WFUBCC - #229 - June busting out

9 hours ago, greysmom said:

Today's Toozday!  Isn't that the day Miss Cindy said they'd know whether Fizzy was staying or not??

:rotfl   Like there's a chance they're gonna turn her away! :rotfl  That girl is a heart healer. :heart

Flashy, we are so glad you're safe.  Isn't it just like your mama not to want to worry us into backandforthing for you.  Well guess what.  We're gonna do some retroactive backandforthing so there! ca1a20_a7d38fdf992e496fb5072262aa4ef927~

Yesterday Jupiter leapt off the couch like his tail was on fire and ran for the sewing room  The culprit?  A :twd: ?   No.  A ca1a20_b6e01e35e3a645ff882d401d846390ce~ ?  No.  It was a fly. ca1a20_5e0bb599bd834b899b06a86e68d3eeaa~  What's that famous Miss Jan saying?  "That boy ain't rite!"  :hehe

Well, I've done it, folks.  My ankle fire bite scars still itch and I got bitten again yesterday.  I was coming in from checking on mangoes and felt something on my ankle.  I brushed off a small (fire) ant.  Then something stabbed me in the left ring finger pad. :yikes   It felt like a thorn was driven into me.  It was bright read and itchy yesterday. Last night, I put on icthammol and a bandaid and the pustule has finished coming up this morning.  Ugh. The only treatment is "treat it like a wound" to prevent infection, hydrocortisone cream, and an OTC non-sedating antihistamine.  :(

Ivy, they will treat you like the princess that you are and we shall all backandforth await good news.  :kiss2

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Drizzly rain    :coffee

:goodluck    Ivy    :goodluck

I ‘think’ Cindy & David needed to decide on a name for Fizzy before she went for her wellness exam   :dunno

Please keep your heat dome over there on the west side of the continent.  Our forecast is for mid 20’s this week. Perfect.

We need to have a spell of dry days so we can get our hay done and I don’t think it’ll be this week.

The Velcro Boot is working out well for my poor foot.  I’ve ordered anther one so I can have one for the house and one for the barn. 

I finished the Grocery Store book  :)     What a great story.  Now I’m starting into ‘The Women’ by Kristin Hannah.  I was on the Lieberry wait-list for quite a while. Hope it was worth the wait.

No Desk or Shack for me today.  Groceries and a couple of errands.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Oh, no!  Starvation and a vet trip are in Ivy's day. :kiss2  I hope all the news from the vet is good news.   Backandforth and backandforth...

Miss Jen, 104 degrees and no AC. :eek  I'm so sorry!  Send that heat dome somewhere else.  I'll eben take it, since we got AC.
Miss Jenny, I'm sorry, butt we lub the AC here too. 

Jupiter, you fled a fly?  Lemme just offer you owr kitteh Tinker.  He spent last night whilst Ma was trying to read herownself to sleep hunting a big old fly that was buzzing the the bedroom.  He was wearing his peenk blossom collar butt Ma took that off for fear that he was gonna knock ober her lamp in his hunting frenzy.  He eventually stopped and settled in to sleep so Ma thinks his hunt may hab been successful. :puke  Anyhow, he'll look great on your white carpet and he can take care ob all your flies!

Miss Elizabeth, I'm so sorry about those fire ants. :grouphug  They are a pestilence!

Mam, I'm glad you found a good boot for your poor broken foot.  Smart to hab a house and a barn version. :D

There's exercise class today and Ma gets her monthly asthma shot.  We had a very nice and mild day here yesterday, butt it will be warmer today.  Still, knot horrible like when we had that heat dome.  I wonder if it's coming back?

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Gud sumwhut soggy Woesday! We heard sum firewerks last nite when we were tryin to p&p, I'm sure it'll be werse tunite. I don't mind dem when I'm in da howse, but owtside iz a no-go.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Now I’m starting into ‘The Women’ by Kristin Hannah.     I LOVED that book! :D

Anyhow, he'll look great on your white carpet and he can take care ob all your flies!      The purr-fect solution :D

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Mornink! It's 8:48 as I tic dis and I haben't been out fur me wikiwalkie yet image.gif.83899ddbc623e0147d12d538fa9487f8.gif Mummy slept in a little on accounta sheeze KNOT at werk dis week, den she FINALLY got up at 7:50 (practically luntsch time!!) and we did wee & poo and skwirrel patrol. It woz MAYHEM out dare tooday. Da sqwirrels woz Out. Ob. Controle. Flyink eberyware, jompink frum tree to tree and making a total RACKET. :angry: And completely out ob reech eben fur a mitey and ecksperientsed patroller like memyownself! 

Pfffft.. hahaha

Wot mummy? You fink yoo can do better? I'm all earsies. :sowhat 

When i tic lass nite I miss dat Flashy haffed a dental. So gladd she's home and did well, and dey only stoled won toofer! I call dat a win. :nod 

AndiPants, fanks fur asking about mummy. She woz almost back to normil for days, and den on Sunnyday her tummeh start to hurt again. Howeffer dis KNOT like lass time, she is KNOT runnin to da baffroom all da time or nuffink, or firsty all da time, her intestinals is juss KNOT feelin gud. It haffs been getting a bit better so mummy finks da culprit is a microwaveable plant-based tikka masala she buys sumtimes. She luffs it and sumtimes she juss duzn't want to make it herownself, butt when she make it she adds way more vegimals plusalso she make it wiff tofu, KNOT wiff seitan, witch is wheet glooten. Mebbe she is developing an intolerance to glooten? To be honnist mummy haffs always been skeptical ob da hole glooten intolerance fink on accounta dare haff been many studies on it and dey haffs pritty conclusiffly shown dat eeder yoo haff celiac diseeze or KNOT, and a lot ob da glooten intolerance stuff is bery faddish. Butt! She duz no sum peepuls hoo insist day do KNOT do well wiff serten glooteny stuff and, while it is a self-diagnosis moss ob da time and darefore anecdotal, she says hoo am I to doubt dare own ecksperience? Howebber she finks it moor likely dat it's da hoomidity dat's wreakink haffok wiff her insides. She can KNOT wait fur autumn. 

Wotebber mummy can we go walkies now PLEEZE?? 

Wiki, do yoo reely pee in peepuls' homes? Yoo reely are outrageuss, juss like a :ph34r shood be. 

Ivy!! Gud luck tooday! We're backamdforfin fur yoo! Pleese update us later and let us no yoo're okay. I bet yoo're being soopah brave. 

Poor Miss Lizabeff woz attacked by an ant on fiyah! :ohno image.gif.2accd819ce60d96694e22637a70d3170.gif

Mam, we're glad yur boot is werkin out and also dat yoo haff a no werkjob day. Enjoy yur book!

Lupin

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Ivy by how your exam might be done.  I had an ultra early this spring but all was ok & it was just a bad virus causing my problems.  I hope you get good newe..

miss Jen dont melt

Mam glad the boot is working & I hope you toe gets better soon

.Miss Elizabeth would an anti insect spray work against those fire ants?

Once again a no plan day so I think I will just nap

Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I had read fire ants were obnoxious but I didn't realize HOW nasty they truly were.  Ouch!  

In the past  have really been lucky with our Glacier Park weather. This year not so much. Cool and rainy/drizzling/thunderboomers/deluging have been the story of the four days we have been here. Kinda looks like things might change tomorrow but we've heard that story before so we'll see. 

Yea for successful dentils, hopefully excellent ultrasounds, retroactive Bakandforthbakandforth'ing, barn boots separate from not barn boots, no Desk or Shack duties today, folks feeling better about theirownselves, and open house wif lovely breezes blowing.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Hoooomid! I got a short Wiki walkie and that was enuff.

I’m kinda too panty to backandforth for Ivy, but I’m sendin good thots!

I’m glad Flashy did OK wiff her dental but shame on Miss Ducky for not forwarnink us so we could backandforth for her. That’s what friends are for affer all.

And I see that our dear lurkin Miss Jan’s campers boff had sum issues. We’ll backandforth for you too ya know.

I’m shore glad there are no fire ants in Wiskconsin! :eek

1 hour ago, MerlinsMum said:

Wiki, do yoo reely pee in peepuls' homes? Yoo reely are outrageuss, juss like a :ph34r shood be. 

Well, I’ve never bin to anybuddy’s house to test the theory. :P But I peed in this house when I came to first visit Mistress. And I’ll pee in a store. That’s enuff evidents for my Mistress.

Miss Kerry do you take a probiotic? My Mistress had what she assooms was noro virus lass year and even when it was over her innards were still juss not rite. She’s not a big beliefer of probiotics but she had sum in the cupboard that were originally for me affer I had bad poops so she took one and affer juss two of em she was all bedder. Worth a try mayhaps.

Mistress was reel tired at bedtime and my leggie owie had bin good so I went to beddy wiff no banditch. Apparently that was a mistake. She cot me liklikin it :blush and saw that it’s all red and raw again and there’s blud on my blankie.:unsure  Back to the banditch for me.

I hope everybuddy has a kwiete nite tonite before the disaster tamarra is gonna be.

Wiki :ph34r

Edited by Jerilyn
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Wiki, you better be careful or you'll end up wearing a peek pillow around your neck like Tinker. :nod

Bitzi, the state extension service recommends a technique they call the Texas Two Step to deal wif fire ants.  First the human uses a bait--tiny granules that appeal to the fire ants as food butt when delivered to the hive, kill them D E D.  If the mounds aren't gone in a couple ob weeks you can use bait again or treat the mounds wif ant killer.  Ma likes the bait approach on account ob the bait is really too tiny to appeal to dogs or cats (good), and if put out when fire ants are out out foraging will be gone very quickly (also good). 

Exercise class was full to the gills today and Ma's tired.  Time to water outdoor plants and put out fresh bird seeds and squirrel and chipmunk food.

Nate

• Like 1

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

LOOpin,  mama lubz da falls an da Summer iz juss eggsawsting to herbz.

Oh, doze kittehs no how to keep a howzehold up at nite...chasing flize, swatting reemote controls off nite stands, rubbing deer whiskers on da mamas face, etc,etc,etc....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

The vet just called to tell me that the ultrasound doctor just got there but says he needs to sedate her since she has to be in her back for the ultrasound.  She was calling for my permission since we had talked about no sedation before.  I asked her what they use to sedate her and she told me - and they are meds that Ivy has had before so I gave permission.  That always makes me nervous!  I will be backandforfing now!

Miss Kathy 

• Like 3

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Good sunny morning!  It is very nice outside, just to lull us into a false sense of beautiful weather before the hot and humids and thunderstorms return.  This is late August weather, not early July!  

Glad Flashy came through her dental with nary a scratch.  I do not consider a tooth basically falling out to be more than a scratch.  

I hope everything went smoothly for your ultrasound, Ivy!  I have never had to have a hound fasted before one.  Hopefully, you cooperated! 

Yay for a velcro boot for the win!  

Boo for owies that seem to not heal despite the houndie being the bestest patient.  <_< 

Flies are of no issue here, but moths will send Lacy into a leaping, jumping, and half crazy (oh wait, that isn't a change :rofl ) dog.  She finds them most annoying and need to be forever silenced in her book.  

Fizzer's name is officially Fizzy.  She is a much needed zip in this house.  Of course, as I type this, she is lying behind my office chair, napping with her eyes open, looking rather menacing :lol:  

She weights 51.2 pounds!  I have some really nice collars for her - she does not need a harness, but she needs a good everyday-walkie collar or 2.  We are in the woods and I do not want her nice embroidery ones to get snagged on brush and sticks and stuff.  It has been so long since I was in need of a collar, that I do not know what shops to frequent!  They need to be washable, too.  

She has decided that 5:30 is a great time to get up in the morning and she awakens quite happy, bouncy, tail-waggy, and barky.  It has been years since I had a morning dog that this transition is not much fun!  She is also getting Lacy up early and the 3 of us take a good 2-3 mile walk in the morning.  She also wakes up in the middle of the night,whining.  We will take her out and she will pee and then comes right back in and goes back to sleep.  She is going to be 2 in two weeks.  Shouldn't she be able to hold it all night?  I realize we are only 10 days in, but I do not want to make a habit out of this!  I need some sleep!  

Ducky, congrats on Aussie's rescue - what a great story and the stars were aligned for that girl!  

Now, how we ended up with another dog.  David was coming around to the fact that we needed a second dog.  Lacy was going dormant :lol and was not her insane, goofy self.  It is nice to have a dog that you can manhandle, if necessary, and is much more compact - unless she is sleeping in your bed and then she takes up as much room as a 80 pound dog can, I swear.  However, we agreed to make a final decision in September.  We have some things scheduled and Kevin gets married in September.  David did mention that if we got another dog, he wanted a big one.  I was not opposed to a smaller dog - we really needed to be aware that she is not necessarily going to be accepted by lots of other dogs as she has zero respect for the personal space of others and is quick and abrupt in her movements.  So, I agreed with Jerilyn that a brood momma would probably be best.  I did ask around some about the personalities of the Australian and Irish greyhounds as David made it clear that IF we adopted another dog, he wanted a retired racer.  On June 22, a friend reached out and said that her group had an Australian greyhound girl that needed the right home and she felt that our circumstance was a perfect fit.  She had met Lacy and Angus before and has known me for about 15 years.  She had even gone the distance and talked me up to her group and got us approved :wub: even though we were long distance.  I told David that there was no way that we could just pass on this as a dog was being handed to us and I always felt that dogs came to me instead of me finding the dog.  Once he saw her picture and saw Zeke, he was gone.  The kicker was that her foster home was going on vacation and we had to get her ASAP.  So, on Monday, June 24, we drove to NY and brought her home!  She is somewhat leery of men and reserved in general until she gets comfortable.  She met David and promptly took him on a walk.  He could not get her in the car fast enough!  She is a doll and so, so patient with our monster child.  It IS a perfect fit and I am so grateful.  Of course, it throws a monkey wrench in our summer as she has separation anxiety and some milder noise phobia.  So, plans were cancelled and modified.  I have 45 days to get her comfy and used to the dog door so we can go to Colorado in September.  She is not a fan of the door so this is going to take time.  Oh boy!  I had to paint all weekend last weekend, so I had very little time to work with her.  That project is done, so hopefully she will be more responsive this weekend.  Paws crossed!  

Cindy 

• Like 2

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Miss Cindy...we are so happee all ub dat wurked owt...an we no yu will get her fru da seppy rashun ziety.

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

Cindy, if you need a sitter and you don’t mind traveling we would be happy to watch them.  Of course, Cherry would join in any shenanigans!  We are gone in early September but home after that until next year!

Kathy 

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Cindy, my friend Julie makes collars, both ordinary and funny ones, but no dress up ones. She used to do the sewing for Houndstown. Although I use a leather martingale for NoAh, is tag collar has our phone number on it.  She's also just started making 3 point harnesses.

I've messaged Julie to see if a phone number can be put on the martingales.

https://www.facebook.com/barleywooddesigns

This is my Lila modeling the buckle tag collar https://barleywooddesigns.com/products/personalized-identification-nylon-buckle-dog-collar

https://barleywooddesigns.com/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR3ndUrkorVNjIoILd5rKqnoSaHcYINnW2q0Xpyam6ygOg5mZnDcHvEIPW0_aem_Xv-Os5iBn0FyL9jF82mNaw

You might see some of the wording on the funny collars could be appropriate for Lacy. :D

Flashy thanks you all for the retroactive backnforfing, and that I am just a slacker.

Back later to catch up on all the posts I missed.

Editing to add that Julie can make a martingale with phone number on it.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh. Miss Kaffy...dat wud be a wunnerful sleep over partee!!!!

Hello my Friendlies!!

One more cloudings morning with a sunnings affernoon and then we start our heat dome of too HAWT all the time.  Not a fan!  <_< 

Let's see...

Miss Ivy we sure hope your ultrasounding is going well.  Flizzie's had several of em for her abdominals and she's never had to be sedated.  They just flipped her upside down and held her there getting pettings whilst they shaved her belly and did the scanning.  They only tooked about a haff an hour and I bet most of it was shaving her cause she's really fuzzy on her tum.  Anyway, we hope your home by now!!

Antie Jennie, you mite be able to get along without the AyCee where you are on the waters, but we need ours!!!  ;) 

Miss Patsy we're sorry your camping trip has been rainings.  That doesn't sound plezint to me.  Do you gots a heater in the camper???

Mam we glad you founded a solushun for your foot that works ok cause it sounds like it mite be a long time to get this back to normill!!!  :eek

Miss Wiki...  {{{sigh}}}...  :shakefinger  Viziting is really fun, but you can't go unless you won't pee!!!  Get it together!!!  :thumbs-up 

Mister Lupin, our skwerrils have been really sooper aktive around here too.  Me and Flizzie gotta spend a good number of minits chasing em all up the trees before we can get down to the real bizness of going potty and sniffing everything!!  Miss Kerry, Momma loves those Indian foods like curries and masalas and dahl and tandoori.  She would probly eat it alla the time!!!  :rolleyes:   She buys these packets made by Tasty Bites, and lots of their stuff is veegin so you could eat it!!  Her biggest hack is just buying a jar of Tikka sauce, putting chikken in it (or toefoo for you) and a veggie and heating it in the beep-beep box for a few minits to heat up.  That way you don't have to take the time to make it from scratching.  Oh yeah.  Momma says you could just be sensitive to that particular gluten - seitan doesn't have a sertin amino acid that you mite feel more than others.  Other gluten things doesn't bother you tho??

Mister Nate, our kittehs were all mighty fly hunters too, Momma says.  They would catch em and EAT em tho!!!  :puke  Now, Momma's gotta run around and try and swat em herownseff so Flizzie doesn't freek out.  Flizz doesn't mind em until they get a particular size - or, I gess, a particular pitch to their buzzy sound.  That's what freeks her out.  But she will eat em too - and spiders!! - if she catches em!!  :rolleyes:

So Mister Jupiter is in good company about being a scardedy houndie about flies!!!!  Miss Lizabeth Momma has found this stuff called Neosporin + Pain Reliever that's got lidocaine in it and it works really goot for bug bites!!!  The skeeters just eat her up in the summer, and she reacts by swelling up and itching like crazy, but this Neosporin works really good numming the itching and painings  Neosporin + Lidocaine  

Miss Cindy that's such a sweet story about Fizzy coming to live with you!!!  :beatheart  We use HuggableHound on the Etsy for collars.  They are super well made and last forever, and they aren't super expensive.  Plus also she has some really nice fabricals and stuff.  Oh Lookit!!  Miss Kathy says they can have a sleeping over with Miss Ivy and Miss Cherry!!  :thumbs-up 

Momma's gotta try and do a small load of lawndries this morning before it gets warmer, and she's gotta finish watering everything before the HAWTS start up.  Our seedings that she started a week ago are up and probly should get transplanted, but Momma doesn't want to do it when it's gonna get over 100 degrees.

Wishings for a wonderfull Windsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Cindy, I have several from https://freetofeet.com/ They are fabric w/no embroidery, easy to wash, I use a little Dawn to get both the oil and dirt.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

Yes we have a little plug in heater for the (little) camper and a little toilet too. It's not like we're sleeping on the ground or anything but I'm tired of this nonsense. 

DH is off getting a cache in his last two Montana counties he wanted to get this trip. I have on socks, Long trousers, long sleeve hooded tshirt, hooded sweatshirt, and fingerless reading gloves. 😵‍💫

Bakandforthbakandforth. 

OK. That sounds awfully whiney I realize. Sorry about that--especially when everyone else is dying in the heat. 🙀

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Ivy is home!  She is pant-pant-panting from the sedation so I am letting her sleep it off.  She did drink a little bit of water but I haven’t given her food yet, I’d like to wait until she relaxes more.  Apparently some samples were taken according to the vet tech but I haven’t spoken to the vet yet.

• Like 3

We're back to 92 degrees and humid again!  No walks tomorrow, but 2 on Friday.  Then I'm going to Mary's to spend the night.  In one of the big parks, Pittsburgh has a free concert series all summer, very eclectic.   And Friday is going to be the Summer Of Love concert!  We are so excited.  And I'm old enough to actually remember the Summer Of Love---I think I had a lot of fun.  :rolleyes:  I really love the music, and it sounds like a whole immersive thing, more like a Broadway show.  And there are vendors, food trucks, beer trucks.  Hope it won't be too hot---it sounds like so much fun.

Things are about the same---no sign of sweet Peter.  And Trish still fighting not to give in to Tony.  Yep, I have had many talks, given much advice, tough love, support, resources, etc.  I do agree that she will probably have to reach rock bottom,and get VERY serious.  :(  And also yes, thanks for helping to keep me sane.  :grouphug

Glad Flashy's dental went well.

Wow, Carol, that is a LOT of rain!

I love that Lewis Black quote!  And I agree.  I've often wanted to visit Australia or some very far off land, but I feel like the flight alone would do me in.  :nod

Yikes, Jen!  I thought WE were hot!  We don't have air either, except in the bedroom, so I understand your misery.  Chris, you're getting YIKES hot too!

Oh, Elizabeth, I feel your misery too.  Those fire ants are unnaturally fast as well as vicious.   I once frantically tried to brush them off my dog's leg, and they were up my arm so fast I barely saw them.  And my arm was covered.  :weep

Oooh, Nancy, The Women is on my wanted list too.  I'm really interested in the Vietnam era.  I think Doug is going to order it for me.

Sorry you're not feeling great, Kerry.  I've had a lot of gastro stuff too, and had a great PA gastro woman who helped.  But sometimes it just doesn't seem like there is a definite answer.

We have a Fizzy in the club!  I am so glad she is with you, Cindy!

Patsy, sorry you are experiencing not so great vacation weather.

Glad Ivy is home!  We'll be waiting for results too.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

A wet and cool campin trip iz bettah than a day at werk, enny time!

Wiki, iffn yoo were closer, yoo could come bisit us. Fuzzy and da Galoot like to cause mayhem, and whut's a leetle tinkle twixt friendlies?

449495702_1982604018871441_8780981928612

The panting has stopped, she drank some water but is not at all interested in food.   But she did find one tiny little sunbeam !

• Like 1

Awwwww Ivy  :kiss2

:thumbs-up  Fizzy. Healing hearts one day at a time  :)

Sorry Patsy is having a miserable wet vacation.  Yuk.

Seems that Widget has turned hisownself into a great kids Camp pony.  I wish I knew how to share the videos, but here is a pic to make you smile.  This is our amazing Vets youngest kidlet...

449696879_10231467487371241_8937939065473302894_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=127cfc&_nc_ohc=fJ5VvzSENEEQ7kNvgGMccNS&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=00_AYBejNbmUSbsENSlQB8HgRV66jZIOzPGPfSyusEXdOaACg&oe=668BB0DF

• Like 6

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg