AnnIE Visits the Lieberry

AnnIE has been wanting to do this since forevah and we created an opportunity for her to try! First, in order to prepare, she stopped at the lieberry’s book shed to choose some reading material appropriate for kidlets

IMG-1544.jpg

We practiced reading out loud (hey, it’s trickier than you think :lol ) and finally it was AnnIe’s Day.

IMG-1586.jpg

We read to three kidlets, all of whom possessed varying degrees of attention spans. But all of them loved on AnnIE, who, as it turns out, has indeed found her niche. She could knot have been any better. She snuggled with each little one and then curled up for a nap. One kidlet was Very active and I will say that reading whilst being your dogs advocate is Very interesting.  It must have gone well bc the lieberry would like AnnIE to come back.  Story Time with AnnIE :beatheart

IMG-1587.jpg

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Something about that picture makes me wonder how the parents reacted when Annie read Jackie Collins to the kids. :rotfl  Just wondeirng....

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

2 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

Something about that picture makes me wonder how the parents reacted when Annie read Jackie Collins to the kids. :rotfl  Just wondeirng....

Yeah, that was knot the appropriate reading, oops :blush :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

5 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Yeah, that was knot the appropriate reading, oops :blush :lol

Just AnnIE being AnnIE! Love that girl! 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

AnnIE (Annie Is Edumacated), you are a :star

Besides Jackie Collins and Danielle Steele, would you be interested in a book like this?  Kid Greyhound Book.  We would be glad to provide it or something else.  

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I too laughed when I saw Jackie Collins as a possible author. :rofl

It's awesome that AnnIE enjoyed herself, you survived, and the lieberry wants you both back. :beatheart 

Good job AnnIE! Good job Jan! 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

My heart is bursting! It looks like we were all keen to know what Annie’s choice of reading material would be. Now we know that she is a romantic (Buddy headed straight for the pottery and ceramics section when we took him to a book store last year. He was eager to learn the art but I had to remind him that he didn’t have any thumbs and that he was the clumsiest dog alive, so pottery was probably not a good match for him!).

Did she end up having a calming influence on the hyperactive child?

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

How lovely! Well done both of you :f_pink:cookie

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

11 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

AnnIE (Annie Is Edumacated), you are a :star

Besides Jackie Collins and Danielle Steele, would you be interested in a book like this?  Kid Greyhound Book.  We would be glad to provide it or something else.  

Oooh, thank you for suggesting that book, it looks like a wonderful (and appropriate :lol ) story for the kidlets. Thankfully, the lieberry director had selected AnnIE's reading material, "appropriate" was clearly knot in the box where AnnIE was looking :lol 

10 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

Annie, you're the bestest girl! You both did great and we're so proud of you!

:blush It's all AnnIE, I'm just her driver!

5 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

My heart is bursting! It looks like we were all keen to know what Annie’s choice of reading material would be. Now we know that she is a romantic (Buddy headed straight for the pottery and ceramics section when we took him to a book store last year. He was eager to learn the art but I had to remind him that he didn’t have any thumbs and that he was the clumsiest dog alive, so pottery was probably not a good match for him!).

Did she end up having a calming influence on the hyperactive child?

This made me both :lol and :wub:  Knot having thumbs hasn't hindered Buddy's creative side. Love that guy!

Toward the end of our reading, the busy kidlet had motored it down a few notches. AnnIE just snoozed away. She would have loved hanging out at the lieberry all day as a M&G'er!  Thanks everyone!

Oh AnnIE.   What a gud girl.

Seeing this makes my heart sing :wub:

My Nigel was an absolutely awesome reading dog.  
And Sid sure loves his snuggles with the stressed out Hi Skool kids. 

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

AnnIE, you are wonderful as a reading houndie! :yay  So patient and loving.  :wub:  I'm glad you and Jan are going to do this again!

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

How wonderful!  Glad she has found the perfect job.  I am still looking for mine!  :rofl 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Outstanding AnnIE.  And how "clever" to choose a title that would also appeal to the moms accompanying the kidlets. ;)

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

On 8/23/2023 at 7:41 AM, BatterseaBrindl said:

My Nigel was an absolutely awesome reading dog.  
And Sid sure loves his snuggles with the stressed out Hi Skool kids. 

Thank you, and thank you for continuing to do what you do. Most excellent hounds :beatheart

• 3 weeks later...

We're waiting for an update on the session on the 11th.  Did you have roaring crowds?  Did you have to read an encore?  Or did you make just 1 or 2 kiddos very, very happy?  

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

3 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

We're waiting for an update on the session on the 11th.  Did you have roaring crowds?  Did you have to read an encore?  Or did you make just 1 or 2 kiddos very, very happy?  

Yes. Inquiring minds want to know. The hurricane will wait while you update us. :rotfl  Stay safe! 

Sorry, my bad! Sadly, there is nothing to report. Knot one kidlet, knot one at all :weep Butt, it was knot a total loss as the library staff and a patron spent considerable time with AnnIE in their laps. AnnIE did alright and mom didn't have to read :lol The lieberry direktor is ramping up publicity so hopefully there is a more better turnout next time.

AnnIE: Mom? We coulda skipped my sponge bath!

Maybe you should have adult reading time w/Jackie Collins!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

6 minutes ago, palmettobug said:

Maybe you should have adult reading time w/Jackie Collins!

:lol

Well, that's disappointing. But it sounds like it worked out just fine for AnnIE. :lol 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)