Soul Is Home

Guest SoulsMom

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canned food has more water in it so he might not need as much extra. If in doubt, try giving him a cup or so of 50/50 water and milk (if you know he can tolerate milk) or 50/50 water and apple juice, or just water with a tablespoon of honey mixed in.

FWIW, calorie-wise, he'd probably need 3-4 cans of ID per day to maintain his weight.

Thank you! What about gatorade? I have no juice, and I'm not sure about the milk, since we're not sure what is causing his issues yet . . . .

Gatorade is a great idea. When I would have trouble getting Misty to drink,(prior to the Cushings) I always used gatorade because she loves it.To stay hydrated, they should be drinking 1oz per lb of body weight.Come on Soul Man!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

If you want him taking in more water, couldn't you just mix some with his canned food? That's what I do with the cats to get more water into them...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest EnzaFerrari

Ya know, Enza has been on the ID for a few days now for her hookworms and she hasn't really been drinking water either. I wonder if it's the food as she tends to be a fish. I do put a LOT of water in with her food to get something into her system. And last night I was so freaked out (she hadn't peed in 10 hours which is not like her) that I sort of made of soup with her favorite things. Some non ID canned, some kibble (been putting her back on it), peanut butter, chicken broth, bits of chicken and more water and blended it all up. She lapped it all up and then looked at me for more. And then she really had to pee a few hours later.

I think she is okay..maybe a bit dehydrated. But I also think it may be due to the fact its finally chilly here.

No advice on the water, just wanted to say good luck with tomorrow's ultrasound and I'm really glad to hear he's doing much better. I haven't been able to get on GT for days now b/c I was sick earlier in the week, but this is the first thread I went to. Keep the good updates coming!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Oh, Soul! Aren't stuffies just the best! Yee-haw!

Re: water - have heard that adding a little sweetened condensed milk makes it irresistable to some!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Yeah, that's great news!!! :yay

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Oh precious Soulman...you get those stuffies baby boy. :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:couchjump

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Good luck tomorrow. Fingers (and paws) crossed here.

edited because I got my days mixed up.

Edited by MorganKonaAlex

Wow, that is such a great update for Soul. Give that sweet boy a big hug from me! :bounce1 :bounce1 :yay :yay :yay

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy