WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

Kerry, I love how attentive he is to you!  I only get that kind of look when I have food in my hand lol.  Lupin is absolutely adorable!  

I found a gift card to Kohls and ordered a Columbia jacket that The Wirecutter recommended as being waterproof.  Wish me luck!  With the GC, it was FREE!  Best price evah :lol: 

I think the vet visit and vaccines tuckered these two out!  

461280685_8740419969324818_7065436787425

Carol Ann, I haven't used Manuka on Fizzy's leg because these two already pester her and the last thing I need is something that they would want to lick.  I have had great success using it in the past though!  

Tiller, I am so sorry to hear that Coach passed away.  My condolences to all those who knew and loved him.  I hope your Aussie hounds get it together and adopt the Dory method of settling in instead of the whippet way!  :rofl 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Hi Ebbery wun!

We are catching up tooday.

Hope all mah frenz are well.   

Tiller - it wuz nice seeing yu!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Hello my Friendlies!!

Sposed to have rainings later on, and lots cooler.  We'll see.  <_<  

Me and Flizzie don't mind going out in the rainings, cause it means towel rubbies affer!!  Momma hates it more than we do!!  :lol  

Sounds like Miss Dory is doing just fine!!  :yay  

Miss Cindy, we just hafta say - you said yes!!!  :lol  At leest your life will not be boring!!  ;) 

Miss Lizabeth, Momma hasta remind herownseff all. the. time. that a lot of what upsets her about stuff with Daddy he really can't help.  It's his anxieties over not being able to control the big, important things about his life anymore that makes him obsess about controlling the little, not really important things.  She just keeps telling herownseff to breave and breave and breave and that some things don't really matter all that much, and it just takes time - of which she's got a lot of - to help him deal with things that make him feel more betterer.  :kiss2  It's really hard seeing somebody you love who used to be self suffishent and independent become the opposite.  :( 

Mister Tiller, you are a good hoster for those Awssie houndies!!  But it sounds like they were not good gests!!!  :eek   We're very sorry about your speshul friendlie going over the Bridge.  That musta been such a big shock for everybody that knowed him.  :kiss2 

Mister Lupin, I think you are making us all look bad.  <_<  I do come when Momma calls, but sometimes I gotta finish something, or sniffsniffsniff something, or see something I gotta investigate first!!! It's just my way, I gess.  :dunno  

Lookit alla the raining coats for peeples!!  :eek  She wants to remind alla the Momma's that there's this stuff callt "waterproofing spray" that you can spray onto fabrikal things to help em stay waterproof.  Momma ushually uses the kind for tents cause it's more heavy duty.  ;) 

I am getting kikked off again cause Momma wants to order takows for luntsch.  It's what Daddy wants, and he weighs so little now (124 lbs this morning  {{{sigh}}} ) Momma is always trying to get him to eat more, so she tries to get him what he wants.

Plus also we gotta get o-u-t before the rainings get here.

Wishings for a wild Windsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

22 minutes ago, greysmom said:

Miss Lizabeth, Momma hasta remind herownseff all. the. time. that a lot of what upsets her about stuff with Daddy he really can't help.  It's his anxieties over not being able to control the big, important things about his life anymore that makes him obsess about controlling the little, not really important things.  She just keeps telling herownseff to breave and breave and breave and that some things don't really matter all that much, and it just takes time - of which she's got a lot of - to help him deal with things that make him feel more betterer.  :kiss2  It's really hard seeing somebody you love who used to be self suffishent and independent become the opposite.  :( 

AndiPants and Miss Chris, thank you for posting this.   It's good advice for those of us dealing with major changes in our partner's behavior.

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

56 minutes ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

AndiPants and Miss Chris, thank you for posting this.   It's good advice for those of us dealing with major changes in our partner's behavior.

:nod

Richard had an x-ray appoint at the VA in Cape Coral (25 mine drive).  He was worried about the rain and getting into the building from the parking lot (it is a haul). I offered to drive him as it was late afternoon and he latched onto that.  That's o.k. by me.  I don't mind making things a little more comfortable for him. 

As Jupiter and I were nearing home from our walk (thankfully my hamstring had recovered), I got a phone call from the VA. They were calling everyone with radiology appointments and saying, "come on down, get in line, we'll push you through!".  So, around 10:00, we headed for Cape Coral.  While Richard was in getting his dose of radiation, I hit BJs (Oh My Word - what a zoo!) - no big bedtime biscuits, Aldi (yes, with wine), and a Walmart (big bedtime biscuits but in a smaller, more expensive box.  By the time Richard had been shot (x-ray) and shot (flu and COVID), I picked hi up with a trunkload of groceries and don't need to go out again. :yay

Gently raining now.

Most waterproof coat - rain poncho from Bass Pro Shops.  Folds up into an envelope you can carry in your car, heavier than those cheapy things you get.

Tiller - what a night your momma had! :wow

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Awwwww Tiller and Sherrie.  I’m so very sorry your Coach is gone :bighug

Lukit those tired little Whippersnappers  :nappy

You really can't go wrong with anything from Columbia.  It’s pretty much all I wear… Shorts. Shirts. Socks. The BEST socks. I have a very old rain jacket that is still waterproof. 

We’ve had a bit of a drizzly day.  I’ve spent most of it reading and the dogs have been napping.  Dory is quite happy to go out and sniff around the yard on a leash, have a p & p and come back in to bed.    Kibo is a bit put out as she has chosen his favourite bed, right beside my reading chair.   Ummmm. There are 4 other beds in here…

We’ll try the stairs again after supper. 

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

:kiss2 and heartfelt goodest wishes for patience and grace and many moments ob joy in facing the waning capacities ob those you lub.  Miss Chris, Miss Elizabeth, Miss Kathy, and Miss Nancy ob the Burg.

We're getting alarming weather forecasts for Thursday through Friday morning.  Lots ob rain and wind. :eek  Knot bad like Floriduh and Georgia butt bad enough.

Nate

• Like 4

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Butterfly #6 finally hatched. I was out of town for a doctor appt when hubby texted me. This was the same one as the other day that wiggled like it was dancing, on and off for about 15 minutes. Hubby unzipped the top of the habitat and she flew away within 40 minutes or so. 

Edited by macoduck
  • Like 4

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh, Tiller and Sherrie, we are so sorry the the Coach has passed.  It is hard to lose very good people.

It sounds like Miss Dory is settling in nicely.  She is really lovely, and she has had such a long journey.

I can't imagine Doug being older than I am!  He is 73, I am 78.  I am torn between my frustration, and my understanding of what he might be experiencing.  He gets so defensive if I bring up something he has forgotten or has not paid attention to.  I've come to realize that he is not just not paying attention.  I really think it is some cognitive decline that he refuses to see.  Or if he sees it, it scares him, and he refuses to acknowledge it.  My problem is that I have trouble accepting that---I keep thinking that he could do better if he tried.  I don't know---could he?  Or am I just to accept that he is failing faster than I am?

"It's really hard seeing somebody you love who used to be self suffishent and independent become the opposite.  :( "  Yes, Chris, it is this.  :grouphug

I go to a live-in tomorrow for 3 nights.  It is with Toni's dogs, who I love---Tucker the Greyhound, and little Simba, the mix.  She will be home early afternoon on Sunday so I can go the the GHG picnic.  I didn't get to go last year because I was staying with Mary's dogs when Rick was in the hospital.  I hope Doug will feel like going.  I think he should take a Covid test tomorrow.

I hope all who are in the path of bad weather stay safe.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

12 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

It is essentially a shower curtain made into a jacket. :lol: I don't know what size I have, but it's huge, which is OK because it goes below my knees. It is not really comfortable and not at all breathable or warm

Hey Jerilyn, don't ever work in sales or marketing :rofl :rofl 

Thanks so much Kathy, I'll check it out! 

Nate image.gif.7f7a8ed55abd34fdb22bee499225d2c2.gif Yoo're my heero :evil  

Gud job distracting Misd Lucy wiff yer gremlin/monster voice, Mummy image.gif.c6626af26f3caeb2df0ebb4524b4f5f5.gif

Ok waaaay pass me bedtime. Nite eberywon.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Momma's rainy coat is really long on her too cause it's a men's long one.  But it works good for her.

Miss Nancy  :kiss2 Momma says you need to really look at Mister Doug ob-jek-tiff-ly and see what he's akchooally able to do, not what he used to do, or what you *want* him to be able to do.  :kiss2

Me and Flizzie got part of a cheezy kaysadeeya!!  :chow

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

We are getting some thunderboomers right now!  :eek   Momma's gonna wait to take us out cuz it’s supposed to stop in about an hour.

Miss Nancy, Momma says it is so hard to see someone you lubs who used to be so strong and independent become so different.  She also struggles wif the noo reality.  She just tries to find joy in the little things but knows it won’t be like it was anymore. :(

:yay Miss Ducky for sending another butterfly into the whirled!

I hope eberywon habs a gud day today.

Ivy  

• Like 1

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

There might be a slight break, or an easing, in the rain at 7 so I'll take Jupe out then. 

My rain gear for walks tends o be a baseball cap.  I'm going to get soaked no matter what I wear, right down tot he skin, so why be hot and sweaty?  If it's super rainy, I wear flipflops and carry an umbrella.  The last tropical storm saw my shoes and orthotics drying out so I could wear the next set.  If I'm wearing (orthopedic) flipflops at least I keep some shoes dry. ;)

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Heading into a nice fall day :coffee

Sure hope that nasty Helene does not cause too much damage :hope    

:bighug  all of you facing uncertainty with your spouses  :bighug

Dory had another ‘slept all night’ and is much more animated this morning.  The jet lag must be wearing off.  She did a flat-out zoomie in the pitch dark down the yard and came running in looking for her breakfast.  I left her & Kibo alone whist I went down to the barn. Came back up to find one of Paps shoes on the favourite dog bed.  Oops.

I’ll be home all day - go back to the Desk tomorrow afternoon - and will go ride Patty late afternoon.  

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

GUd Thorsday! It iz overcast and a little windy, but nawt much else rite now. Lukks like we will be in da Tropical Storm conditions tunite.

And, in udder noos, I YAM TEN! A Sooper Senior. 

• Like 2

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Momma's rainy coat is really long on her too cause it's a men's long one.  But it works good for her.   Oh, I hadn't thought of this for years, but your description reminded me of taking my Daddy's old olive drab Army rain coat with me to work as a summer camp counselor in after my freshman year of college.  It worked well but was down to my ankles. :lol:  His old canvas and wood Army cot was my guest bed for through years of apartment living.  I always too the cot.  Verdict: knot bad except that you needed something under you to block the chill in cold weather. Happy memories.

Miss Kathy, Miss Nancy, Miss Chris, many :kiss2 and :grouphug

Miz Ducky has brought 6 Swallowtails into the whirled so far! :confetti

We're getting rain now butt knot yet the wind.  Ma is such a doofus.  Yesterday she should hab been busy moving blowable stuff out ob the yard.  Did she eben think ob that?  Nope.  NOw she gets to do it in the rain. sml_gallery_15587_3010_5969.gif

Better her than me.  I went out in a lull at 3:00 AM and I'm knot budging until it stops raining.

We're expecting rain, risk of flash flooding, and winds from from 30 to 50 something MPH.  We had a brief power outage in the middle of the night, so the generator had a little activity.  We' should be fine but one frets. Lucy

Nate :rolleyes:

Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

We waited and the rain let up.  I got in 6000 steps so that's a good start.  I have too many consecutive days to give up on it now :colgate

We saw some blue sky and some canals with boat docks flooded.  We'll see what the afternoon brings.

Gabe and Dory both seem to be fitting in well.  (Although the exploits of the Chaos Couple wear me out. :lol)

I'm off to do baking, ca1a20_52d60568e76f4b43838f378290962dd7~, and ca1a20_716ea43092214c1abaf0ee1c4c60e84b~ while we still have electricity. :goodluck

• Like 1

Good drippy morning!  This has been quite the wet stretch.  The weather report has been calling this cloudy.  Radar shows nothing.  We have gotten almost three inches of cloudy!  It has been rather yuck.  Thought our dogs were being super divas for not going outside.  This was our view (via camera) at 3:45 this morning.  

461332830_8748585875174894_5179191817478

This rachets up the concern level several notches!  Thankfully, I can see the yard from my office and can keep an eye peeled for when the dogs need to go out.  

I feel you on hitting your metrics, Elizabeth.  I took early morning power walks while in Colorado to make sure that I closed my rings and got all my steps.  I haven't missed a metric in 276 days and am not starting now!  

Glad Dory is starting to show her playful side!  We were slow learners regarding shoes.  

I am definitely taking notes on what helps (or not) with your ailing spouses.  David is fine but I know his son is on a slippery slope.  I have been perfectly direct with David about it, though.  When David is not able to manage his son's condition by himself, then he will need to move to an environment better equipped.  I am not relishing the idea of an elderly spouse and his disabled son as my focus in my post-retirement life.  That may sound harsh but that is my line in order to keep my oxygen mask attached to my face and in working order!  His son made stupid cracks about his dinner again last night and I did not respond but it grates my last nerve.  If you are too poor to feed yourself, being picky about hard vs. soft tacos is not a good look!  

Happy Birthday, Gino!  You are just hitting your stride!  

Supposed to have a lull in the rain today so walkies will be much nicer (and away from the more wooded areas).

Stay safe from all storms!  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Cribbed this from Washington Post but I thot it was useful news for folks to have.  The process was incredibly simple .

"Americans can again order free rapid coronavirus tests by mail, the Biden administration announced Thursday. People can request four free at-home tests per household through covidtests.gov. They will begin shipping Monday."

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Cindy, your "line" for self-protection does not sound harsh to me.  At all.  Rational. Reasonable. Based in reality.  Upfront.  Good!

:balloonparty     Happy 10th Birthday Gino!    :balloonparty 

Eberywon in the path ob that Helene person pleese stay safe!   We will get some outer bands ob rainy rains by tomorrow night.   We had rainy rains this morning but it wuz knot from Helene.

There is a man here today painting the trim on our noo windows that were installed last week!    

Miss Cindy!  :eek    Bears!  :eek    We habs knot seen bears around here but we did hear one wuz sited in Rockville and in Bethesda!  :unsure   Knot very far away!  :unsure 

Dory is doing zoomies!   :yay   :gh_run2

The chaos cupple is always doing zoomies! :bounce8

Momma says she is gonna order some noo Covid tests.   She had her vaccine last week, but Daddy can't habs it anymore since he had something called an autoimmune reaction to it last time and got his second round ob encephalitis from it.  :( 

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png  

I hope that hurrycane doesn’t make trubble for any of my friendlies!

Happy birthday Gino! :blowcandle

Lupin, you are juss too hampsum! Even wiff your tung out. Didja see my series of pitchers that my Mistress put in a seprit postie?

Mayhaps Dory is gonna be a bandit! She’s findin her wild side. Based on alla her nappin I thot she mite be a good candydate for kidlets to read to but mayhaps she was juss reel tired.

Is that a momma bear and three babies?!?!? You know how my Mistress is aboot bears, theenks they are friends to share a sammitch wiff. :rolleyes: She would have a vary hard time not leafin snax, good healthy ones, for them.

Seems I’m sicky Wiki. :( I got Mistress up 4 times in the nite to go out cause I have liquid poop.  I hadda run round and round and round in circles before I was ready. At first Mistress was mad at me for wakin her up and takin so long but then when she saw what I prodoosed she was sorry and wortweed bout me. I’m acting pretty normill tho and did Jump Around for Wiki walkie. I did one tiny leddle more puddle, hopefully that was the last of it. However, I’ve not be given any foods today. Juss one tiny leddle biskie so I wouldn’t starf to def. My Mistress’ own belly is not great either. Yessirday she had meetins 7:30-3:00 wiff only haff hour break for Wiki walkie. Sints she was worn out she got Culver’s for supper. I had 3 frentsch fries and a tiny bite of hamburgler. Did that cause my prollems? Were we poisoned?

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).