Sunlight in a blue sky
Dapples in and out of cottony grey clouds
Warming then soothing in turn
Two retiring humans under a tree
Amid a hundred shades of green
As a large yellow monarch
The king of insects
Glides and flutters by
With a sense of purpose and delicate grace In perfect juxtapose.

James Moore (7/30/24)

It's August-almost-September!!!  The Dog Days of Summer!!  Named that way, NOT cause we houndies are at our bestest in the summer, but because a star callt Sirius is now rising in the sky, and really anchient hoomins callt it the Dog Star.  <_<  I mean, REALLY!!!!  :sowhat  But we have fun anyway laying in the dirt and the grass and the mud affer the sprinkler runs!!  And digging holes and chasing birdies and eating treats on the patio!!

Remember the Houndie Rules:

1 - No see, no sky, no pee

And the important one for winter:

2 -  If you see (or are standing in) snow, let it go!!

And the Humin Rules:

1 - No politicking ever!!!!  :shakefinger 

We celebrate our Friendlies joys and we support them when they're sad.  Wishings for healing riteawaykwik for any hoomin or houndie that needs it.  We are there for our Friendlies whatever the problem and however we can help.

Welcomings to all our Lurkers, Club Members, New Posters, and any body else that has something to contribute to the fun!  

Friendlies Fru Fik & Fin!!

Later Gaters!!

:banana   Andipants 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

And cause it's really important I am copying this postie from the old Club over here about the informayshun Miss Ducky gotted from Miss Noo Carol's friendlie in Kansass!!

BIG UPDATE ON NOO CAROL!!!

I just spoke with Cecelia. Today is the first time in weeks that she has seen Carol smile and laugh! She showed Carol the photos of my crew and read to her the long text I'd sent about the happenings in the Club.

We'd hoped to have a Patient Advocate to speak with but this hospital doesn't have one. :blink: Cecelia did find out who the "floor nurse" though, but since that lady wasn't in today she'll call her tomorrow. She was happy to report that Carol's nurse today was very nice and also got a kick out of our Club stories. Cecelia explained Carol's circumstances to this nurse because when one is so weak, older, having other medical issues, etc., sometimes people just write you off. This nurse now knows that Carol has an active online bunch of friends - and a few more besides us! Niether of us know who that is but we think its a horse group in New England.

Other goods news is this nurse said that when Carol eventually gets transferred (date unknown) to a care facility of some kind, that this hospital will forward any cards that have come in for her to that facility. 

Providence Medical Center
8929 Parallel Parkway
Kansas City, KS 66112
Attn: Carol Nioce, patient    

Because she has been shifted to several different rooms, just address your cards like above. She won't be able to take any phone calls to her room because she is wearing an oxygen mask. She's also been wanting to get out of bed and leave the place but Cecelia has given her the "oh no you're not!" talk.

Do take note of the spelling of her last name:  N I O C E

So far no progress on finding any living relatives. The one we thought was a son, Charlie, was another stepson. Apparently Carol has been married a few time. I haven't had a chance to call the church in her original hometown to see if they know of any relatives, and I still don't know what her maiden name was. Carol did say today that none are alive. :dunno 

Her neighbor, Martin, has been collecting her mail and paying her bills!

Even Cecelia exclaimed that it was absolutely wonderful to hear laugh when told of our exploits, especially the part where I said Jupiter hadn't barfed on the newly cleaned white carpets. Adding that was kinda my test to see if she understood what she was hearing. :bounce8

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I yam heer. Fanks fower the nyoo Club AndyPandy.

Windee butt KNOT wet, yet.

Nutmeg wiv Zavvi the eedjit littul Bandito bruvver.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

:coffee Good morning!

Wow, it’s only 4:30 in the morning and I am THIRD  in the noo Club that wuz started late last night!

Thank you  for the noo Club Miss Chris and AndiPants!  Plusalso thank you for re-posting the important information from Miss Ducky!

Charlie, ob course you wuld knot put a hermaggedon on the table!  Miss Cynthia wuld certainly know it wuz knot you!  That sounds more like a boy galgo thing to do!  I do knot want to offend the galgas in the Club, that’s why I sed “boy”!

I hope eberywon habs a gud day today!

Ivy 

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

:ohno  I cam to check in and catch up and the Club couldn't be found!!  It diskapeared overnight.  I don't know what happened since yesterday lunch time. ca1a20_ae3483009c7c41dd8ca9d4e04d6501a7~

• Charlie put a hermaggedon on the table.  Which hermaggedon ?  Which table?  How adorable was he when he did it?
  • Has Summer completed recovered?
  • How's Wiki's belly?
  • Was Larisa smuggled into the States in a duffel bag (not making a suggestions but :ph34r )?
  • When's Miss R.E. Carol getting the cats out of her eyes?

Ink wiring minds want to know!

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Also missing the end of the old club :coffee

Thanks for the new Clu Andi, plusalso that lovely poem.

I have a card for NooCarol and will pop it in the mail this morning.

Going to ride PattyKake and then head off to MllhavenCreek.  My kayak is already in the truck.  And there’s a chip truck right up the hiway :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

MISS LIZABETH!!! Zorro del galgo did it! I wuld NEBAH do somefing so disturbing! He most likely froo it in da air and it landed on da kitchen tabbul :lol

Speaking obs which, I fink I need to be congramatulatid fur putting up wiff Zorro del galgo fur 7 yeers today!

I deserbe a cake or sumfing

Yoor freend,

Charlie, finking 7 yeers iz a LONG time

• Haha 2

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

I thought we were talking about a real live hedgehog! 

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Gud mornings!  Ah am heer on da furstest page!!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Gud suspiciously cooler Thorsday! And a shiny noo Club, fank roo, Andi! I wuz sayin how da Galoot iz a stuffie flinger, too, aimin dem for Mom's big ol Noggin.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Gino, dat iz funny dat he swings dem at yur mama!!!

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

Good morning

Zorro happy 7th Gotcha day to you.  Charlie he would never have made it if he didnt have you to show him the way.  So, I think both of you are entitled to special treats today. Oh other news  what is the story about the Mickey truck ?

Have a great day tout le monde,  Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

It was deliciously cooler this morning so I took Flashy to the pond across where I used to go walking. Sadly, Mr Feathered Ducky has never returned. At first Flashy was overwhelmed by an area with lots of icky goose-poo and feathers, but then she took a big poo herownself and a pee and onward we strolled. My older friends also walk there so they got to meet her too, along with everyone else along the path. Afterward we went to the Lowe's garden center and I got the last 2 parsley plants they had. Yesterday I found 5 swallowtail caterpillars of various sizes on my current plants. Boy are they hungry!

Chris, thank you copying the Noo Carol info to this edition of the club.

And remember, these cards and/or letters aren't just for Carol. They are also a reminder to the staff that she is a real person and not just a limited mobility person with no one but Cecelia to help her.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Stuffie tossing!  On tables, on punkin' heads!  Anywhere!

Zorro del Galgo celebrated a 7th Gotch Day. :yay

We have new about Miss Noo Carol, thanks to Miz Ducky and friend Cecelia and we are SO happy!

Miss Banessa, it is surprisingly cooler here too.  In the 60s at night.  Ma is loving it since the grass & weeds are far easier to mow and the water coming out ob the cold tap is knot lukewarm.  Ma's in a real grump today.  The Lenovo people have sent her computer back "all fixed" and it should arrive tomorrow.  That should/could be reason for rejoicing butt she's spitting mad on account ob she told the "Do NOT reimage the computer.  If that's what you think is the fix for the problems, then just package it up and send it back to me."  Well, you won't have a hard time guessing that when she called this morning to ask what they did to repair the computer--since they didn't tell her in the repair update--they told her that they reimaged the computer. image.gif.562d7f4a7e69b9775122dba90544f4bc.gif  image.gif.d6833153dbce6593cce4d92545098eb9.gif   Butt there is knot anything she can do now butt install eberyfing and set it all up again and hope.  The final question the Lenovo support person had for her was to sugggest that she might want to extend here warranty for some more $$. :spoot   NO!    The lapertopper should come home tomorrow and Saturday will thus be spent reinstalling and resetting up her computer, just like she has a nice new properly working one only wifout any real sense that the problems have actually been fixed. 

She's gonna get her vengeful and spiteful feelings ob anger and frustration out by clearing the summer garden. 

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Zorro - happee day!!!

Gud mornink!! ca1a20_0cfc0cd5e37f4d75b67b28205c57ed1a~

It is KNOT chilly enuff fur a scahf and hat yet, butt it woz so luffly and cool dis mornink on our Wiki walkie :gmark We liked it. Mummy sed it woz so nice knot to be get home all swetty  ca1a20_1645d30bb74b431398429a6d88ba3190~ and gross. 

Fanks fur da noo club, AndiPants!! Andi, haffs yur mum ebber herd ob a dood callt Zelenka? I bet she has, and me mummy is juss ignorant. She only juss discubbered hims moosic and she luffs it! She been getting into barok moosic in a bery big way over da lass few yeers, butt she had nebber herd ob Zelenka and juss discubbered hims Laetatus sum sung by Jakub Jóseph Orlínski and Fatma Said and udder werks and it brings so much joy on her way to werk (and she needs it because, while she duzn't hate her job or nuffink, it IS pritty soulless). Ennyhoo, yoo woz in dat whirled, so mummy made me share.

I walked around wiff me tung hanging out fur halff me Wiki walkie, mummy says it's KNOT a gud look and makes me look dim, butt I fink she likes it. She woz giggling a lot. Questchun is, woz she giggling to herownself or laffink at me? She's KNOT saying. 

Wot a bewtimussly formatted postie yoo made today, Miss Lizabeff :kiss2 

I :tomato later, butt fur now: 

ca1a20_548eabcdbcb14b98a60fa718e71a097e~Happy Gotcha Day Misser Zorro!! ca1a20_7eca340badb54fa0ae7d9356b5545e69~

Lupin

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

2tSqu67l.jpg

OMG! This happened this mornink. Mistress laff and laff that I made elf on a shelf. Then I read that Zorro del galgo threw a hermageddon on the tabil. :lol Everybuddy do it! So my belly is all better but Mistress has been theenkin that I not bin myownself for a cupple weeks. I get hexcited for Wiki walkie but otherwise juss lay around. But then lass nite I had Wild Wiki time and was throwin toys around this mornink so now she’s happy.

We have nice cool weather here too. 48 fartingheit when we got up! But it’ll be 90 by Sunnyday.

Oh Miss Loosy, that’s rotten noos bout your puter. I hope all goes well wiff the set up again.

Mistress’ werk job is stoopid bizzy so I gotta go.

Wiki :ph34r

• Haha 2
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Oh no Nate! Poor Miss Lucy! Mummy haffs been dare - wot part ob "do KNOT re-image" isn't clear?? Ugh. :headwall  ca1a20_2ee527d90e7c47948fb9169e8b907756~ ca1a20_06f5d96858fb42ba8fa10b635bd4e5d7~  

I told you Lenovo support was crap... ugh, I'm so sorry. Sometimes there's no way around it and you do have to reimage to resolve the issue, but if they customer has **specifically** instructed not to re-image, that's a different matter! Also, because these companies have a lot of support requests, re-imaging often becomes the go-to, lazy solution they adopt so that they don't have to troubleshoot properly. I feel for you, because my own laptop is highly customized (by me) and I work with a lot of people who need special software reinstalled after a re-image, which means digging out old emails or notes to retrieve activation keys, etc. It's time-consuming and irritating when you specifically asked them NOT to do that. ca1a20_a080e49ded7b4498a36aca5cb3b09537~ 

Plus also I yam sending yoo my bery own whirled faymuss neck kisses!! ca1a20_212a736770fe49b9ad47cf0a892b0985~ I hope dey werk! 

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

LOOpin, deer iz no way a houndie az hampsum az yu cud luk dim!

Oh, Wiki, we laff an laff an laff at da helf on da shelf.

We habs a card in the mail to Miss Noo Carol and Momma put our pikkies in it!   It's a pikkie ob us walking in the woods!  I hope Miss Noo Carol can see it and hope she likes it!

Miss Lucy, that is bery bery frustrating.    I know my Momma wuld habs NO IDEA whot to do wif the computer if she had to do trubbleshooting!    

Happy Gotcha Day Zorro del Galgo!   :confetti      Charlie, you habs been the best beeeg brudder to him, teaching him whot to do!  :grad

Cherry is the stuffie thrower around here.  Sometimes they land on the dining room table.   Oh!  Did I tell you she growls and barks in her sleep?  :lol:   Plusalso, Lupin, Cherry also habs a derp tongue on Wiki Walkies!  Momma thinks it is funny!

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png 

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Good morning!  Our card to Noo Carol is on its way to the post office as I type.  Thank you so much for spearheading this, Ducky.  So many layers of goodness in this!  

Both girls are stuffy tossers, but none have yet landed on furniture besides the couches.  I have no doubt that Lacifur would find her way onto whatever horizontal surface things would land.  This is a common visual however.  

456511836_8488292751204209_6340048084665

I had given up on keeping Lacy off tables that were in the sun, so we topped one off for her.  Spoiled much?  :rofl 

This is the red plant you see out of our window through a dirty screen.  It is a dragonwing begonia.  Started off about 4 inches high.  I am trying to figure out the best way to over winter it.  Some websites say to bring the entire plant in and others say to take cuttings.  I will probably do both :lol 

456400681_8488292827870868_1825279973488

Our elephant ears are having a banner summer!  What started off 3-4 years ago as two plants has now turned into 6 and I expect at least eight next summer.  I do pull these out, dry off the tubers in the sun, and then store in the basement in a dark place.  

456449010_8488292991204185_5264067423721

Yes, that is outside of our new sunroom!  We are waiting for another day with my brother to get the siding on, otherwise it is finished!  With the exception of some paint touch up.  

Happy 7th Gotcha Day, Zorro!  Hard to believe that it has been 7 years already.  Here is to many more!

Lupin, your GDS sponsoree is a cutie!  She does have those big eyes and stripes like my Paris Bueller had.  Lawsy, I miss that girl!  She did fling stuffies all over everything.  

Was a rather nippy 52 outside this morning.  Lacifur poked her head out from underneath the covers when Fizzy and I were getting ready for morning walkies, stood on the bed, S T R E T C H E D and then dove back under the blanket.  :P  That means Fizzy and I had a great walk just by ourselves.  We cover way more distance that way as Fizzy likes to WALK and not cavort up, down, and around.  Lacy will take 24 steps to every two that the rest of us take.  Fancy was very much a destination walker and not the journey.  Paris was all in for the journey.  So, I am used to having one of each style!  

Hope things work out for your lapper topper, Miss Lucy!  I have a Lenovo that I rarely use as I use my work lapper topper for everything as it is the one set up.  I will just hold my breath that it doesn't give me grief as the warranty expires in January.  

Kathy, I am glad that Jim enjoyed his outing with his golf buddy.  You needed the breather as much (if not more) than he did!  

I found us a dog walker for while we are out of town.  Bryan can feed the girls and keep them company but walking isn't gonna happen.  We meet her Sunday - fingers crossed!  She did come highly recommended by our neighbor and I made sure she knew that this was word of mouth.  

The company that put up our fence when out of business and I found another company who will be by tomorrow to give us an estimate to extend the fencing back another 30-40 feet behind the work shop.  When our small back deck gets turned into a screened porch (phase two of the sunroom project), we will lose part of the dog yard, so I am having it extended further back for a more oval race track than a kidney shaped one.  Lacy runs way too fast and with a bum back leg, tight corners make me nervous.

Work is going to be rather nutty today, too, so I had better get it together!  

Have a good day ebberbuddy!  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I have planted by new parsley plants. I also found another cattypillers on a not a parsley plant so I rehomed him onto a new plants. I think we're up to 6 cattypillers now.  Then I commenced to cutting back a lot of the oh so tired plants. Between the harsh sun and the multiday beat down by hard rains. I see new shoots peeking out so hopefully they won't go ded.

I thought I"d have to make a run to the store for Noo Carol cards but I have discovered I still have duplicates of old Crispmix cards left. I'll have to remind her that it's not Crispmix yet!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png