Soul Is Home

Guest SoulsMom

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest StriderDog

A warm compress may help the manboob absorb and soothe your pupper at the same time. Plus, it gives you some purposeful cuddle time (like you needed an excuse to cuddle!!).

Sending more prayers and calming thoughts. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest SoulsMom
A warm compress may help the manboob absorb and soothe your pupper at the same time. Plus, it gives you some purposeful cuddle time (like you needed an excuse to cuddle!!).

So should I use a warm towel? Or a heating pad? Or my mitts that I warm in the micorwave to keep my hands warm?

He's sleeping so soundly now, I hate to disturb him. Here's another thing . . . he smells like the hospital. I hate that smell coming off of him :(

Guest EmilyAnne

Wait until he wakes up, and make sure whatever you use isn't too warm. I myself find too much heat makes me itchy. But I do think the warm compress idea is a good idea.

He's also so lean that there is not a lot of fat tissue to help it absorb? Just throwing that out . . . .

Ok, deep breaths. I know I need to eat, but I can't find my appetite . . . . .

Eat some soup or a pb/j sandwich. It won't do anyone any good if you get sick too. Just try to relax tonight and take it a bit at a time.

Probably too late if you've eaten, but splitting a PB&J with Soul might be a good idea. :blush

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest SoulsMom
He's also so lean that there is not a lot of fat tissue to help it absorb? Just throwing that out . . . .

Ok, deep breaths. I know I need to eat, but I can't find my appetite . . . . .

Eat some soup or a pb/j sandwich. It won't do anyone any good if you get sick too. Just try to relax tonight and take it a bit at a time.

Probably too late if you've eaten, but splitting a PB&J with Soul might be a good idea. :blush

I haven't and he'd LOVE it. Maybe that would get him to move over so I could get at the manboob with my warm hand mitt . . . .

Chris, the scrambled eggs sound good too. You all are giving me my appetite back. . . . .

I am so sorry that you have to go through this w/Soul, I feel for you having been through awful times w/Sara and her GME, it is really hard to watch them suffer. I think it is ok. to have a good cry, it cleanses the soul and a rainbow is always on the other side, you will feel better and Soul will benefit from that. You and Soul are in my prayers, it's good that he is sleeping.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Sending wishes that your stress eases. I have something to make you smile (I hope). Last night I had to give our old cat about 150cc of fluids SQ. She had 3 "kitty boobs" and is still a little lumpy.

As others have said the fluids should absorb as the body needs them. I am skipping fluids tonight because she has eaten 1 and 1/2 jars of Baby food lamb.

HGE takes time to resolve, and you have done all the proper support towards recovery.

Hang in there and rest while Soul is.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Guest p51crazyhorse

A good cry always helps, you arent concentrating on holding it back any longer and can focus on Soul, I did it when Crackerjack choked last week :nod luckily he was out in the pasture recovering and I was inside so it didnt effect him.

I hope the PB&J helps, that is a good idea :)

Just :grouphug and :goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest vahoundlover

I would be a nervous wreck too, I am so sorry you and Soul are going through this. :grouphug Have a bite to eat and if you feel like having a break down, have it. You might actually feel better after letting go. Keeping you guys in my prayers.

((prayers))))

remember to keep yourself hydrated so your up to par to help him through. It is so easy to get distracted and not take care of our own selves. Try gatorade to at least keep yourself hydrated. My heart goes out to you.

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Guest MrsDooLittle

I don't know if what Soul has is like when my Miami had a seroma. He had an injury that required stitches and a drainage tube. After the tube came out, a seroma formed under his belly....like a man boob. I took him to the vet because I was panicked and the vet explained it was just fluid that had to be reabsorbed by his tissue (much like what you're describing though from a different source).

Well it worried me to no end even though my vet, like yours, seemed unconcerned about it. He did tell me that a warm compress would help, but it was often very tender to the touch for Miami. The vet also said I could wrap an ace bandage around his belly which might help his body absorb the fluid. I did this also.

I fretted with this and then poof one day it was gone. I was so worried the whole time too and I hope your Soul's man boob goes away soon because I know it will ease your mind just like when Miami's went away.

Healing thoughts going out to you; I know it is emotionally draining for us when one of our 'kids' isn't well.

Cindy

Guest EmbersDad
Wait until he wakes up, and make sure whatever you use isn't too warm. I myself find too much heat makes me itchy. But I do think the warm compress idea is a good idea.

i agree. i was told to use a warm compress for embers fluid pouch post amputation. 5 mins 3 or 4 times daily

You have gotten great suggestions so I have nothing else to add. I agree with everyone who says to remember to be kind to yourself. I know that when Scarlett had SubCu fluids and I saw my beautifl hound with a growth on her, it was all I could do not to scream. It will go away. If Soul has found comfort in the chair, make it his nest. You will get through this together. You are watching him for signs of pain and improvement, and he is watching you to be sure all is well. Trust each other.

I love the idea of sharing a pb& j with him. Or an egg salad sandwich. Anything that is good and soothing for both of you. Even if that is ice-cream. In moderation, my doctors have always told me that ice cream has a great deal of basic nutrients.

Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts for you both.