to 1/2 and 1/2 to the water. Sounds as if he's doing great and eating the ID. I remember standing on my head to get our first grey to eat it - I warmed, I blended, I did everything short of eat it myself. So good boy Soul! Lynda

Guest greytmonty
You could mix in a little and see if he likes it. IIRC it has some salt and you don't want too much of that. Broth would work, or just about anything to flavor the water so it's more attractive. Even, say, a tablespoon of the canned food. :)

Low sodium chicken broth was my thought too.

Low sodium chicken broth was my thought too.

Yes, I would try that too. If you have some boiled chicken breast (doesn't EVERYONE have 5 pounds at any given time premade in their fridge ;)) You could add a tablespoon of the broth to the water which is really hard to resist.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project